Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: You're right Cory. Oxytocin is produced by touch, including cuddling. The primary h...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

You're right Cory. Oxytocin is produced by touch, including cuddling. The primary hormone for men is vasopressin with oxytocin as secondary. Our physiology is beautifully and intricately created in relation to our bonding mechanisms, for pair bonding and social cohesion. Which is one of the reasons for me science only enhances and supports my belief in God (an entirely different discussion lol). We are given the gifts and charisms we need to fulfill our purpose to love and care and build with each other - friendships, societies, couples, marriages, families. And, like all of our gifts we have to understand them and respect them because they can be misused intentionally or not. But, when used correctly what a beautiful gift and world we can build . Lauren

--hide--

Well said, Lauren. Lots of good information and wisdom shown. Thank you for sharing.

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: And THIS is why I won't cuddle with you.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

And THIS is why I won't cuddle with you.

--hide--

Tara, are you a cuddle nazi? laughing

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: ... Oxytocin is produced by touch, including cuddling. The primary hormone for men is vasopressi...

... Oxytocin is produced by touch, including cuddling. The primary hormone for men is vasopressin with oxytocin as secondary...

--hide--
More romantic words were rarely spoken. faint

laughing Just had to make a funny, Lauren. I like the rest of what you said in your post. thumbsup

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: More romantic words were rarely spoken. Just had to make a funny, Lauren....
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

More romantic words were rarely spoken.

Just had to make a funny, Lauren. I like the rest of what you said in your post.

--hide--

LOL I now its like Big Bang Nerdy romantic LOL. . .me nerdiness always leaks out.

Jan 18th 2013 new

Yikes, I either need to clean my keyboard keys, check my glasses or pay more attention to my typing. . .sorry for all the missing or incorrect letters.

Jan 19th 2013 new
Yeah baby! Kidding... I just wanted to use that line.
Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Yeah baby! Kidding... I just wanted to use that line.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Yeah baby! Kidding... I just wanted to use that line.
--hide--

Another "yeah, baby" convert. laughing

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: You're right Cory. Oxytocin is produced by touch, including cuddling. The primary h...

You're right Cory. Oxytocin is produced by touch, including cuddling. The primary hormone for men is vasopressin with oxytocin as secondary. Our physiology is beautifully and intricately created in relation to our bonding mechanisms, for pair bonding and social cohesion. Which is one of the reasons for me science only enhances and supports my belief in God (an entirely different discussion lol). We are given the gifts and charisms we need to fulfill our purpose to love and care and build with each other - friendships, societies, couples, marriages, families. And, like all of our gifts we have to understand them and respect them because they can be misused intentionally or not. But, when used correctly what a beautiful gift and world we can build . Lauren

--hide--

I don't mean to be that guy graduate , but oxytocin isn't really produced by touch. It's rather released from storage by such signals. Oxytocin has many other functions beside its role in bonding, in men and women alike.

duck

Jan 20th 2013 new

Peter, you are correct, touch is one of the methods of triggering the release of oxytocin, to be more precise. Also, has roles in childbirth, lacation, maternal/infant bonding, anxiety mediation, stress reduction, memory and learning, etc. It's a fascinating hormone and there is still a tremendous amount to learn about it. The initial studies between prairie voles (which have pair bonding and an abundance of oxytocin receptors) and mountain voles (which do not pair bond and have many fewer receptors) are fascinating. And, in humans the alleles are polymorphic resulting in differing effects of oxytocin or strength of the effects, depending on the specific alleles inherited.

Regardless, touch is important for humans.

Lauren

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: And, in humans the alleles are polymorphic resulting in differing effects of oxytocin or strengt...

And, in humans the alleles are polymorphic resulting in differing effects of oxytocin or strength of the effects, depending on the specific alleles inherited.

--hide--

Not to mention that the receptor density is likely to change in pair with long amplitude changes in oxytocin release. Someone living without human touch for a long time will get very sensitive to any release. It's totally fascinating!

Posts 161 - 170 of 171