Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jan 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Alex-382372 said: Why is it the only people who like the Dallas Cowboys live in Dallas or in Washington DC lol. Why are there...
(Quote) Alex-382372 said:

Why is it the only people who like the Dallas Cowboys live in Dallas or in Washington DC lol. Why are there A batteries, C batteries and D batteries but no B batteries?
--hide--

So there is something to keep you awake worring at night! irked?
Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Alex-382372 said: Why is it the only people who like the Dallas Cowboys live in Dallas or in Washington DC lol. Why...
(Quote) Alex-382372 said:

Why is it the only people who like the Dallas Cowboys live in Dallas or in Washington DC lol. Why are there A batteries, C batteries and D batteries but no B batteries?
--hide--

There really is a B battery. It just isn't used much any more!

Why is football called football when they mostly use their hands and it really isn't a ball?

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: There really is a B battery. It just isn't used much any more!
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

There really is a B battery. It just isn't used much any more!

--hide--

This article has a photo of an old B battery along with instructions for constructing a replacement out of 9V batteries, should you need one to power an antique radio.

www.techlib.com

Jan 19th 2013 new
What about getting those tubes? I have an old radio whose tubes are burned out.
Jan 19th 2013 new

Well, in Europe they call soccer football...so shouldn't we call our football, handball???

Jan 19th 2013 new

And you're right! A football isn't shaped like a ball. It's more like a giant lemon shape. The citrus theme is more appropriate for when they have games at the Orange Bowl.

I've been on here too long. Goodnight!

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: What about getting those tubes? I have an old radio whose tubes are burned out.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: What about getting those tubes? I have an old radio whose tubes are burned out.
--hide--

The most efficient way would probably be to Google the tube number (e.g., 6AW8, 12AX7). Or you can Google [ vacuum tubes] to get ads for companies selling tubes (vacuumtuves.net, vacuumtubes.com, tubedepot.com, thetubestore.com).

Jan 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: This article has a photo of an old B battery along with instructions for constructing a replacem...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

This article has a photo of an old B battery along with instructions for constructing a replacement out of 9V batteries, should you need one to power an antique radio.

www.techlib.com

--hide--

scratchchin
Jan 19th 2013 new
--hide--

Vacuum tubes were used as amplifiers. Their replacements were first discovered in a lab setting in Dec. of 1951, or 1952. The transistor is what we call it. They work on a lot smaller voltage and thus much safer. A 9volt battery is just a collection of 1.5 volt cells arranged in series.

Didn't help you though did I Lina!
Jan 19th 2013 new
--hide--

Radio Shack might be of help? 2nd try, your local Kirby repairman.
Posts 11 - 20 of 131