Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 24th 2013 new
Well we are here!

(Quote) Michele-897861 said: Additionally, I have reached out to many guys and have not received many replies. Any thoughts?
(Quote) Michele-897861 said: Additionally, I have reached out to many guys and have not received many replies. Any thoughts?
--hide--
Jan 24th 2013 new
What's a Plan? Sorry couldn't resist! Sorry. I think maybe we need to throw those plans out or at least find some plans that that point us to the right direction...

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: You gotta love a man with a plan.
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

You gotta love a man with a plan.

--hide--
Jan 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Brad-937504 said: After reading all the posts on this thread, I guess my feeling is that if most men my age are only interested in yo...
(Quote) Brad-937504 said: After reading all the posts on this thread, I guess my feeling is that if most men my age are only interested in young woman - GREAT! I don't feel that way, so that increases the likelihood that I will find the love of my life.
--hide--
Ratios and statistics!
Jan 24th 2013 new

I do not believe in setting any set age preferences. You should want to be with a very spiritual partner( along with common interests), and sharing this sprituality together. If that is with someone older, someone younger, or the same age, it should not matter. Being together on a wonderful spiritual path with God leading the way, is what we all should strive for. Age just should not matter.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: Joseph, sounds like you have a match dilemma. Some would see your facts as merely opini...
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

Joseph, sounds like you have a match dilemma. Some would see your facts as merely opinions.

You said, "Being with someone older and in declining health is like a mirror that we don't want to look into, and again, this is human nature."

With this thinking you don't want that older woman and the preferred younger woman might agree with your thinking, "Being with someone older and in declining health is like a mirror that we don't want to look into, and again, this is human nature."

Time for some Burl Ive's advice:

www.youtube.com

--hide--
Sandra, you seem to be confusing my observations about human nature as if they are were preferences. They are NOT. I have dated both older and younger women and as long as there is an attraction and other things in common then it's all good. Other posters, including women, have posted that they are in good shape and enjoy dancing and other physical activities and find a younger partner is better able to keep up with them. This is their opinion, and I won't argue with it. My original post concerns elements of human nature as to why it seems that EVERYONE in our age group is looking for someone younger since, I too, find more women who view/contact me are older and not younger.

After 50, overall health declines, especially in people who have lived an unhealthy lifestyle. Look at all the health screenings recommended by doctors at around 50. The differences in health and fitness become more stark as we age. When comparing a healthy candidate to an unhealthy one, most will trend towards the healthy person who often tends to be younger. This is human nature. For our age group, when faced with a potential partner who is older and in declining health, we see our own fate, as if in a mirror, and the majority of people will turn to someone younger and healthier to avoid having to deal with it. It's not pretty, but it is human nature and you and I are just as likely to react this way as the next person.

Jan 25th 2013 new

You tell them, Debbie. Way to go!! I like people who can say what they think!

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Ratios and statistics!
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Ratios and statistics!
--hide--

I must be mathematically inclined.

Jan 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Brad-937504 said: I must be mathematically inclined.
(Quote) Brad-937504 said:

I must be mathematically inclined.

--hide--
Mathematics was never my forte. English was my favorite subject and we had a great music teacher. He had a talent show and enjoyed Rogers and Hammerstein. My sisters and I had a spotlight with My Favorite Things and my little sis a solo. It was great fun.
Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: Sandra, you seem to be confusing my observations about human nature as if they are were preferen...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

Sandra, you seem to be confusing my observations about human nature as if they are were preferences. They are NOT. I have dated both older and younger women and as long as there is an attraction and other things in common then it's all good. Other posters, including women, have posted that they are in good shape and enjoy dancing and other physical activities and find a younger partner is better able to keep up with them. This is their opinion, and I won't argue with it. My original post concerns elements of human nature as to why it seems that EVERYONE in our age group is looking for someone younger since, I too, find more women who view/contact me are older and not younger.

After 50, overall health declines, especially in people who have lived an unhealthy lifestyle. Look at all the health screenings recommended by doctors at around 50. The differences in health and fitness become more stark as we age. When comparing a healthy candidate to an unhealthy one, most will trend towards the healthy person who often tends to be younger. This is human nature. For our age group, when faced with a potential partner who is older and in declining health, we see our own fate, as if in a mirror, and the majority of people will turn to someone younger and healthier to avoid having to deal with it. It's not pretty, but it is human nature and you and I are just as likely to react this way as the next person.

--hide--

But to make an assumption that just because someone is under 50 they will be healthy is mistaken.. A person can get any disease at any age.. My DIL's father died when he was 35 of a heart attack.. She was 9 when she lost her dad.. Cancer, Asthma, you name it. Even Alzheimers can have an early onset.. Basing choice of a spouse on their health is iffy at best because healthy lifestyle doesn't take into account family history..Do you refuse to talk to someone whose father died young of a heart attack? Just wondering where it ends? I'm 60 and take no medication whatsoever.. I had thyroid removal at 22 and gall bladder in 1995..The only two times I've been under the knife. But that could change tomorrow just as it could for you. Older age does not equate to bad health.

Jan 25th 2013 new

I think early-onset Alzheimer's may explain my problem. biggrin

Posts 61 - 70 of 156