Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Mar 6th 2013 new

THank you Loretta,

My birthday was March 4th, and it just made me wonder again about meeting someone. If it will happen? Maybe I was just meant not to have anyone fall in love with me.

later,

Ben

Mar 6th 2013 new

Hi Ben.

I don't know how I enede up in this Forum, but it may be that I know how you feel, 'cause I'vee been in your shoes.

Is Ben short for Benjamin? If so, then start getting readiy for your Patron Saint Benjamin's day this next 31! If not, look up your patron saint, and celebrate it as people do in Latin America. There's something exciting to look forwards to. As King Solomon and others have said: This, too, shall pass.

Praying

Mari

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-920613 said: Well I am not divorced yet but on the last leg of the divorce. My marriage has been over for a yea...
(Quote) Mary-920613 said:

Well I am not divorced yet but on the last leg of the divorce. My marriage has been over for a year or more and I tried so hard to keep it together but it didn't work. The marriage is dead and gone it is just a formallity now. So if someone came into the picture what would be wrong with nuturing a relationship. A relationship would begin with a friendship that would hopefully evovle into more down the road by that time I would be divorced. It is not like the marriage is in existance anyhow. Also the person you are building a relationship is not building one with someone that is in a married relationship so they are not breaking up any ones marriage or tearing apart someones family.

--hide--

Mary, I have been involved in divorce ministry for a very long time & one of the very first pieces of advice I heard was that one shouldn't even think about dating until at least 2 years after the end of the relationship. Now you can make variations on the 2 years, but it all has to do with how much healing work you have done/are doing and with the sense of closure. I have seen potential relationships end because they went in too early. I have also heard priests advise that if you begin a potential relationship before the divorce is final, it is similar to committing adultery. Think about the time it takes for an annulment to come through as well. You are on thin ice if you begin nurturing a friendship at this time that you might want to develop further. If there is some pastoral support where you live, please talk to someone. Catholic Divorce Ministry might provide some support as well--find them on line (also known as NACSDC). Have you been attending a support group or a healing group such as Divorce & Beyond, DivorceCare, etc.? By the way, Divorce Care offers a daily thought/meditation on line for divorced individuals. Check it out!

Mar 8th 2013 new

Ben, you are young & have many years and opportunities ahead of you.

Here's a prayer to the Archangel Raphael you might like:

Archangel Raphael who stands before the throne of God, always ready to present our petitions, be my recourse as I come to you because of your faithful service to Tobias as he pursued a wife that would be holy and suitable as his life partner. I ask you to be my guide in finding the best person to travel along with me on this life's journey. Help me find someone who will share my faith and hopes, a love who will claim all the affection of my heart. Find for me a partner who will welcome children into our life with open arms and one who will join with me in serving our Creator all the days of our life. Amen.

Posts 11 - 14 of 14