Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 27th 2013 new
Beverly,
I've been a nurse for almost 30 years! Love the profession. And I wouldn't have expected to be so engaged in it after all these years. Can't imagine my life without that career born out of sheer need to support my young children.
I have met many wonderful sons of patients. But alas, they were sons of patients, and thus, I wouldn't even crossing that proverbial professional line.
Enjoy your work! Remember that each night you may go to bed knowing that you made a difference in at least one life. (And that at least one person, that day, made a difference in yours!)

May 27th 2013 new
(quote) Michele-897861 said: Would love to know what nice Catholic men are looking for out there. Would love to read some positive online dating stories and what attracted you to one another online, etc.
Thanks!
A profile photo is an absolute must. I say this because at this time I don't see one. I'm in business, so forgive the following if offended, but you are selling yourself (not literally, of course!). You must be willing to put your best foot forward, and for many men, and certainly for me, a good appearance counts. Note please: I said appearance, not necessarily beauty or glamour (men looking only for those qualities you don't want to meet anyway). Frankly, I see some of the profile photos some women candidates put on display, and I just shake my head. For heaven's sake, find a flattering photo, and if you don't have one readily available, make an appointment with a professional photographer (and not Aunt Mimi who takes pictures as a hobby). Spend a few bucks. You're worth it, no?
May 27th 2013 new
(quote) Michele-897861 said: Additionally, I have reached out to many guys and have not received many replies. Any thoughts?
If you wish to, you might read my earlier post in reference to your first question. Again, I'm in business, and my answer will reflect that. It's a numbers game. The more you reach out, the better your odds of getting a response. The reasons for these lack of responses are many, but my guess is the men in question are simply not interested (if they were, they would respond in a New York minute, I promise). Do not under any circumstances be offended at a non-response. It happens to men too, as I can attest. I find it somewhat disrespectful on both sides to not at least acknowledge a message, and I try always to respond simply and honestly if I am not interested. Would you feel better to have a message sent to you that said that? I'm sure it would still hurt (it does me), but the result are the same. Just remember, numbers! He's out there to be found.
May 29th 2013 new
Until last week I would have agreed with you 100%.
But I took down my profile pic (still have a photo album) because I found I could Google my name and find myself in the CM forums a little too easily.
Jun 24th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said:
I prefer one or two years younger to 5-6 years older.. My age parameters are pretty tight..I have a hard time moving that top number up.
Donna,
Two of your posts have the age negative attitude in them that the men are being accused of. In relation to this perception and the pigeon holing of older males as stalkers of young meat, this is only an opinion minus substantive fact and is a slur against the reputation of older males on CM. It may be better to remove peoples ages, which may be helpful in removing this perceived prejudice.
The attraction element is a part of Gods creativeness in relation to males and females. That attractiveness is not just limited to the physical. It may come as a surprise to you, in relation to men, we can read and do read profiles. Also, as Catholic males, we look for the Magnificent 7 out of 7 . As the Church and our local priests advise. Males are also looking for a woman that cares about them, body and soul. So Peter keep the 'fool and shallow labels' locked away; it is only your perception and I might add a seriously uncharitable one. This site is supposed to be pro Church and a safe haven to find a truly Catholic partner. Factor that in and then collect the numbers in relation to 7 out of 7's and the Some or None subscribers.
People may feel this is only my opinion, and you would be partially right; But it is an informed opinion based on The Catholic Churches teachings and advice, found in the Catechism Of the Catholic Church.
Jun 24th 2013 new
Michele, You need a photo. Maryjane
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Been to the Yukon. It is gorgeous. I could easily live there. If I found the right person I could probably live most anywhere. Home is where the heart is.

Lois
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said:

Well, I am not over 50, but I wanted to say that the phenomena also works with my age range. Some men who are 30 or under are looking for people as young as 20, but they won't consider anyone their age or older or at least more than a few years older. Then phenomena starts when men are in their 20's.

I agree with you and think that's a mistake I made especially when I was 33 and passed on a girl who was 34... maybe one of the personal big mistakes of my life..
Jul 3rd 2013 new
Been on this site for a long time and am still waiting for the illusive man! Praying
Jul 4th 2013 new
Looking for one woman who really wants one fantastic guy for all of eternity .
Posts 141 - 150 of 156