Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 13th 2013 new

AMEN !

Jan 13th 2013 new

I don't know what the big deal is. What I read him say was in response to being asked about Chinese corruption. He said basically every country has corruption but the US is the worst pointing to the financial crisis that caused problems for the whole world. I don't know if he is right about the US. being the most corrupt country in the world but he has right to his opinion and I here Americans attack China so why can't they bash the US. We are hardly above criticism. They kill babies but so do we. I don't like the Chinses government but then again I don't like ours.

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: We have a dictator in the making as president; a country full of people too stupid, too s...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

We have a dictator in the making as president; a country full of people too stupid, too self-absorbed, or both to recognize this even after watching the warm-up for 4 years, and a large number of politicians with no apparent ethical or moral spine.

The snowball is rollong downhill and it's gaining momentum - and size - very quickly. I will get increasingly difficult to dodge out of its way.

--hide--
Thanks, Jerry. After the election, I went into a slump for fear our nation will become another China (no pun intended). However, there is always prayer and preparedness. Praying United States Flag Praying

Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Even though I enjoy Jackie Chan and his movies, I think it is terrible that he cr...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Even though I enjoy Jackie Chan and his movies, I think it is terrible that he critizes the US in public.

America is far from the most corrupt countries in the world.

As a matter of fact, compared to his native China, which is Communist, Chan should be expressing
the good of America and its freedoms. The internet in China is all controlled. Chinese are
controlled. If that is his preference, so be it. He could have learned a lot from American freedom.

--hide--
Marianne, I believe China is far more corrupt than we are, but still our Congress answers first to lobbies- banks, labor unions, oil companies, the many components of our military-industrial complex, AIPAC, the NRA, etc. If they go along with legal bribes, they are often rewarded with high paying jobs if not becoming lobbyists themselves. Lobbies donate money, their "constituents" merely votes. We have the best Congress money can buy.

Jan 14th 2013 new

With all of our serious problems (in the U.S.), we don't have to build fences to keep people from escaping and we don't have to have filters to keep the Internet out of the country.... Can't say that for China (and many other countries). It seems to me that says a lot about the two countries.

Just my thoughts.

Ed

Jan 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: This is the second time I've heard of foreigners coming to our country making millions throug...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

This is the second time I've heard of foreigners coming to our country making millions through music or movies, going back to their country and bashing the US. Jackie Chan just recently announced in his native country (China) that the US is the most corrupt country in the world. With the current state of our country I know we need to work on some major issues. However, who does he think he is? Talk about calling the kettle black!
Your thoughts on this annoying subject...

--hide--

Isn't funny how folks like Jackie Chan don't gripe while they are riding the taxi for free?

Jan 15th 2013 new

I watched a documentary about counterfeiting a couple of days ago on CBC. It said that three quarters of the counterfeit products in the world are coming from China. Some entire towns in China are dedicated to just making counterfeit products. It talked about people dieing because of counterfeit prescription drugs sold over the internet. So Jackie Chan doesn't have much to brag about. There should be tariffs put on Chinese products. Globalization and so called "free trade" are no good at all.

Jan 15th 2013 new
Having lived in a bastion of corruption for most of my life and having traveled the world we're no different (not worse) than other places.....we're just free to talk about it and expose it.
Jan 16th 2013 new

Oh, who needs girlie men like Jackie Chan when Arnie's back? Stick around, Governator.

Jan 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Roystan-340472 said: Oh, who needs girlie men like Jackie Chan when Arnie's back? Stick around, Governator. ...
(Quote) Roystan-340472 said:

Oh, who needs girlie men like Jackie Chan when Arnie's back? Stick around, Governator.

--hide--

You're so funny laughing

Posts 11 - 20 of 24