Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 28th 2013 new

When I said "that's life", I was responding to Jerry's comment about exclusion.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnne-462525 said: That's life!
(Quote) JoAnne-462525 said:

That's life!

--hide--

I don't disagree. But, then again, you weren't one who who was advocating that others "get to know [you] before rejecting [you]"

Jan 29th 2013 new

[quote]JoAnne-462525

JoAnne, there is nothing wrong with you, nor so far as I see is there anything wrong with your profile. Speaking woman to woman, I think you are lovely and vivacious. I would tend to think that like me, you are in a a rather remote area of the country and that makes things a little more difficult.

My life's experience is to tell you to get out and fully participate in your interests as often as you can, even if you have to do it alone. You appear to have a lot of fun interests in life - cultivate them. Mr. Right may be in this website and he may not be in this website. Just geographically speaking, your area looks like a good one for fishing. Do you fish? Just saying....

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnne-462525 said: I know exactly how you feel. I have been at this for over 3 years now. Could it be possible that...
(Quote) JoAnne-462525 said:

I know exactly how you feel. I have been at this for over 3 years now. Could it be possible that I am no ones ideal? I believe I am fairly attractive, intelligent, warm, funny witty, kind caring.....what more could a man want? I don't get it really and neither do those closest to me. I think the problem is getting someone to take that step to get to know me....I guess.....I don't know. That's why I am posting here. I am asking for help and suggestions. Is there something wrong with my profile? Am I too fat, not attractive, what, what is it!! Please be honest....I am asking for suggestions here to build a better profile.....so don't hold back. My CM # is 462525.....please take a look and let me know what's wrong or unattractive about me....men and women welcome to comment.....PLEASE do. I know I would make a great, loyal partner for the right man and I know you are out there somewhere, but WHERE? LOL... looking forward to all comments....Thanks, JoAnne

--hide--

I'm going to be honest and upfront here.. Putting up a post where you ask if people think you are unattractive, or fat, or suggesting that you wrote a bad profile gets you the opposite of the kind of attention you want.. It comes across as very unconfident...

Jan 29th 2013 new

Check this out it might be helpful.

www.catholicmatch.com

Jan 29th 2013 new

Marion, you have more courage in your little finger than I have in my whole body.

I never message anyone. But I do respond. I always send a smile when someone sends me a smile, even when I am NOT interested as a courtesy. But I have noticed it sometimes gets me in a little tough spot. When I respond they think I am interested. And if I assume they are interested and I write back that I am not, I think they would think me presumptuous.

So I will smile back, but I do not want to encourage anyone that I am not interested in. So what to do?

What about reaching out to the men who have viewed you? Also the forum is a great way to get yourself out there.

Best wishes.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Does this mean you will be contacting every single member of the opposite sex on CM? When you cho...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Does this mean you will be contacting every single member of the opposite sex on CM? When you choose who to contact, aren't you rejecting those you don't choose? (Just asking... )

--hide--

And a good question it is, Jerry! When I first joined(4 monther here) I thought it was polite to drop a note when I previewed a profile. If it was their birthday I'ld wish them a happy one (everyone deserves to be noticed at least once a year, don't you think?), if they were new I'ld send them a welcome aboard emoticon, saw a picture that tickled my fancy I'ld let htem know, or just send a vague smile emoticon just so they knew I previewed their profile. But, alas, I must admit I fell victim to modern day habits because "This is awkward, it doesn't seem anyone else does this here--maybe I need a course on internet etiquette" so I stopped. Then life happened and I am just now getting back on the site. boggled

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Carolyn, I definitely would prefer a polite "I'm not interested" smile to no response at all. I find it ridiculous that anyone would continue to pursue after such a note.

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: Marion, you have more courage in your little finger than I have in my whole body. I ne...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

Marion, you have more courage in your little finger than I have in my whole body.

I never message anyone. But I do respond. I always send a smile when someone sends me a smile, even when I am NOT interested as a courtesy. But I have noticed it sometimes gets me in a little tough spot. When I respond they think I am interested. And if I assume they are interested and I write back that I am not, I think they would think me presumptuous.

So I will smile back, but I do not want to encourage anyone that I am not interested in. So what to do?

What about reaching out to the men who have viewed you? Also the forum is a great way to get yourself out there.

Best wishes.

--hide--

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Jim,

So I should just send a smile emotigram with a message saying "Thanks, but I am not interested." (?) I think that is a good idea. Thank you, I will try it.

I have had to block a couple men just recently after answering a smile with a thank you emotigram. They messaged me continually even after I did tell them I was not interested. That bothers me when someone ignores when I request they stop emailing me. It literally scares me after having some bad experiences with some men.

Thanks again.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: So I should just send a smile emotigram with a message saying "Thanks, but I am not interested?&...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: So I should just send a smile emotigram with a message saying "Thanks, but I am not interested?"
--hide--

On Ave Maria Singles there is a Not interested button that sends this Auto Reply to the person "

"I am grateful for your contacting me, but I am not currently interested in further correspondence. I wish you every blessing as you continue your search for the person God intends for you. God bless you."

Maybe this Phrasing would be better?

Posts 61 - 70 of 81