Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Harold-950877 said: Hi Buzz here from Portland,Or. Was wondering if 73 is too old an age for woman in there...
(Quote) Harold-950877 said:

Hi
Buzz here from Portland,Or.
Was wondering if 73 is too old an age for woman in there 60`s.
Am trying to meet woman whom are in CM,cause that seems the best place to connect with someone. Someone mentioned a cruise? Not sure if that is a good way.Any intake on this would be well appreciated.I don`t look 73,I`ve been told.My profile is on CM.

--hide--

I have to say, It depends on the woman on if they would go out with someone that is 73. If you want to find out more about gatherings then look in the forums for gatherings. It is true that many have meet both in forums and events.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-584463 said: Hi Donnie, No one is selling older men short, that was not my point, I don't care ab...
(Quote) Debbie-584463 said:

Hi Donnie,

No one is selling older men short, that was not my point, I don't care about age, but in my experience trying to find someone close to my age has been extremely difficult, as again in my experience, I have always gotten replies from men who are older and some a great deal older.

Again I say with real love age should not matter, not physical or emotional lust. I don't want someone to love me because I am younger or older. !

My opinion!!!

Blessings to you.

Debbie

--hide--

Debbie You are beautiful. If men are turning you down or continue to seek younger, then it is almost criminal really..

Apr 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Donnie-397050 said: Age is mostly irrelevent, at least, once you pass 50. I don't feel as though I have re...
(Quote) Donnie-397050 said:

Age is mostly irrelevent, at least, once you pass 50. I don't feel as though I have reached my potential yet. Don't sell and older man short. Most of us still have a lot of livin' and lovin' left in us.

It's all about your direction.

--hide--

If age is mostly irrelevant, why don't men look at women their own age? (and please don't don't say because you want children).
Apr 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Mike-639276 said: Hi Michele and gang,I've wondered about some of what you've all written myself and h...
(Quote) Mike-639276 said:

Hi Michele and gang,

I've wondered about some of what you've all written myself and have several thoughts for your consideration & feedback. Before starting, remember sending an email to no reply happens to all of us - I have enough 1st hand experience to say it! The reasons why could include any piece of personal criteria listed in CM.

Do we expect too much from an internet dating site? I mean it should be just one way we may meet a good match right?

I think internet dating raises different expectations and fears vs a casual face-to-face meeting. By being on this site we've all announced our intention of "I'm looking for that someone!" This raises the emotional risk for both - "if I respond he/she must think I'm romantically interested" (almost by definition of being on the site).
Whereas if we meet someone a couple times in the grocery store, talk about being too lazy to cook then "hey lets go to the new restaurant across the street" or see someone a few times at Mass, talk a few times and decide to play a casual round of golf maybe just because you both like golf and have a free afternoon. You've done it the way human beings have done it for years: seen & heard them in person, watched them in real life, talked and got verbal and non-verbal feedback and queues from them AND there were a ton of "fail-safe moments" where if you/they chose to limit your personal engagement, it would happen without having to answer a note to say "You have and interesting profile however..." and come up with an 'uplifting' way to say ya live too far away, different interests, not physically attracted, etc or probably some combo of several.

I think there's some truth to the posts that guys are sometimes looking for younger gals, just as gals are looking for cuter, taller, less/more hairy, etc guys. My criteria is set from my age to 10 below. Here's a couple reasons why, specific to me only: I'm interested in being outdoors running, skiing, playing tennis, softball. I'm far from a super jock, I've just always enjoyed these things so I'm looking for someone who's always had those type of interests to enjoy together. I can't back it up w/statistics but it sure seems like the older we get the less active some of the match profiles tend to be and yes, a physically fit woman is usually more attractive to me.

So if I receive an email or a wink from someone who seems to have significantly different interests waddya do? If I have time, I may email back but don't always have time - and to do a considerate letter does take time. That's why if they're way off from the profile I try to communicate sometimes the best answer is no answer?

--hide--

Are you saying women your age are not capable of being physically fit?
Apr 5th 2013 new
(Quote) David-933932 said: I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents :) ... I am definitely open to dating all adult age ranges... I woul...
(Quote) David-933932 said:

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents :) ... I am definitely open to dating all adult age ranges... I would love to find someone around my age and fall madly in love... that said, i have found that younger ladies seem to be more "in your face" if they like you and are attracted to you (please, I really don't mean that in a negative way). They let you know they are interested... I have found that ladies in my age range tend to be less forward and wait for the man to pursue them (I know this is a generalization... it has just been my experience)... I know when I was much younger (teenager, early 20's), it was the courtship process for the man to pursue the lady... but believe me girls, after getting rejection after rejection, a guy tends to move on and not pursue... that may make me sound a little pathetic, but guys know what I'm talking about :) ... Times have changed, I have a son in his early 20's, seems now-a-days girls pursue as often as guys do... all I know is, I have dated in my age range, and girls much younger... I know, the few times I dated a younger girl, the mature ladies usually get mad... however, I'd much rather date in my age range :)

--hide--

Thats a very interesting and unique perspective (to me anyway).
Apr 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: It has been my experience on this site that the majority of women who view my profile are my age or older, and...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

It has been my experience on this site that the majority of women who view my profile are my age or older, and so I disagree that it's always the "older man/younger woman" scenario. I think that we need to accept a few facts related to our age group. Most PEOPLE over 50 yearn to be younger, and even 40 sounds good to me! We can't have that of course, but being with someone younger is likely to create the illusion, at least, of feeling younger. An easy temptation of human nature. Sadly, the 50s, on average is the decade when many experience a steep decline in overall health. This is a genuine concern, and some have posted that they are active and still in good health (including myself) and want a healthy partner who can keep up with them. Being with someone older and in declining health is like a mirror that we don't want to look into, and again, this is human nature.

I complied some stats directly related to CM that may also provide food for thought. I performed a search experiment related to age groups on the site. All searches set at a 50 mile radius. I am 55. Here are the results:

45/55 = 504 profiles

55/65 = 431 profiles 15% fewer at ten years older

40/55 = 678 profiles

55/70 = 544 profiles 20% fewer at fifteen years older

Clearly, there are more available candidates who are younger, than who are older. Just another factor to consider.

--hide--

Why are you assuming women your own age aren't as healthy as you and can't keep up with you? Can you see this from their profiles without getting to know them?
Apr 6th 2013 new

Well, I am not over 50, but I wanted to say that the phenomena also works with my age range. Some men who are 30 or under are looking for people as young as 20, but they won't consider anyone their age or older or at least more than a few years older. Then phenomena starts when men are in their 20's.

Apr 6th 2013 new

Well this is interesting because I have an age range myself but my mind is open. But I am also a realist. There are men who say if I were 30 years younger etc! Most men have the sense of reality I think. Some just get caught up in the moment and vulnerablity. Just as us women can get caught up in the romance etc.

I have been pursued by younger men even as young as 18 years younger! I was married to a man 9 years my junior and it worked very well! I feel as if I am still 25 inside my mind but I know I am not. I have dated men older and younger, and it depends on the individual. There are harsh realities about age and visuals that men usually are struck with first then they find out about you. I have wondered why none of the men my age in church have not approached me and younger or much older have...I was told it is because I look younger! I am told that but I then forget. I don't dwell on it. I just am who I am. I try to consider a man by his personality and intelligence and then how much fun we could have talking and running about! IMHO.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-584463 said: I believe that if you truly want real love age shouldn't matter either way. If y...
(Quote) Debbie-584463 said:

I believe that if you truly want real love age shouldn't matter either way.

If you want a younger attractive woman that is exactly what you will reap.

--hide--

Debbie, I totally agree with you. I have always dated younger guys--by just a couple of years. It doesn't matter to me if it doesn't matter to them especially if we have the same kinds of interests. At least it shouldn't matter..... If I were to meet someone a little older than I, that would be ok, too. As someone in another thread said, shouldn't we be looking more at the heart than at physical appearance? theheart

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Why are you assuming women your own age aren't as healthy as you and can't keep up w...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Why are you assuming women your own age aren't as healthy as you and can't keep up with you? Can you see this from their profiles without getting to know them?
--hide--

I agree with you since I correspond with women both older than me and younger than me that I think are as healthy as I am and would be interested in meeting some of them.

I have met some women though that are 15 years younger than me that aren't as healthy as I am (they may still live longer than me but I guess only God knows).

Posts 121 - 130 of 156