Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Bob-59786 said: (Quote) Laura-896845 said: S...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Bob-59786 said:

Quote:
Laura-896845 said:

Some days I'm convinced that there are no men on this site under 35.

I'm 34 + 35.

Nice try, Bob. But that doesn't mean you can date Laura AND her twin sister!

--hide--

laughing

Thank you Bob and Jerry for a good laugh. I've had a looooooong day, and I needed that.

My own little furball is asleep beside me. When she goes to bed I know it's really late for me to be up. She is (according to our best guess) a cairn terrier mix. That's Toto's breed, but she's a blonde. She's an intelligent, affectionate, a scruffy little rescue from the Humane Society. I've had her for about 10 years now. Her official name is Margaret Mary, a good Catholic saint name, but we just call her Maggie. That is, unless she's eaten or gotten into something she wasn't supposed to. Then she'll get an earful of the full name!

Jan 17th 2013 new

Thanks for the birthday wish Ray I had a really nice day.

Also thanks for understanding the loss of a pet. I think I am going to wait until spring as my son needs to finish fencing in my back yard. I did see a Brittany I would have liked she was so lovable, but in order to adopt a Brittany is is mandatory that you have a fenced in yard.

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Renee-288471 said: So now that we've discussed cats, how about women with dogs...especally want to hear from the...
(Quote) Renee-288471 said:

So now that we've discussed cats, how about women with dogs...especally want to hear from the 35 and below crowd as it seems that dogs just appear to others to be work and not fun.

--hide--

I see dogs as being like children, a lot of work and joy.

Jan 17th 2013 new

Well, I used to be under 35! (still trying to get over that smile)

I love dogs so long as they are not tiny & yappy, or overly aggressive. Unfortunately, I have no one one to shrae the care of a dog with and my own schedule is too erratic to be fair to a dog.

Jan 17th 2013 new

I love Goldens. My kids say its because their personalities are like mine.

Jan 18th 2013 new

Dogs are work and dogs are fun. I have a 12 year old paralized dachshund named Happy. He is easily my best friend in the whole world, we've been together through thick and thin, and I know that no matter what happens during the day, I will always come home to someone who loves me. On the other hand, he can be a lot of work, I have to deal with normal dog stuff (like the rug he destroyed) but also the special needs of a paralized dog.

I think that the most important thing he's taught me is that love takes work. There are days I get tired and upset with him, and then are days that he crawls in my lap and makes all my worries go away. But I can take this lesson into my other relationships, enjoying the great parts and working on the not so great parts.

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Renee-288471 said: So now that we've discussed cats, how about women with dogs...especally want to hear from the...

So now that we've discussed cats, how about women with dogs...especally want to hear from the 35 and below crowd as it seems that dogs just appear to others to be work and not fun.

--hide--

Not thirty-five and under but I have two dogs, both neutered males from the same litter and like night and day from each other. We have always had dogs and I really can't imagine life without dogs. Rusty was always closer to me and has more of my personality -- quieter, less easily frazzled, laid back. Butterball (and yes the name fits lol), was definitely attached to my husband and is far more anxious, less friendly at first and frets easily. Even their markings are mirror images of each other lol. Since my husband passed away both have gotten far more glued to me. I am hoping that will eventually ease a bit, as I don't remember having a canine body guard 24/7. They can be work but not too bad when you get into the routine of it. I have a big yard and wouldn't really recommend dogs in an apartment where you have to walk them several times a day if someone is worried about the time and work associated with a dog. They can make messes and sometimes frustrate a person, but I can't imagine not getting those excited welcome homes and the gentle cuddles. And, I even like the fact that they protect me always, just quietly positioning themselves betweem me and someone they don't know, or taking up position between the bed and the bedroom door at night.

I have a cat as well and she is special too. She is demanding though lol, but funny and lovable.

We've also had snakes, fish, turtles, hermit crabs, lizards, a baby armadillo and a baby mole, hamsters, birds, guinea pigs and a rat named Leonard, that despite my aversion to his tail at first became a delight to me. When I would come home, he'd jump up on his hind legs and get so excited until I went over to talk to him -- go figure lol. I've learned over the years that love comes to us in many many forms -- some with four legs, some with none. Many of our animals have come to us, when we thought we were taking them home to die and we wanted them to die with some love and kindness as their last thoughts --- and none of them died, not a one lol. . . my mom says the power of love is an amazing thing and I suppose she is right.

Jan 18th 2013 new

--hide--

I have a German Shephard/Rottie mutt I adopted 2 years ago. She is 9 now, and I LOVE dogs, esp big ones! She is just what I wanted, and she loves me unconditionally biggrin I went to the kill "shelter" looking for a dog who was older, chill, didn't need potty trained and wouldn't tear the house apart while I was at work 10hrs/day (I came home at lunch to let her out). Just my luck, I found her and they said in the 4 months she had been there not a single person ever came to see her, or took her out in interest of adopting her. Her family got rid of her because their new dog didn't like her. She sat perfectly still when I bent down, and she looked me in the eye, and I thought "she is SO calm, but alert..." and when I asked her if she'd like to go outside she jumped up, tail wagging, lifting her paws (which, btw, she came with tricks: she will shake either paw on demand!) I have also taught her to sit now, and to "go to bed" which at first meant her kennel, now means her dog bed in the kitchen. She is a wonderful guard dog, scares all the neighbors, some won't even walk by my house anymore (I live in a bad neighborhood- one guy even cussed her out: "I will f--- you up, dog!!") She even scared away an intruder recently from my back entrance, I was sleeping on the couch and the doorknob jiggled and she jumped up and attacked the door, snarling, hackles up, then silently ran to the front windows where she stuck her head through the blinds and sat, growling for a few minutes. I'm so glad I have her. She's a total doll, great with kids and my cats, and even the neighbors who know her admit she's all bark and is a sweetie. She even protected my friend's 4 year old from another dog; he was playing on the floor and the other dog was trying to play with the child, but too rough, and my dog stepped over the child and hunched low, growled once and stared the other dog down until it left. I love her so much. In fact, I just came downstairs from cuddling with her in bed laughing sounds lame, but I was gone all day and we both needed it!

I can go on and on about her, she even lets me dress her up sometimes, hehe :) I have a pic with her in my album :)

Jan 19th 2013 new

Here's my young golden. She is still full of puppy (just over 1 year old).

Posts 31 - 39 of 39