Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 17th 2013 new

I wouldn't dream of turning a woman down simply because she's ten years older than I. If I'm attracted then I'm attracted, period! I value other aspects much higher than age: compatibility, personality, mental and physical attraction.

Jan 17th 2013 new

wave I agree with you about chemistry and intrinsic attraction is the most important element. However, I understand the energy and activity piece ... I am very active and very healthy and vibrantly alive... plus fun to boot!

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-928471 said: I agree with you about chemistry and intrinsic attraction is the most important element. However,...
(Quote) Linda-928471 said:

I agree with you about chemistry and intrinsic attraction is the most important element. However, I understand the energy and activity piece ... I am very active and very healthy and vibrantly alive... plus fun to boot!

--hide--

Wolf Whistle wink

Jan 18th 2013 new

You can follow a thread on facebook: CAMA Indy. An organization, "Ransomed Heart Ministries" and an author, Eldridge, were mentioned. A book, "Captivating," was written by the author's wife. It is supposed to be a very good read for the feminine side of that. Mr. Eldridge has evidently written a book concerning the masculine side, too~

Jan 18th 2013 new

Hi Donnie,

In relation to my age 55 of course I would consider your age as not being older. I am talking about on site's such as CM etc..... I first joined when I was 43. I kid you not, I think in a year I got 2 responses from men my age, the rest were always in their mid fifties and some older. It genuinely made feel uneasy, it was as if "vanity" kept going off in my head!!! the thing is that God knows our motives and if vanity is the case he will reveal that, and the woman would likely move on, I can only speak for myself, it is something that makes me uncomfortable.

I have women friends that are married to men of all ages, some are older men, some younger men and some around the same age.

This isn't an opinion it is fact. Just sharing my experience. I don't care either way younger or older or same age is fine with me. I just need to know it is genuine love....that is all that matters.

Each person can do as they wish, Peace and Blessings,

Debbie

Jan 18th 2013 new
I myself being very active, prefer my age & younger.I still work & will for a long time.I still want

to go out & dance,have fun & my age & younger fits in better for me.

Jan 20th 2013 new

Hello Michele,

I believe many men are looking for a relationship that will be mutually spiritually beneficial. A synergistic relationship, where each partner’s goal is to increase in holiness while helping the other partner do the same.

Spiritually, sin cuts us off from God, and this is the most serious consequence of premarital sex. After going too far, many of us know all too well that cloud of guilt that weighs on our hearts. The solution is not to kill our conscience, but to follow it to freedom. It is calling us, not condemning us. Provided we repent, God will be there to welcome us home, and let us start over (See John 8 and Luke 15).

What this all means is that our bodies, our hearts, our relationships, and our souls are not made for premarital sex. We're made for enduring love.

May God send many blessings to you and yours.

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-882509 said: I am rather new to online dating; I did the "most popular" site awhile back and I agree...
(Quote) Kathy-882509 said:

I am rather new to online dating; I did the "most popular" site awhile back and I agree. Many men who contacted me were 10-15+ years older than I am. When I would politely point out that they were indeed out of my age range, I would get the same reply. "I can out-do a man 20 years younger than I am..." of course, I would never put this to the test! Perhaps what goes through a man's mind when he has the ability to "pick and choose--a catalogue of women", so to speak, is that a woman younger than he is will make him feel younger, and better about himself. He takes a chance that a woman 15-20 yrs. younger would be interested in him. I would worry that they are looking for a "Sugar Daddy".It is interesting to me that those who say that age is only a number most likely aren't looking at women who are 15-20 years older than they are! Shouldn't women feel the same way? Statistically speaking, women outlive men. Therefore, WE should be the ones seeking a partner younger than we are. Perhaps their first wife, or women they have previously dated, have a less youthful outlook. I would hope that we aren't all being lumped into that category. I have worked to maintain my health, physique, and I would like to find a man who has done the same. Sometimes I feel shallow for not wanting to consider a man who is overweight. A part of this whole issue is about attraction. If a man met a woman his own age range who knocked his socks off, would he go down the road to look for something younger? I guess he would, if he thought he could succeed at it. In my eyes, a man who would pass a pearl to look for the grain of sand who hasn't yet become one is selling himself short. Would that man want to have a much younger set of friends to socialize with that the woman brings along with her? Or would she be expected to join his circle and leave hers behind? Just points to ponder....

--hide--

A lot of interesting points to consider, Kathy. One of those points that I had thought of is that women are more likely to live at least seven years longer than men their same age, which begs the question as to why women are looking for younger men. I, for one, am not apposed to dating a younger man. I work at keeping healthy and fit and like to walk, hike, swim and kayak. So it would be nice to find a gentleman who would and could do those things. But, with all that said, I am looking for who God has in mind for me, and I have accepted he is likely to be an Auburn or Tennessee fan who hates to swim or kayak. Just so we can work out those details, I don' expect to let age to be defining issue.

- Elizabeth

Jan 20th 2013 new

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents :) ... I am definitely open to dating all adult age ranges... I would love to find someone around my age and fall madly in love... that said, i have found that younger ladies seem to be more "in your face" if they like you and are attracted to you (please, I really don't mean that in a negative way). They let you know they are interested... I have found that ladies in my age range tend to be less forward and wait for the man to pursue them (I know this is a generalization... it has just been my experience)... I know when I was much younger (teenager, early 20's), it was the courtship process for the man to pursue the lady... but believe me girls, after getting rejection after rejection, a guy tends to move on and not pursue... that may make me sound a little pathetic, but guys know what I'm talking about :) ... Times have changed, I have a son in his early 20's, seems now-a-days girls pursue as often as guys do... all I know is, I have dated in my age range, and girls much younger... I know, the few times I dated a younger girl, the mature ladies usually get mad... however, I'd much rather date in my age range :)

Jan 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Michele-897861 said: Would love to know what nice Catholic men are looking for out there. Would love to read some positive online...
(Quote) Michele-897861 said:

Would love to know what nice Catholic men are looking for out there. Would love to read some positive online dating stories and what attracted you to one another online, etc.

Thanks!

--hide--
Virginia??? I only date Giants fans. Not Redskins fans!!
Posts 21 - 30 of 156