Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: As a 60 year old nurse with 28 years of experience I will say you have voiced my own concern.. If I ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

As a 60 year old nurse with 28 years of experience I will say you have voiced my own concern.. If I do a search I never browse over 65.. I get browses from men 70-80 quite frequently..(But thankfully they don't message me).. This is who is looking for us Christine.

I take care of residents in the nursing home younger than 70.. My own dad is 84, so anyone close to his age is out of the question. I don't care how good of health they think they are in. Age is age..

--hide--
Hi Donna, I have been a nurse for 33 years and I was nursing for about a year and a half and that is when I met my husband. He had been in a bad motorcycle accident broke his leg, shattered his patella and had some internal bleeding. He developed infection in the open fracture and was in the hospital for about 8 weeks and back in for two more surgeries and skin graft. It started as a dependent relationship and continued on that note. I think that was one of the reasons our relationship was a challenge. I never date patients!!! I learned my lesson. Eileen
Jan 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-761427 said: I guess I'm in the same boat. Looking for someone to talk with and find out more about him and go from ther...
(Quote) Mary-761427 said:

I guess I'm in the same boat. Looking for someone to talk with and find out more about him and go from there. Slow process for me. Several views of my profile, but no messages. Pity party for me. Ha, ha, ha!!!

--hide--
Hi Mary. You will have more activity once you post a picture. I'm not implying that how one looks is the only factor people consider, but there's just something about communicating with someone that you've never "seen" that's difficult. Anyway, are we all invited to the pity party?
Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Brad-937504 said: Hi Mary. You will have more activity once you post a picture. I'm not implying that how one looks is ...
(Quote) Brad-937504 said: Hi Mary. You will have more activity once you post a picture. I'm not implying that how one looks is the only factor people consider, but there's just something about communicating with someone that you've never "seen" that's difficult. Anyway, are we all invited to the pity party?
--hide--
You're too late on the advice, Brad. Mary has removed her profile. wink laughing laughing shhh

Jan 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: You're too late on the advice, Brad. Mary has removed her profile.
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

You're too late on the advice, Brad. Mary has removed her profile.

--hide--
Gee, Linda, I really don't think that's a very good strategy for increasing her messages.
Jan 24th 2013 new
lol!!!!!!!!!! yes, i agree, probably not the best strategy!
Jan 24th 2013 new
After reading all the posts on this thread, I guess my feeling is that if most men my age are only interested in young woman - GREAT! I don't feel that way, so that increases the likelihood that I will find the love of my life.
Jan 24th 2013 new
**swoon**
Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Brad-937504 said: After reading all the posts on this thread, I guess my feeling is that if most men my age are only intere...
(Quote) Brad-937504 said: After reading all the posts on this thread, I guess my feeling is that if most men my age are only interested in young woman - GREAT! I don't feel that way, so that increases the likelihood that I will find the love of my life.
--hide--
You gotta love a man with a plan. wink rose heart

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I might view your profile, especially if you are a Forum poster, but I'd be very ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I might view your profile, especially if you are a Forum poster, but I'd be very unlikely to contact you because in my experience it would be a waste of time, because most likely scenario if anything it would be a 'Thanks but no thanks'. There is a big difference between just viewing and actually making contact.

--hide--
Donna, I have also been contacted as well as viewed by more older than younger women. While there is a difference between viewing and contacting, my point is that the age range of the woman viewing or contacting still tends toward older. There have been some women on this thread who have complained about getting so much attention from older men. What I'm saying is that, in my experience, the same thing happens to me. Sooooo.... it seems that EVERYONE prefers younger from where I'm standing. Just pointing it out.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: Donna, I have also been contacted as well as viewed by more older than younger women. While ther...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

Donna, I have also been contacted as well as viewed by more older than younger women. While there is a difference between viewing and contacting, my point is that the age range of the woman viewing or contacting still tends toward older. There have been some women on this thread who have complained about getting so much attention from older men. What I'm saying is that, in my experience, the same thing happens to me. Sooooo.... it seems that EVERYONE prefers younger from where I'm standing. Just pointing it out.

--hide--

I prefer one or two years younger to 5-6 years older.. My age parameters are pretty tight..I have a hard time moving that top number up.

Posts 51 - 60 of 156