Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: religion.blogs.cnn.com ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

religion.blogs.cnn.com

--hide--

Memo to Piers Morgan. The enemy from within and you're powerless to stop them laughing shhh

Jan 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: religion.blogs.cnn.com ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

religion.blogs.cnn.com

--hide--
Fundamentalist religious cultures traditionally have more babies than mainstream religious and secular populations. The Great Britain and France of 2050 will be vastly different than they are today. The radical Ultra-Orthodox Haredim in Israel have an average of eight children to the mainstream conservative and reform population's two or three. This trend does not bode well for the futures of these countries and numerous others. With some European young people today, heritage is a dirty word akin to racism resulting in an incremental increase in cross cultural marriage, with Islam triumphing over Christianity.

Eurabia.

Jan 15th 2013 new

Peter,

You wrote that .... "This trend does not bode well for the futures of these countries and numerous others."

I agree. I think that one of the "numerous others" may well include the U.S. These European countries that you cite are currently our strong allies. Will they still be our allies by the year 2050? With the fundamental and dramatic changes in the make-up and religious beliefs of their populations, I think that it is quite possible that in 37 short years we (U.S.) may have quite a different (and more antagonistic) relationship with these current allies.... I hope that will not happen, but it seems quite likely to me. scratchchin

Just my thoughts.

Ed

Posts 1 - 4 of 4