Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 19th 2013 new

Greatest Story Ever Told(1965)
www.youtube.com

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: Therese www.youtube.com
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

Therese

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Definitely one of my favorites as well.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Brooke-894714 said: Brother Sun, Sister Moon (1972) -The story of Saint Franci...
(Quote) Brooke-894714 said:

Brother Sun, Sister Moon (1972)

-The story of Saint Francis of Assisi

Joan of Arc (1999)

--hide--

That Joan of Arc 1999 version is such an amazing one. The only thing I thought was that they portrayed that pride was one of St. Joan's weaknesses and I don't get that impression from any of the biographical works on her but otherwise a fantastic movie.

Jan 19th 2013 new

Come To The Stable(1949)
www.imdb.com
Note,Marlo Thomas was recently on TCM.Loretta Young was her Godmother.

Jan 19th 2013 new

Joan Of Arc(1948)
www.impawards.com

Jan 19th 2013 new

Guilty Of Treason(1950)
www.imdb.com

Jan 20th 2013 new

Rudy

Any movie with Touchdown Jesus in there is Catholic in my book. "Notre Dame Our Mother, pray for us!"

Jan 20th 2013 new

Dan you beat me to it. I was going to say Ben Hur.

There are only a couple scenes with Jesus in the entire movie, and as I recall you never see His face, but so powerful. One of the few early movies that portrayed the Lord as a strong man. Awesome movie!

Jan 20th 2013 new

Joan Of Paris(1942)Great WW2 film of a Catholic girl(Michelle Morgan)and a priest(Thomas Mitchell)hiding Allied flyers from the nazis in occupied France.Alan Ladd is a standout as one of the flyers wounded.Some think his performance was the best he did in films clap clap clap thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
www.tcm.com

Jan 20th 2013 new

Sister ACT!!!
BTW I have sisters; none of whom are nuns...

Posts 61 - 70 of 154