Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Brad-937504 said: I think early-onset Alzheimer's may explain my problem.
(Quote) Brad-937504 said:

I think early-onset Alzheimer's may explain my problem.

--hide--
This is what you're blaming your "problems" on?? laughing laughing wink

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: But to make an assumption that just because someone is under 50 they will be healthy ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

But to make an assumption that just because someone is under 50 they will be healthy is mistaken.. A person can get any disease at any age.. My DIL's father died when he was 35 of a heart attack.. She was 9 when she lost her dad.. Cancer, Asthma, you name it. Even Alzheimers can have an early onset.. Basing choice of a spouse on their health is iffy at best because healthy lifestyle doesn't take into account family history..Do you refuse to talk to someone whose father died young of a heart attack? Just wondering where it ends? I'm 60 and take no medication whatsoever.. I had thyroid removal at 22 and gall bladder in 1995..The only two times I've been under the knife. But that could change tomorrow just as it could for you. Older age does not equate to bad health.

--hide--
Donna, first of all, glad to hear that you're not on any medications at 60! You must be health conscious or blessed with great genes since many in our age group are not so lucky. You have mixed a number of issues here that are not relevant to my post. I am not making assumptions about people under 50, or refusing to talk to someone whose father died......, nor will I address any of that here. Please allow me to restate what I have expressed so far.

My original post was in response to posts from some women who have complained about all the attention they have received from older men. I too, however, have received more attention from older women than from younger, so it seems to me that many - both men and women - are trending towards someone younger in our age group. I have pointed out some (sometimes selfish) elements of human nature that might explain why, such as wanting to feel younger by being with someone younger, or wanting someone fit and healthy who can keep up with them and this sometimes means a tendency towards younger partners. I'm not justifying it, I'm just pointing it out!! I also included statistics from my own profile search which clearly indicate that, within my age group, a greater number of younger potential candidates than older. Perhaps these observations may help others understand why they may be getting more views/contacts from older members.

Jan 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: This is what you're blaming your "problems" on??
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

This is what you're blaming your "problems" on??

--hide--
Well, gee, it's got to be something. Come to think of it, what if I've already met that special someone but, because of Alzheimer's, I just can't remember her?
Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: Donna, first of all, glad to hear that you're not on any medications at 60! You must be heal...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

Donna, first of all, glad to hear that you're not on any medications at 60! You must be health conscious or blessed with great genes since many in our age group are not so lucky. You have mixed a number of issues here that are not relevant to my post. I am not making assumptions about people under 50, or refusing to talk to someone whose father died......, nor will I address any of that here. Please allow me to restate what I have expressed so far.

My original post was in response to posts from some women who have complained about all the attention they have received from older men. I too, however, have received more attention from older women than from younger, so it seems to me that many - both men and women - are trending towards someone younger in our age group. I have pointed out some (sometimes selfish) elements of human nature that might explain why, such as wanting to feel younger by being with someone younger, or wanting someone fit and healthy who can keep up with them and this sometimes means a tendency towards younger partners. I'm not justifying it, I'm just pointing it out!! I also included statistics from my own profile search which clearly indicate that, within my age group, a greater number of younger potential candidates than older. Perhaps these observations may help others understand why they may be getting more views/contacts from older members.

--hide--

It's great genes.. My maternal grandparents lived into their 90's still independently in their own homes..My mother passed away from cancer at 66, but had been a smoker until her early 50's.. She also had fear of going to the doctor and waited too long so her cancer was metastisized. My father is living independently at age 84.. His two older siblings passed away in 2011 at ages 87 and 85, respectively.. he had two younger, that passed away younger, but they had a different mother and her family didn't have the longevity my dad's paternal side did.. Most people don't guess my father to be 84 nor me to be 60.. I don't let them get close enough to see the crows feet.. laughing

Jan 25th 2013 new

This might not be the proper place to vent or maybe start a new thread. wink

Let me begin with two inspiring story as we human share the same bond as the animal world heart (i.e. love, etc). wink 1. Hawkeye lying faitfully at his master casket, NAVY SEAL, Jon Tumilson 2. Tommy homelss dog adopted by Maria Margherita Lochi continues to come to the church services.

There are countless stories of men and women as well as animals who accept their partner regarless of their physical attributes and found the treasure of Heaven. I don't think any of us really look but can say it fell in our lap and we took it as a grain of salt but grew in heart (i.e. love) as opportunities only come once and like lightning it is gone.

Since, being on this site and this is my opinion only, truly have we become blind to the good things that we are so picky and selfish to meet and greet new friends, regardless if they are not a match as a partner, but the possibility of opening up new challenge in our world. God has created and given us so many beautiful gifts that we are picky choosers, thus who loses (us?).

What is the meaning of God saying be fruitful and mulitply, and we say my vocation is to be single (?), or God's will (or is it?) or Mary "Let it be done."

I maybe wrong or this is my two cents b/c i am so confused but gain so much insight. smile biggrin rose theheart You get a Gold Star! to each and everyone you have made a difference in virtue.

p.s. if everyone is married we would not have this site to gain and share wisdom and experience :wink:

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-921452 said: I'd call you in a heartbeat except for the long distance thing.
(Quote) Steve-921452 said:

I'd call you in a heartbeat except for the long distance thing.

--hide--

LOL, awesome response! Amen! LOL.

:')

NC Jim

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Brad-937504 said: Well, gee, it's got to be something. Come to think of it, what if I've already met that special s...
(Quote) Brad-937504 said: Well, gee, it's got to be something. Come to think of it, what if I've already met that special someone but, because of Alzheimer's, I just can't remember her?
--hide--

Funny guy! laughing

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-584463 said: Hi Michele, They want the younger women. A priest where I am from here in Ontario actual...
(Quote) Debbie-584463 said:

Hi Michele, They want the younger women.

A priest where I am from here in Ontario actually told me this. He said " if you truly want to be married, men just prefer younger women and you should (I was 48 at that time) look for someone 58 and older".

Although personally I believe it equals selfishness, vanity and shallowness. It appears this is the norm with "men".

I believe that if you truly want real love age shouldn't matter either way.

If you want a younger attractive woman that is exactly what you will reap.

Best wishes in your search.

Peace and Blessings to you.

Debbie

--hide--

Hi Debbie,

He just plain told you wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. That is making a caricature of men.

A lot of guys have the wit to want a girl who can be a good spouse, companion, playmate, etc. and this calls for having a lot in common, including age. Every good man wants and holds out for a "prize" but this is not the same as a "trophy".

The guy for you will be the guy who thinks like you do on this subject. Without actually having to think about it.

:')

NC Jim

Jan 25th 2013 new

wow so much here but i'll be brieftongue ...I have been pursued by older men yes but younger as well. cool I think there are varying reasons for this. When I was married to my wonderful husband (God rest his soul) he was younger than me. He was mature and pursued me.
I kept refusing him and he kept pressing. He said "I like older women they are more mature and know what they want!"
So, long story short, it worked out for us. God will bring the "right one" into your life at the right time...His time.
I know but I have to keep telling myself this as well.... Praying jane

Jan 25th 2013 new

I know I have a lot to offer, but I doubt most men would take the time to find out. I am a new nurse and will be working into my 70's - haha. I am sure I will meet a couple of these guys my own age soon, but they will be in too bad a shape for me to be anything other than their nurse ;)

Sandra - congrats on your new career - way to go girl! However, I'm 60 and know many of my late husband's friends who are in their 70's - they are anything but sick and frail. Quite a few are more fun and charming than men half their age. I wouldn't sell that age group short. By the way, although my husband died at 70, his death was due to an un-diagnosed condition that could have happened to anyone at any age. Believe me, he was full of life and vigor and the greatest gentleman I've ever known. If there is another one out there with the quality of life and the qualities of life that he had - I'm looking for him and hope to find him.

Best to you in your search for a full and happy life.

Posts 71 - 80 of 156