Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 26th 2013 new

Wow!! There are so many great films on here. Two that I didn't see - maybe I missed them - are:

'The Passion of Joan of Arc' (1928 FRA) www.imdb.com
and
'Teresa de Jesus' (1984 miniseries ESP) www.imdb.com

Jan 27th 2013 new

The Great Commandment(1939)
www.imdb.com

Jan 27th 2013 new

Any recent Catholic themed movies? I'm not sure if "The Notebook" ( as an example) is or not....

Jan 27th 2013 new

Uncertain Glory(1944)Errol Flynn is a murderer with the help of a devoted Catholic French detective(Paul Lukas)and a religious girl(Jean Sullivan)changes his ways.
www.tcm.com

Jan 28th 2013 new

St. Frncis being one of my favorite saints, I really enjoyed watching the newest movie that was made on his life and the life of St. Clare as well. It is well done. This clip is a 10 minute preview of the movie, couldn't really find a trailer.

Clare and Francis www.youtube.com :)

The Scarlet and The Black

I saw this movie a few months ago and really liked it. Here is the link to the full movie for anyone interested in watching it www.gloria.tv provided by gloria.tv :)

Other movies I have enjoyed watching are:

Don Bosco

Going My Way

The Bells of St. Mary's

Padre Pio

St. Rita

Therese

The Passion of Christ: not sure if anyone else knows this but I thought I would share it. Mel Gibson was inspired by the visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich when creating The Passion of Christ movie. Anne Catherine Emmerich was a German stigmatic and visionary who had visions on the life of Jesus and His mother and other biblical people and places. The books are great reads. Here is a link for more information www.tanbooks.com

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronique-499294 said: Any recent Catholic themed movies? I'm not sure if "The Notebook" ( as an example...
(Quote) Ronique-499294 said:

Any recent Catholic themed movies? I'm not sure if "The Notebook" ( as an example) is or not....

--hide--
Not really recent, but watch Alive (1993), the true story of Uruguayan rugby team's plane that crashed in the Andes mountains, and their will to survive. Forced to do anything and everything they could to stay alive on meager rations and through the freezing cold, the only thing the team has after losing many of their friends and family members is their faithfulness to God. Being Uruguayan (South America), the crash survivors are largely Catholic who rely on nightly recitations of the holy rosary as they deal with danger, tragedy, despair and hopelessness. There are several scenes of reflection of God's providence and grace throughout the whole ordeal, especially when faced with the difficult decision to consume the flesh of their dead when their rations run out.

Jan 28th 2013 new

"The Cardinal", (1963) by Otto Preminger was a good depiction of a boy from Boston and his journey to the post of Cardinal. Often wondered if it was loosely based on Cardinal Spellman.

Jan 28th 2013 new

Appointment With Danger(1951)Alan Ladd is a postal inspector sent to protect nun(Phyyllis Calvert)a witness to a murder by gangsters(Jack Webb,Paul Stewart)Great Film.Dont Miss clap clap clap clap gangster duck thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
www.impawards.com

Jan 28th 2013 new

It was Dorney Park, right?

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Maureen-432687 said: It was Dorney Park, right?
(Quote) Maureen-432687 said:

It was Dorney Park, right?

--hide--
Sorry, I was referring to The Trouble with Angels. I'm a "novice" at using the forums.

Posts 101 - 110 of 154