Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 24th 2013 new

I am much older than you and have had no messages since starting. It seems that there are very few older men in my area. I keep getting pictures of men from the other side of the country. At my age, the men are all settled in their own area, with no desire to move across the country to meet someone. Don't give up hope, honey!
You've got time and God is on your side.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) David-933932 said: I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents :) ... I am definitely open to dating all adult age ra...
(Quote) David-933932 said:

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents :) ... I am definitely open to dating all adult age ranges... I would love to find someone around my age and fall madly in love... that said, i have found that younger ladies seem to be more "in your face" if they like you and are attracted to you (please, I really don't mean that in a negative way). They let you know they are interested... I have found that ladies in my age range tend to be less forward and wait for the man to pursue them (I know this is a generalization... it has just been my experience)... I know when I was much younger (teenager, early 20's), it was the courtship process for the man to pursue the lady... but believe me girls, after getting rejection after rejection, a guy tends to move on and not pursue... that may make me sound a little pathetic, but guys know what I'm talking about :) ... Times have changed, I have a son in his early 20's, seems now-a-days girls pursue as often as guys do... all I know is, I have dated in my age range, and girls much younger... I know, the few times I dated a younger girl, the mature ladies usually get mad... however, I'd much rather date in my age range :)

--hide--

David,

Texans ROCK! hehe! Veronica wave

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-921452 said: I'd call you in a heartbeat except for the long distance thing.
(Quote) Steve-921452 said:

I'd call you in a heartbeat except for the long distance thing.

--hide--

Steve,

Don't you know, that is why God invented AIRPLANES??!! Don't let distance be an issue! TRUST in Jesus! Veronica biggrin theheart

Jan 24th 2013 new

How right you are. We are only really happy when we are right with God. That happiness means more than any other relationship in our lives.

Jan 24th 2013 new

It has been my experience on this site that the majority of women who view my profile are my age or older, and so I disagree that it's always the "older man/younger woman" scenario. I think that we need to accept a few facts related to our age group. Most PEOPLE over 50 yearn to be younger, and even 40 sounds good to me! We can't have that of course, but being with someone younger is likely to create the illusion, at least, of feeling younger. An easy temptation of human nature. Sadly, the 50s, on average is the decade when many experience a steep decline in overall health. This is a genuine concern, and some have posted that they are active and still in good health (including myself) and want a healthy partner who can keep up with them. Being with someone older and in declining health is like a mirror that we don't want to look into, and again, this is human nature.

I complied some stats directly related to CM that may also provide food for thought. I performed a search experiment related to age groups on the site. All searches set at a 50 mile radius. I am 55. Here are the results:

45/55 = 504 profiles

55/65 = 431 profiles 15% fewer at ten years older

40/55 = 678 profiles

55/70 = 544 profiles 20% fewer at fifteen years older

Clearly, there are more available candidates who are younger, than who are older. Just another factor to consider.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: It has been my experience on this site that the majority of women who view my profile are my ag...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

It has been my experience on this site that the majority of women who view my profile are my age or older, and so I disagree that it's always the "older man/younger woman" scenario. I think that we need to accept a few facts related to our age group. Most PEOPLE over 50 yearn to be younger, and even 40 sounds good to me! We can't have that of course, but being with someone younger is likely to create the illusion, at least, of feeling younger. An easy temptation of human nature. Sadly, the 50s, on average is the decade when many experience a steep decline in overall health. This is a genuine concern, and some have posted that they are active and still in good health (including myself) and want a healthy partner who can keep up with them. Being with someone older and in declining health is like a mirror that we don't want to look into, and again, this is human nature.

I complied some stats directly related to CM that may also provide food for thought. I performed a search experiment related to age groups on the site. All searches set at a 50 mile radius. I am 55. Here are the results:

45/55 = 504 profiles

40/55 = 678 profiles

Clearly, there are more available candidates who are younger, than who are older. Just another factor to consider.

--hide--

I might view your profile, especially if you are a Forum poster, but I'd be very unlikely to contact you because in my experience it would be a waste of time, because most likely scenario if anything it would be a 'Thanks but no thanks'. There is a big difference between just viewing and actually making contact.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: It has been my experience on this site that the majority of women who view my profile are my age...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

45/55 = 504 profiles

40/55 = 678 profiles

--hide--

Joseph, sounds like you have a match dilemma. Some would see your facts as merely opinions.

You said, "Being with someone older and in declining health is like a mirror that we don't want to look into, and again, this is human nature."

With this thinking you don't want that older woman and the preferred younger woman might agree with your thinking, "Being with someone older and in declining health is like a mirror that we don't want to look into, and again, this is human nature."

Time for some Burl Ive's advice:

www.youtube.com

Jan 24th 2013 new

Thanks for stepping out and calling like it is, Michelle. I have been on and off these sites for a number of years and did try to meet a couple of older men - we had nothing in common. So I finally said that I only want to see men nearer my own age. I have heard from a few, but it's just crazy. You get a smile or whatever, reply, and boom - never hear from them again. It's so bad for us to think we said something wrong or silly, blah blah blah. If these guys are just not into us now, they never will be and from the looks of you beautiful women, it's their loss. I think the biggest problem is that we need to have real conversations with real people. This written word with no body language, no voice intonation, no personal contact is just not working. If it does work (and I have to admit it did for my son and future daughter-in-law) it's because those two people were very serious and committed to finding their match - they were unafraid to pick up the phone, make a date, and try it out. I, for one, am exhausted by this method of communication. I know I have a lot to offer, but I doubt most men would take the time to find out. I am a new nurse and will be working into my 70's - haha. I am sure I will meet a couple of these guys my own age soon, but they will be in too bad a shape for me to be anything other than their nurse ;) God bless us all and hope we find a better way.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: Joseph, sounds like you have a match dilemma. Some would see your facts as merely opini...
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

Joseph, sounds like you have a match dilemma. Some would see your facts as merely opinions.

You said, "Being with someone older and in declining health is like a mirror that we don't want to look into, and again, this is human nature."

With this thinking you don't want that older woman and the preferred younger woman might agree with your thinking, "Being with someone older and in declining health is like a mirror that we don't want to look into, and again, this is human nature."

Time for some Burl Ive's advice:

www.youtube.com

--hide--

clap Good one Sandra!

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-530037 said: Thanks for stepping out and calling like it is, Michelle. I have been on and off these sites...
(Quote) Christine-530037 said:

Thanks for stepping out and calling like it is, Michelle. I have been on and off these sites for a number of years and did try to meet a couple of older men - we had nothing in common. So I finally said that I only want to see men nearer my own age. I have heard from a few, but it's just crazy. You get a smile or whatever, reply, and boom - never hear from them again. It's so bad for us to think we said something wrong or silly, blah blah blah. If these guys are just not into us now, they never will be and from the looks of you beautiful women, it's their loss. I think the biggest problem is that we need to have real conversations with real people. This written word with no body language, no voice intonation, no personal contact is just not working. If it does work (and I have to admit it did for my son and future daughter-in-law) it's because those two people were very serious and committed to finding their match - they were unafraid to pick up the phone, make a date, and try it out. I, for one, am exhausted by this method of communication. I know I have a lot to offer, but I doubt most men would take the time to find out. I am a new nurse and will be working into my 70's - haha. I am sure I will meet a couple of these guys my own age soon, but they will be in too bad a shape for me to be anything other than their nurse ;) God bless us all and hope we find a better way.

--hide--

As a 60 year old nurse with 28 years of experience I will say you have voiced my own concern.. If I do a search I never browse over 65.. I get browses from men 70-80 quite frequently..(But thankfully they don't message me).. This is who is looking for us Christine. weeping

I take care of residents in the nursing home younger than 70.. My own dad is 84, so anyone close to his age is out of the question. I don't care how good of health they think they are in. Age is age..

Posts 41 - 50 of 156