Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 27th 2013 new

Coming into this forum a little late, I greatly appreciate the original question--thank you Marion!--and everyone's replies to her and others! I have been feeling the same way, no responses, just a poster? I just figure that, for me, it's my current status. My primary interest at this time--due to waiting on annulment anyway--is to just meet people and get to know them. In my community I am limited on Catholic Interactions--actually with both genders, glad I stumbled onto the forums as now I feel I DO have an outlet for "meeting and greeting" others.

Good luck to you Marion, et al... I agree having faith and turning it over is just about the best solution. One day that right person is going to respond and it will not matter that the others were not wise enough to act first! biggrin

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Ginette-903528 said: Hey! I'm in the same "BOAT"!! I've been on other dating websites, three or fo...
(Quote) Ginette-903528 said:

Hey! I'm in the same "BOAT"!! I've been on other dating websites, three or four...SAME THING!! NOOOOOO ANSWERS! I personally think men these
days are "different". They want their cake and eat it too. I guess you have to be just about perfect...Let's face it, there are a lot more women out there than there are men. They get the best "pick". So.....you must be slim, beautiful, wealthy, exercize, cook, be professional, loving, generous...and what did I forget?? Forgive me but, I'm about to give up...For you all out there: GOOD LUCK!!!

--hide--

Maybe we should start a new club?! Perfectly wonderful, REAL, women who are only asking for a chance prior to judgement.

(Yes, Ginette, you are not alone!) smile

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Of course there can be any number of remarkable events and freak occurences which hinders members...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Of course there can be any number of remarkable events and freak occurences which hinders members from answering a friendly hello from another fellow human being. A giant squid could be physically hindering them from reaching the computer or perhaps they suddenly developed a five second memory span. Both events could happen. But most likely there is a very simple explanation: they didn't bother, which is rude. Are you familiar with the term Occam's razor?

--hide--

How silly of me! Of course it's well outside the bounds of reason to think that some people might <gasp!> not sign on to CM for an extended period of time (like the entire last week I wasn't on the site...).

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-149694 said: Kristen, Pretty much everything I write has humor in it, if only visible to me. <...
(Quote) Jim-149694 said:

Kristen,

Pretty much everything I write has humor in it, if only visible to me.

People DO have good reasons for what they do and don't do as Jerry reminds me. I just see a lot of hurt in ignoring people.

Jim

--hide--

In similar discussions in the past, more than a few have commented that they prefer a non-response to receiving a rejection. A person who feels this way may believe they are being kind in not responding.

In the end it's very simple:

(a) We can't control how others act.

(b) We can control how we interpret or respond to other's actions (or inactions).

From this it follows that we have two choices:

(1) Learn to avoid developing unrealistic expectations of other's behavior so that we're not unhappy when the outcome isn't as we desire and we are pleasantly surprised when it is.

(2) Continue to expect results that experience has shown to be unusual and be unhappy when our expectations are not met.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: In similar discussions in the past, more than a few have commented that they prefer a non...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

In similar discussions in the past, more than a few have commented that they prefer a non-response to receiving a rejection. A person who feels this way may believe they are being kind in not responding.

In the end it's very simple:

(a) We can't control how others act.

(b) We can control how we interpret or respond to other's actions (or inactions).

From this it follows that we have two choices:

(1) Learn to avoid developing unrealistic expectations of other's behavior so that we're not unhappy when the outcome isn't as we desire and we are pleasantly surprised when it is.

(2) Continue to expect results that experience has shown to be unusual and be unhappy when our expectations are not met.

--hide--
You have made some good points here Jerry. I would sum it up as 'everyone is different'. We can not expect every person to react as we would (what fun would that be?). Some are very efficient and want answers to everything immediately. Some are laid back and don't care much if someone doesn't respond. There really are many possible reasons for not getting a response: lazy, stressed for time, depressed, afraid they might hurt someone's feelings by openly rejecting them, have not signed on to CM in a while. Here is a BIG one; they are currently communicating with someone. As you say, "avoid developing unrealistic expectations of other's behavior" Who knows, in a few months you could contact them again and get a positive response. I'll tell you this, if we openly reject them then we kiss that prospect goodbye for good!

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Nell-908103 said: Maybe we should start a new club?! Perfectly wonderful, REAL, women who are only askin...
(Quote) Nell-908103 said:

Maybe we should start a new club?! Perfectly wonderful, REAL, women who are only asking for a chance prior to judgement.

(Yes, Ginette, you are not alone!)

--hide--

Now that would be a new concept.. Get to know me before you reject me.. If only that were the case.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Nell-908103 said: Maybe we should start a new club?! Perfectly wond...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Nell-908103 said:

(Yes, Ginette, you are not alone!)

Now that would be a new concept.. Get to know me before you reject me.. If only that were the case.

--hide--

Does this mean you will be contacting every single member of the opposite sex on CM? When you choose who to contact, aren't you rejecting those you don't choose? (Just asking... scratchchin )

Jan 28th 2013 new

I know exactly how you feel. I have been at this for over 3 years now. Could it be possible that I am no ones ideal? I believe I am fairly attractive, intelligent, warm, funny witty, kind caring.....what more could a man want? I don't get it really and neither do those closest to me. I think the problem is getting someone to take that step to get to know me....I guess.....I don't know. That's why I am posting here. I am asking for help and suggestions. Is there something wrong with my profile? Am I too fat, not attractive, what, what is it!! Please be honest....I am asking for suggestions here to build a better profile.....so don't hold back. My CM # is 462525.....please take a look and let me know what's wrong or unattractive about me....men and women welcome to comment.....PLEASE do. I know I would make a great, loyal partner for the right man and I know you are out there somewhere, but WHERE? LOL... looking forward to all comments....Thanks, JoAnne

Jan 28th 2013 new

That's life! wink

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnne-462525 said: I know exactly how you feel. I have been at this for over 3 years now. Could it be possible that...
(Quote) JoAnne-462525 said:

I know exactly how you feel. I have been at this for over 3 years now. Could it be possible that I am no ones ideal? I believe I am fairly attractive, intelligent, warm, funny witty, kind caring.....what more could a man want? I don't get it really and neither do those closest to me. I think the problem is getting someone to take that step to get to know me....I guess.....I don't know. That's why I am posting here. I am asking for help and suggestions. Is there something wrong with my profile? Am I too fat, not attractive, what, what is it!! Please be honest....I am asking for suggestions here to build a better profile.....so don't hold back. My CM # is 462525.....please take a look and let me know what's wrong or unattractive about me....men and women welcome to comment.....PLEASE do. I know I would make a great, loyal partner for the right man and I know you are out there somewhere, but WHERE? LOL... looking forward to all comments....Thanks, JoAnne

--hide--

Posts 51 - 60 of 81