Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-584463 said: Hi Donnie, No one is selling older men short, that was not my point, I don't care a...
(Quote) Debbie-584463 said:

Hi Donnie,

No one is selling older men short, that was not my point, I don't care about age, but in my experience trying to find someone close to my age has been extremely difficult, as again in my experience, I have always gotten replies from men who are older and some a great deal older.

Again I say with real love age should not matter, not physical or emotional lust. I don't want someone to love me because I am younger or older. !

My opinion!!!

Blessings to you.

Debbie

--hide--
I was just wondering what you consider older as opposed to someone close to my age????

Jan 16th 2013 new

Wow, thank you all for your input. Debbie, I hope you are wrong, but I have to admit I have heard that said many times about men wanting younger women. However, I have also seen a lot of 50 somethings meet and I have actually dated men in their late 40's and early 50's. I do think part of the problem is that the ratio of men to women in big cities is something like 4 or 5 to 1. THAT is a major part of the problem right there. We girls need to move to Alaska where the ratio is more like 5 men to 1 woman! :) LOL!

I agree with Debbie that God knows what we want and what desires are in our hearts and it might take time, but I am never going to give up hope to find that special someone that I know is for me! I really appreciate all of your comments and keep them coming, because they all give some new information and spin on the question.

Thanks everyone!!

God Bless! Michele

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Michele-897861 said: Wow, thank you all for your input. Debbie, I hope you are wrong, but I have to admit I have hea...
(Quote) Michele-897861 said:

Wow, thank you all for your input. Debbie, I hope you are wrong, but I have to admit I have heard that said many times about men wanting younger women. However, I have also seen a lot of 50 somethings meet and I have actually dated men in their late 40's and early 50's. I do think part of the problem is that the ratio of men to women in big cities is something like 4 or 5 to 1. THAT is a major part of the problem right there. We girls need to move to Alaska where the ratio is more like 5 men to 1 woman! :) LOL!

I agree with Debbie that God knows what we want and what desires are in our hearts and it might take time, but I am never going to give up hope to find that special someone that I know is for me! I really appreciate all of your comments and keep them coming, because they all give some new information and spin on the question.

Thanks everyone!!

God Bless! Michele

--hide--
Alaska sounds good. lol

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Michele-897861 said: Wow, thank you all for your input. Debbie, I hope you are wrong, but I have to admit I have hea...

Thanks everyone!!

God Bless! Michele

--hide--
Alaska sounds good. lol

Jan 17th 2013 new

Thanks everyone!!

God Bless! Michele

--hide--

The Yukon is a pretty good option too!
wave

Jan 17th 2013 new

I learned a long time ago to throw the age number out the window. eyebrow

I've dated men both older AND younger by 10+ years. Each gentleman was considered not by a number, but by their interests, compatability, positive outlook, sense of humor, activity level, etc. What mattered is how much we had in common, how much we connected if we spoke, if there was a physical spark - all the normal signs we look for when we're evaluating date potential in anyone that crosses our path.

Be honest about yourself and what you truly are bringing to the table in terms of your own 'datability', and look for someone similar. Basically know what you are looking for, know what you personally offer, and keep it all realistic. biggrin

Before you limit yourself too much, at least read the darn profiles! There are some VERY OLD ACTING younger men in this world that have bored me quickly, and there are some VERY YOUNG ACTING older gents that were fun, active, and easily kept my interest. It's how we feel when we're together that counts - not our numbers. wink

Now, that said - I've personally found over the years that I seem to connect better with men close to my age and older. Life isn't all peaches and cream, sometimes it's REALLY difficult. Experience counts with me - and the gents I've met who have gone through a tough time or two and come out a survivor, seem to understand that when times are tough in a marriage - we should pull together and get through them as a team. Again, that's just been my personal experience. To each his (or her) own.

Just my 2 cents. two cents

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-584463 said: Debbie I agree with you whole heartily. I for one at my age can be just as active as someone...
(Quote) Debbie-584463 said:

Debbie I agree with you whole heartily. I for one at my age can be just as active as someone 10yrs younger,and I know there are women older could keep up with those younger women. I think they don't want to admit they want to be with someone younger for their ego. Women over 50yrs have a lot to offer any man. Yes, we could just be looking at only fit/tall ,handsome,educated,and with great resources.

What about the character, virtures,dedication,spirituality???

Patricia

Hi All,

My whole point in this older men/younger women thing is I see it as limiting God. It is no different than changing my profile to say something like "please only really good looking successful and younger men reply or contact me".

That is how most women feel when they see older guys limiting themselves to only younger attractive women. I can only speak for myself but it makes me feel bad about what human nature is really like soooo very shallow.

I believe God knows our needs and desires and he knows our motives as well. I don't want someone who "loves" me because I am 12 years younger, that frankly just makes me sick.!!!!

I am not talking about the men that want to start families etc......that is understandable, I am talking about men in their 50's and 60's and up who absolutely will not settle for someone their own age who may be compatible, they want only 30's and 40 year old women because it makes them say "look at me , I have a young beautiful wife" I must be special!!! It is pure vanity.

Personally I don't have age limit, I will leave that up to God, Peace and Blessings to everyone.

Debbie

--hide--

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: The Yukon is a pretty good option too!
(Quote) John-34848 said:

The Yukon is a pretty good option too!

--hide--

eyepopping Maybe for YOU!! laughing 

The golfing season is longer here..  wink

Jan 17th 2013 new

I have been off and on this site for many years and have difficulties finding a compatiable man in my age range. I will be turning 43 years old this February and I have the same problems that women over 50 years of age. Since I started a family very young my children are nearly grown. Most men in their late 30's and early 40's are now searching for a wife to start a family. Once again, I have no luck in the department with child bearing. Please I'm not here to offend anyone,but this is based on my life experiences. I even met men who were in their 50's and 60's and still thought I was not young enough for them. However, after all these years I finally received my first email from a gentlemen who is in his late 40's and has the exact temperament as me. Now that's rare to find. I have been single for nearly 12 years and I still believe in God's will for us. I pray for others and myself. I do agree that mankind is placing too much emphasis on youth rather than the female's soul.

Many blessings,

Janette

Jan 17th 2013 new

I am rather new to online dating; I did the "most popular" site awhile back and I agree. Many men who contacted me were 10-15+ years older than I am. When I would politely point out that they were indeed out of my age range, I would get the same reply. "I can out-do a man 20 years younger than I am..." of course, I would never put this to the test! Perhaps what goes through a man's mind when he has the ability to "pick and choose--a catalogue of women", so to speak, is that a woman younger than he is will make him feel younger, and better about himself. He takes a chance that a woman 15-20 yrs. younger would be interested in him. I would worry that they are looking for a "Sugar Daddy".It is interesting to me that those who say that age is only a number most likely aren't looking at women who are 15-20 years older than they are! Shouldn't women feel the same way? Statistically speaking, women outlive men. Therefore, WE should be the ones seeking a partner younger than we are. Perhaps their first wife, or women they have previously dated, have a less youthful outlook. I would hope that we aren't all being lumped into that category. I have worked to maintain my health, physique, and I would like to find a man who has done the same. Sometimes I feel shallow for not wanting to consider a man who is overweight. A part of this whole issue is about attraction. If a man met a woman his own age range who knocked his socks off, would he go down the road to look for something younger? I guess he would, if he thought he could succeed at it. In my eyes, a man who would pass a pearl to look for the grain of sand who hasn't yet become one is selling himself short. Would that man want to have a much younger set of friends to socialize with that the woman brings along with her? Or would she be expected to join his circle and leave hers behind? Just points to ponder....

Posts 11 - 20 of 156