Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 24th 2013 new

Sign Of The Pagan(1954)
www.filmposter-archiv.de
Jack Pallance is a standout as Attalia The Hun

Jan 24th 2013 new

Jesus Of Nazareth(1977)
www.imdb.com

Jan 25th 2013 new

Marcelino, Pan y Vino (Bread and Wine) 1955. released in the US as Miracle of Marcelino

Marcelino is an orphaned young boy who lives with monks in a monastery. One monk tells Marcelino never to go up the stairwell of the monastery. But, Marcelino is irrepressible and out of curiosity, eventually ventures upstairs to see what is there. He sees a big crucifix in the room and puts out bread and wine. Miraculously, Jesus comes down from the cross and eats Marcelino's offering. He speaks to Marcelino, assures him he is a good boy, and tells him he can have one wish. Marcelino wishes to see Jesus' mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and his own deceased mother. Jesus tells Marcelino he has to fall asleep in order to get his wish. Marcelino falls asleep on Jesus' arms and bears the vision of The Blessed Virgin and his mother. The monks then realize that Jesus came down to talk with the boy, and believe it was a true miracle. Jesus gives the boy the name "Marcelino Pan y Vino": "Bread and Wine."

Jan 25th 2013 new

Guadalcanal Diary(1943)Preston Foster heads an all star cast as a Marine Chaplain Marines Flag
www.youtube.com

Jan 25th 2013 new

Thunder On The Hill(1951)
upload.wikimedia.org

Jan 25th 2013 new

Francis Of Assisi(1961)
www.imdb.com

Jan 25th 2013 new

Sound Of Music(1965)
www.youtube.com

Jan 26th 2013 new

Men Of Boys Town(1941)
www.youtube.com

Jan 26th 2013 new

The Silver Chalice(1954)
www.impawards.com

Jan 26th 2013 new

"Going My Way" is one I didn't see yet on the list that I liked. There was a movie I saw several years ago that I do not know the name of, but I believe it was made in the 1950's or early '60's in England. It was about a frienship between two kids, one was a Jewish girl and the other a Catholic boy and their shared prejudice in their society at that time. It showed the similarities between the two faiths, but also their differences.

Posts 91 - 100 of 154