Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 23rd 2013 new
Fatima (Narrated by Ricardo Montalban)

www.youtube.com
Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-766671 said: I second (third?) "The Trouble With Angels", also "Romero", "The Missi...
(Quote) Jessica-766671 said:

I second (third?) "The Trouble With Angels", also "Romero", "The Mission", "The Passion of the Christ", "Bella" and "For Greater Glory"

--hide--

I like most of the movies listed in this thread. clap clap clap

St. Teresa (the Spanish miniseries from the 1980s about St. Teresa of Avila)

The Jeweller's Shop (written by Karol Józef Wojtyła, aka Pope JP II)

The 2 movies about Mother Teresa (incl. the one with Olivia Hussey)

Bella

For Greater Glory

The Passion of the Christ

Butterfly Circus (mostly Catholic production, to be made a feature film) www.youtube.com

looking forward to: Little Boy (to be released this year, a fan of Eduardo Verastegui)

not necessarily Catholic but pro-life: October Baby

don't forget the J.R.R. Tolkein films and the C.S. Lewis Narnia films (fantasy with Catholic values)

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Pontius Pilate(1962)
www.imdb.com

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: not necessarily Catholic but pro-life: October Baby
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

not necessarily Catholic but pro-life: October Baby

--hide--

For those of you who have Netflix Streaming, you can currently watch October Baby with your subscription. instantwatcher.com

I definitely encourage you to check it out -- excellent movie! thumbsup

Jan 23rd 2013 new

The Fugitive(1947)Henry Fonda is a priest in a godless South American dictatorship.
www.filmposter-archiv.de

Jan 24th 2013 new

Becket(1964)
www.learnaboutmovieposters.com

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-28682 said: John, perhaps the best clip from the movie...www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Dan-28682 said:

John, perhaps the best clip from the movie...

www.youtube.com

And yes it is amazing how powerful it is even though you never see Jesus face and He never says a single word.

--hide--

Dan! Happy birthday!

I was just watching the clip and went to respond and noticed the cake! May you have a blessed year!

Yes, that's a scene for all time. The way the Roman soldier reacts (maybe shamed, maybe changed?) by the presence of Jesus, the Holy Face of Jesus that we don't see on screen. And the simplicity of the act, of a drink of water. Thanks and have a great day!

John

Jan 24th 2013 new

present wave Happy Birthday! Happy birthday, Kathleen from MA! party

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Happy birthday, Kathleen from MA!
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Happy birthday, Kathleen from MA!

--hide--
And Happy birthday to Dan, from TX, too! Wow, you two and your cakes are right next together---PARTY!! party party balloon balloon present present Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! cookie cookie :hersheyskiss: :hersheyskiss: :rose: :rose:

Jan 24th 2013 new

There are so many classics out there! My favorites that I own are Quo Vadis, Ben Hur, Don Bosco, St. Bernadette, Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima, Scarlet and the Black, Bless the Child, Padre Pio, There Be Dragons, A Man For All Seasons, Beckett, St. Therese, The Shoes of the Fisherman, etc.

Of all the movies I own, Scarlet and the Black is by far my favorite. Gregory Peck is amazing (as usual), and I think it's the third time I've seen Sir John Gielgud playing the pope in a movie!

Next on my list to buy: Barbara
My parents were given a copy of this new film for Christmas and I watched it when I went to visit them. It was phenomenal. It's in Italian with English Subtitles-just fyi.

Posts 81 - 90 of 154