Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Random practical thing...

Jan 13th 2013 new

Ok, I just sat in a parking lot with a flat tire and nobody even asked if anything was wrong, just kept walking. (The worst one was the guy waving at my son then saw the flat tire and put his head down and kept going.) So, I must highly endorse having one of those flat repair kits in your car. My dad & brother had just gotten me this one that plugs into the "cigarette lighter" of the car and puts the slime in too, my mum had put it with us this morning so actually without too much hassle we were able to get the tire reinflated and sealed and drive home. I'm heading back to graduate school so I'll be an hour away from my dad & brother, that's why they gave me this kit. Just a reminder if you don't have an auto emergency kit in your car, it might be a good time to add one.

Jan 13th 2013 new

Here's a car emergency kit checklist:

www.co.carver.mn.us

vulcan

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Ok, I just sat in a parking lot with a flat tire and nobody even asked if anything was wrong,...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

Ok, I just sat in a parking lot with a flat tire and nobody even asked if anything was wrong, just kept walking. (The worst one was the guy waving at my son then saw the flat tire and put his head down and kept going.) So, I must highly endorse having one of those flat repair kits in your car. My dad & brother had just gotten me this one that plugs into the "cigarette lighter" of the car and puts the slime in too, my mum had put it with us this morning so actually without too much hassle we were able to get the tire reinflated and sealed and drive home. I'm heading back to graduate school so I'll be an hour away from my dad & brother, that's why they gave me this kit. Just a reminder if you don't have an auto emergency kit in your car, it might be a good time to add one.

--hide--

Good advice and shame on these people. However, once I had a guy stop to help me in a gas station and his wife got very mad at him and began to yell at him and give me the evil eye. It was quite odd as it was not as if I was trying to pick up her husband with my two kids in the car and all of us dressed for Church. People can be very funny and lack empathy at times. In some ways it is not completely their fault as the media is constantly gearing people up to mistrust each other and delve further into narcissistic inclinations. Without proper formation of conscience it is easy to fall into that trap.

On a practical note. Where can we buy these?

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Ok, I just sat in a parking lot with a flat tire and nobody even asked if anything was wrong,...

--hide--

Hi Katherine! wave I've used one of those too - they do a good job when they're needed! Shame on those men that walked on by you. sad That's another reason we really appreciate the true gentlemen that come into our lives. knight-errant My Dad bought me one years ago - I thought it was just funny at the time - until I needed it. I think every man ought to get his wife, mother, sister, nieces etc one of those kits if they have a car - or at least suggest the ladies get one themselves.

Jan 13th 2013 new
Ill buy the kits, but would rather come and change the tire. Real men change tires ( and diapers). Lol
Jan 13th 2013 new
Hi Katherine, I'm so sorry that happened to you, it's awful to be stranded and not have someone lend a helping hand. I don't know if you have ever considered getting signed up with Triple A or a similar service? That has seriously saved my life on more than one occasion! AAA and a cell phone...I never leave home without it!
Jan 13th 2013 new

I agree with Erin. AAA has helped me with tire and battery emergencies in this past year.

(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Hi Katherine, I'm so sorry that happened to you, it's awful to be stranded and not have someone l...
(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Hi Katherine, I'm so sorry that happened to you, it's awful to be stranded and not have someone lend a helping hand. I don't know if you have ever considered getting signed up with Triple A or a similar service? That has seriously saved my life on more than one occasion! AAA and a cell phone...I never leave home without it!
--hide--

Jan 16th 2013 new

I just got used to having my dad and brother around to do this for me!

I guess I was just kind of shocked that nobody stopped, I got used to everyone looking out for each other in my tiny town. I will say the thing about deep East Texas small town I do really like is that there usually are people who will stop and help or find help. I felt terrible the one day a gentleman who had to be somewhere around 65 years old stopped while I was messing with the fusebox in my old van and insisted I stop that and let him do it, then the gentleman from the service station across the street said his boss sent him over because it wasn't right that a lady and an "old coot" were trying to fix a stalled car. (It's okay, it turned out the gentlemen knew each other from their congregation, so the "old coot" comment was some kind of inside joke.)

Jan 16th 2013 new

isn't it something that it was an older gentleman stopped.. i have a lot of respect for them. yesterday i went grocery shopping, about ten miles from the house, bought groceries, and then could not start the car. so went into giant ,used their phone to call AAA ,she said a tow truck would be arriving soon, and what garage did you want to tow it to as i had a 100 mile free towing area. pleasantly surprised i could tow it to a garage i had used before , and then somewhat closer to home. the owner provided transportation home. his garage is AAA recommended. if you are truly stranded, AAA is a much welcomed gaurantee!

Jan 16th 2013 new

--hide--
Katherine, those East Texas gents should be nicer than that I would think. Btw, did they film any of "Bernie" there. It looked like they did. Loved that movie too. Jack Black did a heck of a job IMHO. (I would have helped you though)

Posts 1 - 10 of 13