Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Jan 17th 2013 new

Kathy---all I can say is MWAAAHH!!! I wish you well in the next part of the journey, and know that in the future, our paths will cross again. hug

Via con Dios, mi amiga! Praying rosary theheart
Chirp Chirp

Feb 7th 2013 new

Hi everyone...I am not sure if I am crazy or what? It has been a year and a half since my husband died and the clothes he was wearing the day before are still sitting in the bedroon where he left them. He died suddenly. I haven't done anything with his belongings yet. I have been just muddling along and decided it was time I move on here. But I still can't get rid of anything yet. I took off our rings. I still have an electric candle lit in front of his picture and one in the window. I have his flag from the Navy still in an honorable place. I have been trying to let myself heal so I only have been pushing myself so much. I don't sob every free moment I have anymore, I still weep and all that. But if I allow myself it is just too painful, so I try to push everything aside just to survive thru each day. I prayed to God whether I should join CM and he showed me the way. I also I think I am ready for a relationship..am I nuts?!!! There is so much more I could write....Jane

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Hi everyone...I am not sure if I am crazy or what? It has been a year and a half since my husband ...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Hi everyone...I am not sure if I am crazy or what? It has been a year and a half since my husband died and the clothes he was wearing the day before are still sitting in the bedroon where he left them. He died suddenly. I haven't done anything with his belongings yet. I have been just muddling along and decided it was time I move on here. But I still can't get rid of anything yet. I took off our rings. I still have an electric candle lit in front of his picture and one in the window. I have his flag from the Navy still in an honorable place. I have been trying to let myself heal so I only have been pushing myself so much. I don't sob every free moment I have anymore, I still weep and all that. But if I allow myself it is just too painful, so I try to push everything aside just to survive thru each day. I prayed to God whether I should join CM and he showed me the way. I also I think I am ready for a relationship..am I nuts?!!! There is so much more I could write....Jane

--hide--

Hello Jane, your feelings are real and they define the person you are - you are not "crazy" or "nuts." Each of us are different and our paths and timing are unique. Don't feel rushed. Your prayers were answered and you joined CM when it was time. Keep praying and in time you will contine to take the steps as they come. Be true to your beliefs, values, and keep looking until it is right. Do not settle nor compromise. Pray, then pray again, and pray more.

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-918050 said: Hello Jane, your feelings are real and they define the person you are - you are not &...
(Quote) Gary-918050 said:

Hello Jane, your feelings are real and they define the person you are - you are not "crazy" or "nuts." Each of us are different and our paths and timing are unique. Don't feel rushed. Your prayers were answered and you joined CM when it was time. Keep praying and in time you will contine to take the steps as they come. Be true to your beliefs, values, and keep looking until it is right. Do not settle nor compromise. Pray, then pray again, and pray more.

--hide--
Gary! Thnak you so much. I knnow you are right. I am blessed to have faith and it does get me through. I am doing better. Some days are harder than others but God alays sees me through. Yhank you so much for taking the time to respond . I will keep praying...Jane biggrin wave

Feb 7th 2013 new

i really have some typos yuk!

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Hi everyone...I am not sure if I am crazy or what? It has been a year and a half since my husband ...

--hide--

You sound like you are just fine, Jane. We all do this differently. I left everything just as he left it for 9 months. Then I bought a cabin on the mountain...the shock came when a wonderful friend of mine started moving his things. Wow, I hadn't thought about that. Fortunately, she was a close friend who could get away with it and also an experienced counselor. I might have hit someone else...was I nuts? no, just still numb.

You sound like you are right on track. Just as Gary said, there is no hurry. It's your personal time table. I am praying with you. hug theheart

- Elizabeth

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: You sound like you are just fine, Jane. We all do this differently. I left everything...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

You sound like you are just fine, Jane. We all do this differently. I left everything just as he left it for 9 months. Then I bought a cabin on the mountain...the shock came when a wonderful friend of mine started moving his things. Wow, I hadn't thought about that. Fortunately, she was a close friend who could get away with it and also an experienced counselor. I might have hit someone else...was I nuts? no, just still numb.

You sound like you are right on track. Just as Gary said, there is no hurry. It's your personal time table. I am praying with you.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
Thank you Elizabeth..I so appreciate your words and prayers! I am gald i wrote, so now I feel a little more normal. i am sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to write. This site is wonderful the love and care from you. wave hug Praying

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Thank you Elizabeth..I so appreciate your words and prayers! I am gald i wrote, so now I feel a li...

Thank you Elizabeth..I so appreciate your words and prayers! I am gald i wrote, so now I feel a little more normal. i am sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to write. This site is wonderful the love and care from you.

--hide--

You are so very welcome, Jane. hug

Posts 11 - 18 of 18