Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 25th 2013 new

OOPS! My alzheimer's is showing. I was replying to Christine's post - don't know where I got Sandra!!??!!

Jan 25th 2013 new

Thanks for your good wishes Beverly - and yes, I would go for a 70 year old - 78 - that's pushing it haha - I went out with a 67 year old and he was way too stodgy - yes, it's about the individual. But, I still think over 70 has less of a chance to have things in common with me. God bless us one and all :)

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Rick-801938 said: I do not believe in setting any set age preferences. You should want to be with a very spiritual p...
(Quote) Rick-801938 said:

I do not believe in setting any set age preferences. You should want to be with a very spiritual partner( along with common interests), and sharing this sprituality together. If that is with someone older, someone younger, or the same age, it should not matter. Being together on a wonderful spiritual path with God leading the way, is what we all should strive for. Age just should not matter.

--hide--

Well said, Rick. Welcome to the fora.

- Elizabeth

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: It's great genes.. My maternal grandparents lived into their 90's still indep...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

It's great genes.. My maternal grandparents lived into their 90's still independently in their own homes..My mother passed away from cancer at 66, but had been a smoker until her early 50's.. She also had fear of going to the doctor and waited too long so her cancer was metastisized. My father is living independently at age 84.. His two older siblings passed away in 2011 at ages 87 and 85, respectively.. he had two younger, that passed away younger, but they had a different mother and her family didn't have the longevity my dad's paternal side did.. Most people don't guess my father to be 84 nor me to be 60.. I don't let them get close enough to see the crows feet..

--hide--
Thanks for sharing this Donna. My mother was also a smoker and died of a brain hemmorage at 55. She didn't care for doctors either. My strategy is no junk food, a little wine, and working up a big sweat several times a week!

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: After 50, overall health declines, especially in people who have lived an unhealthy lifestyle. L...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

After 50, overall health declines, especially in people who have lived an unhealthy lifestyle. Look at all the health screenings recommended by doctors at around 50. The differences in health and fitness become more stark as we age. When comparing a healthy candidate to an unhealthy one, most will trend towards the healthy person who often tends to be younger. This is human nature. For our age group, when faced with a potential partner who is older and in declining health, we see our own fate, as if in a mirror, and the majority of people will turn to someone younger and healthier to avoid having to deal with it. It's not pretty, but it is human nature and you and I are just as likely to react this way as the next person.

--hide--

I agree with you about health over 50 when you look at the stats of people here in the US; most live an unhealthy lifestyle. I can say for sure that I am healthier this year than I was last year because I have a healthier diet and am associating with people that live a healthier lifestyle. I know some people that will not go to a traditional doctor and will not take prescription drugs because traditional medicine doesn't treat the cause of the problem and is usually a quick fix that might lead to more health problems. I agree that we all like to be with someone healthy but most people can be healthy and active even in their 80's!

Jan 27th 2013 new

Food for thought:

Have you ever met someone in your daily life that you may not have thought attractive that just by conversation and getting to know them became more attractive because of who they are on the inside? Maybe an overweight individual just needs a reason to exercise? Maybe an introvert want to be a little more extroverted but someone who will give them the opportunity could be a God send? Have you ever thought that not all people are photogenic? (I feel that way). Could you be patient enough to teach someone who might have an interest in something that you truly enjoy? Are you willing to "give in" to the opposites likes as well?

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Michele-897861 said: Would love to know what nice Catholic men are looking for out there. Would love to read some po...
(Quote) Michele-897861 said:

Would love to know what nice Catholic men are looking for out there. Would love to read some positive online dating stories and what attracted you to one another online, etc.

Thanks!

--hide--
There are lots of great success stories from this site. God does work in mysterious ways. As far as hearing them... well those folks probably aren't here to tell you anymore. There are men, lots of men, here, in the world, and it has been my experience that lots of energy has to be used to contact them. I have talked to alot fo men from here. I just havent' found the person. Sometimes it was them, sometimes it was me but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out YET! It will! I have confidence.! As far as positives are concerned... Well it is a great place to get your "sea legs" sturdy again, in this dating idea. It gives you lots of opportunity to practice your flirting skills if you are comfortable with that. It gives you a chance to learn about alot of things that avarious men and women on the site are interested in. The site has some wonderful people who you can embrace as friends and lets face it having more good Cathoic friends never hurts. So get out there! Send lots of emotes! Dont worry about the stats! God is the God of impossibilities and He knows you best!

Jan 27th 2013 new

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your post. I agree totally which is what I have been trying to point out. Is the priest wrong?? I honestly don't know I can only go by my experience and talking with other women.

I totally trust God with this mate issue, if He wants to give me a partner He will and can. In the meantime I just live my life accordingly. I do feel however that our "world" today has become extremely obsessed with physical apprearance, money, success, age, occupation, etc....

If you choose to limit God, then you may be waiting for a very, very long time for a suitable compatable partner. Incidentally, I will just let you know, that I just got yet another email from another Catholic site i was on he is 74................... faint

Cheers, Debbie

Jan 27th 2013 new

You got it Donna!!!!

Jan 27th 2013 new

Hi Susan, Thanks for your message, FYI I had two men private message me telling me I was absolutely right.!!!

Women Rock!! scratchchin Debbie

Posts 81 - 90 of 156