Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Karen-744772 said: I'm just getting a little discouraged. I have been on here almost a month, and nothing! Men view my ...
(Quote) Karen-744772 said: I'm just getting a little discouraged. I have been on here almost a month, and nothing! Men view my profile, but they are all out of state. Words of advice, wisdom? :)
--hide--
Things don't happen overnight, Karen. Operative word here is P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E. Get yourself known in chat rooms, the forums, and, if possible, some of the area CM events. Keep in mind there's no guaranty that something will happen, but do what you can to make it so. It's like going to a dance -- you don't know if someone is going to ask you or not. Donna (one of the moderators here) updates a list of CM people who have gotten married.

CM is a dating tool. Like all tools, it must be used properly for best results. But some things just take time.....

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Karen-744772 said: I'm just getting a little discouraged. I have been on here almost a month, and nothing! Men view my ...
(Quote) Karen-744772 said: I'm just getting a little discouraged. I have been on here almost a month, and nothing! Men view my profile, but they are all out of state. Words of advice, wisdom? :)
--hide--

Catholic Match is famous for being an anti-Tampa Bay Rays site. This has lingered even after "Devil" was dropped from the name.

OK back to seriousness. Have you initiated contact with men you find interesting? I know this violates the traditional courtship model but many men are confused about how to approach online dating or modern dating in general. If you take initiative things may pick up for you.

Jan 19th 2013 new

--hide--

It does not happen as fast as we may like but it can happen. A month is not a long time. Keep the faith!

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: Give it more than a month. I would say you will be a regular fairly soon. This is a d...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

Give it more than a month. I would say you will be a regular fairly soon. This is a dating site, not a quick order menu

Good luck

--hide--

a quick order menu....oh, I'll have a ............. that's pretty funny. you have a good sense of humor.

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Things don't happen overnight, Karen. Operative word here is P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E. Get yourself know...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Things don't happen overnight, Karen. Operative word here is P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E. Get yourself known in chat rooms, the forums, and, if possible, some of the area CM events. Keep in mind there's no guaranty that something will happen, but do what you can to make it so. It's like going to a dance -- you don't know if someone is going to ask you or not. Donna (one of the moderators here) updates a list of CM people who have gotten married.

CM is a dating tool. Like all tools, it must be used properly for best results. But some things just take time.....

--hide--

time is what we all have. we wait patiently and pray to God that he will send us the person we all need and want. It's like winning the lottery, either you will or you won't. it's luck afterall. I doubt if any site gives a refund. what if you meet the wrong person on a site. throw him back in the water and wait for the next fish to come along. these sites should be called the waiting game.

Jan 20th 2013 new

wave At the very least, you are bound to make some wonderful friends, so it is well worth it. This is just one of many ways to meet someone - deinitely not to be viewed as the only way. wink

Jan 20th 2013 new

--hide--

here is what a young lady had to say in another post recently *** " I had really, really, really wanted to meet a strong Catholic...but as she stated the most important thing is to find someone to be a friend with. No matter how Catholic someone is, you have to click as a friend. I realized only very few men on here are actually guys I would be friends with. Age and lifestyle is too different. There are a few, but too far away. Geography is a big issue." ***

I agree with this completely, and these thoughts dont seem to be mentioned too often in posts. scratchchin Praying

Jan 20th 2013 new

--hide--
Give it a chance Karen. A month really is no time at all. I share your frustration regarding far away candidates though. There is a MATCHES section where you can check out profiles supposedly matched to your survey answers, but there is no real info about them and the photos are deliberately blurred. I dislike this set-up. If I click on one, I then see that the woman's profile is from Kansas - or whatever, which is not what I'm looking for. I need a real person within driving distance! I wish they would change this.

Anyway, hang in there. Finding someone who shares your faith is worth the wait, and it is the reason why I joined. Don't be shy about beaming a smile or two at profiles that spark your interest and just keep at it and I'm sure things will happen. Good luck and God Bless!!

Jan 20th 2013 new

You are right, Karen . This website is a lost of time. Some are not open minded here.

Posts 11 - 19 of 19