Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Parents, be mindful that as important as financially supporting a family is, it is most important as a physical mediator for your child’s emotional life, to take time to remind them you love them. Respect your own parents concern, whether genuinely about the emotional well-being or your financial well- being, which are increased through God. Great direction is needed for each child’s financial life. Namely, that your child sustains the ability to maintain their own financial life. Therefore, trust very well that it will be the same for your child reflecting your own life.

Obviously, we all want better for our own children. Therefore, allow yourself the opportunity, the privilege, to be immersed in your own child’s stories. Don’t listen to respond, listen to listen. By doing so, you will encourage your child’s emotional life, thereby, intimately manufacturing positive outlooks as one. As well as, teaching and learning, giving and taking, from your own mistakes. When your child becomes an adult, they will feel self-confident and the foundation for your emotional life will have been lay and built upon.

The Holy Spirit is your greatest weapon. In regards to your children the Holy Spirit will guide them with or without your consent. In order for you to better understand the Spirit, it is important to pray with your child. Furthermore, it is important for you to know how to pray. Specifically, in this case, out loud together. Softly, singing, or crying, pray the prayer that Jesus gave to us, together. By establishing such an intimate relationship with your own child(the earlier the better), you will thereby be given access to that child’s spiritual life. Be mindful of your own faults, your own failures, as well as your gifts and successes, remember we are not perfect, forgive and show mercy. And always pray, the Lord’s will be done. God bless.

Jan 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Blake-835048 said: Parents, be mindful that as important as financially supporting a family is, it is most important as a physical...
(Quote) Blake-835048 said:

Parents, be mindful that as important as financially supporting a family is, it is most important as a physical mediator for your child’s emotional life, to take time to remind them you love them. Respect your own parents concern, whether genuinely about the emotional well-being or your financial well- being, which are increased through God. Great direction is needed for each child’s financial life. Namely, that your child sustains the ability to maintain their own financial life. Therefore, trust very well that it will be the same for your child reflecting your own life.

Obviously, we all want better for our own children. Therefore, allow yourself the opportunity, the privilege, to be immersed in your own child’s stories. Don’t listen to respond, listen to listen. By doing so, you will encourage your child’s emotional life, thereby, intimately manufacturing positive outlooks as one. As well as, teaching and learning, giving and taking, from your own mistakes. When your child becomes an adult, they will feel self-confident and the foundation for your emotional life will have been lay and built upon.

The Holy Spirit is your greatest weapon. In regards to your children the Holy Spirit will guide them with or without your consent. In order for you to better understand the Spirit, it is important to pray with your child. Furthermore, it is important for you to know how to pray. Specifically, in this case, out loud together. Softly, singing, or crying, pray the prayer that Jesus gave to us, together. By establishing such an intimate relationship with your own child(the earlier the better), you will thereby be given access to that child’s spiritual life. Be mindful of your own faults, your own failures, as well as your gifts and successes, remember we are not perfect, forgive and show mercy. And always pray, the Lord’s will be done. God bless.

--hide--

Blake you are very wise for your age....thank you for your post....I hope you remember this when you start your family
Jan 19th 2013 new

Blake, you've made me think about a couple of things. Especially the part about listening just to listen and not just listening in order to respond, I have a hard time with that because I like to 'fix' everything, but sometimes they do need to just talk and then they can figure things out with guidance when needed.

I hope you were raised in this manner that you have described. However, I realize that wisdom sometimes comes from suffering and that people often give quite insightful information when they have gone through big trials. God bless you and your future family :)

Jan 19th 2013 new

Telling your child often that you love them must be a cultural thing. I grew up in Russia, and my parents never told me they loved me, even though I knew they did. It just wasn't expressed verbally. I don't remember ever hearing any of my childhood friends' parents telling them they loved them either.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Hi Lisa,

I am very pleased to know that people are concerned and appreciate one another's efforts.

1 John 3:18 I use this scripture as an example of your own parents love for you. I grew up with 2 dads and 2 moms.(Split family) My mom expressed the love in each way. Through word and deed. The catch is not to express love in word and then not in deed. The way she expressed it in deed was not with 10 designer shirts(we were poor) and not with cool lingo all the kids were using, but by sitting and listening and making a point to guide me to Jesus when she could tell I was having a rough go of life.

My stepfather never told me he loved me, and I can to this day remember the first time he said it, REALLY said it. I was walking out of the door and he said it just before I walked out. I stopped, and I started to cry. I never told him that I cried but I can say how powerful it was, for me, to have him tell me he loved me. Its like John 3:16...we know that God loves us, but He tells us anyway :)

have an awesome day

God bless you LISA!

Posts 1 - 5 of 5