Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.
Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Ed, But, remember that here in CA, age 35 is well, young!
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said:

Ed,

But, remember that here in CA, age 35 is well, young!

--hide--

This explains why I still get carded when buying wine in a grocery store! wink

I didn't realize that a certain age is young in some states and older in others...?

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: As long as you are ok with dating liberal men (who may of course be Catholic), then you may...

As long as you are ok with dating liberal men (who may of course be Catholic), then you may like it there.
--hide--

I don't think I can date a liberal, even though I don't follow politics very closely. I suppose disagreeing on fiscal matters is one thing but disagreeing on things like abortion, homosexuality, etc., is another. Aren't most Catholics who take their religion seriuosly conservative anyway?

I never even thought about considering the availability of "dateable" men as one of the criteria for choosing a place to live. I look at climate, recreational activities in the area, the size of the city and availability of reverent churches. I've never been in a situation where I also have to consider the extent of immorality in the area, but with San Fran, that's another thing added to the list. But conservative men? Not really an issue. wink

Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: I don't think I can date a liberal, even though I don't follow politics very closely. I s...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

I don't think I can date a liberal, even though I don't follow politics very closely. I suppose disagreeing on fiscal matters is one thing but disagreeing on things like abortion, homosexuality, etc., is another. Aren't most Catholics who take their religion seriuosly conservative anyway?

I never even thought about considering the availability of "dateable" men as one of the criteria for choosing a place to live. I look at climate, recreational activities in the area, the size of the city and availability of reverent churches. I've never been in a situation where I also have to consider the extent of immorality in the area, but with San Fran, that's another thing added to the list. But conservative men? Not really an issue.

--hide--

Some of us here are just trying to not let you walk into a giant hole that you won't like (at least it looks like that is what could happen).

Sorry, I misread that Ed's post was actually directed at someone else, not you, Lisa.

There are actually many Catholics who are politically liberal (especially in CA), that is, registered Democrats. Whether fiscally or socially liberal, either is considered politically liberal by conservatives. Catholics and Mormans, in particular, are socially conservative.

As long as you don't have any plans to date in the bay area, then you might like it. Except that what if all of your gal pals and colleagues are ultra-liberal too, will you mind being so out-numbered? Personally, I would spend not just a couple of weeks there first, but an entire summer first, if as you say, you are conservative.

I would direct my own nieces and nephews (all of whom are younger than you) in the same direction, but I'm not saying that they would listen.

Good luck!
Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: "Aren't most Catholics who take their religion seriuosly conservative anyway?"
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

"Aren't most Catholics who take their religion seriuosly conservative anyway?"

--hide--

I am not sure that labels define faith or authenticity. The pharisees were a conservative lot, too. However, my intention here was to disseminate information on the practices of faith and living in San Fran and the environs. Anything other info here is simply tangential. Peace!

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Karis, You did not mention in your post that you have also been such an ardent supporter o...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Karis,

You did not mention in your post that you have also been such an ardent supporter of Obama (in the forums) and most of his socially very liberal policies leading up to the elections. It is no wonder that you would find San Francisco to be such a great place to live, but perhaps that would be useful information for Lisa as she evaluates whether or not she would be well-suited to live in SF. You really didn't reveal your bias in your post, which could be useful to understanding your comments.... Of course, you are certainly entitled to your own views and opinions, but would it not also be appropriate to convey such when trying to help someone (whom is apparently much more conservative) in making a decision to live in the area?

Just my thoughts.

Ed

--hide--

Poor Ed! Unless I am mistaken, Lisa did not ask about Obama. True, that is Obama political territory. Last time I checked, Obama was POTUS. It is a settled matter. And yes, I was and still are Obama's supporter. No apolgies here. I sense a bait here, or some not too smart a set up. Have I bitten yet?

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: As long as you don't have any plans to date in the bay area, then you might like it. Ex...

As long as you don't have any plans to date in the bay area, then you might like it. Except that what if all of your gal pals and colleagues are ultra-liberal too, will you mind being so out-numbered? Personally, I would spend not just a couple of weeks there first, but an entire summer first, if as you say, you are conservative.

I would direct my own nieces and nephews (all of whom are younger than you) in the same direction, but I'm not saying that they would listen.

Good luck!
--hide--

I wish I could go for the summer, but that's not an option since I can't just take off from my job for the entire summer. I'll have to make a decision with the time I have. I'm not terribly worried about people who are registered democrats, support Obama and otherwise have liberal political beliefs. In my experience, this is the case here too, so I'm used to it. Most of my office is liberal. Do I wish more people around me were conservative? Sure, but it's not a deal breaker. My two best friends that I've known for almost 20 years are also liberal and one even campaigned for Obama. We still enjoy each other's company and can handle a heated debate about politics too, but it never alters our friendship.

Dating is a different story, and I can't imagine dating a liberal, but while I'm open to dating, it's not high on my list of priorities. If I happen to meet someone, great. If not, that's fine too.

What I'm really looking for is to make sure that when I walk down the street or go to the grocery store, I don't have to see stuff like gay people walking hand in hand or kissing, posters promoting homosexuality, or for that matter any other "visuals" depicting immorality, such as provocative pictures of women with barely anything on, like you see in Vegas. Other than that, what people put on their voting ballot is none of my business.

Jan 24th 2013 new

Karis,

That was not a bait at all. I just don't want you to mislead people by your comments..... Truth in advertising.. Karis. I'm sure that anyone that is interested in seeing your comments prior to the election can certainly click on your comment history (the number indicating your total number of CM responses). For that matter, anyone could click on mine too.

Ed

Jan 26th 2013 new

Hang in there, Ed! It is obvious to most of us that Obama may be POTUS, but his agenda of gay marriage, abortion, gun control, and his abuse of "executive authority" could only be supported by people of similar agendas or reverse-racism. I hope Karis forgives me for also mentioning that her comment regarding the hatred in Arizona shocked me. Having lived in Tucson for over 45 years, I have no idea what she is even referring to, but can only surmise that she has been subjected to a very tilted version of this state by the liberal media's misrepresentation of all things traditional or conservative.

Jan 28th 2013 new

The National Shrine of St. Francis is a solid church. Good priest.

Jan 29th 2013 new

Can any of us be happy under the next four years of the current administration?

Of course? I'm sure there are plenty of like minded Catholics in the Bay Area and as you said, its quite beautiful. California is quite beautiful in general and also quite liberal. People have always been very respectful of my beliefs so I haven't had any problems. And it sure seems like there are a lot of faitful Catholics in California on this site.

Posts 51 - 60 of 61