Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 17th 2013 new
I want to visit Fatima, Lourdes and see the way of the Cross.
Jan 17th 2013 new

My first would be to visit the Holy Land. Hopefully, I will be going this June.

Jan 17th 2013 new

Like a few others have mentioned, I would like to walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain (A wonderful independent film was produced and acted by Catholic father and son, Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez, titled The Way - www.imdb.com

And I would also like to visit the Marian Shrines at Lourdes and Fatima.

Beyond that, the only shrine I have visited was the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Tepeyac

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Leah-246793 said: My first would be to visit the Holy Land. Hopefully, I will be going this June.
(Quote) Leah-246793 said:

My first would be to visit the Holy Land. Hopefully, I will be going this June.

--hide--
First post alert! Leah, welcome to Catholic Match. Post early and often. wave hug

Jan 17th 2013 new

I've already ticked off two from my bucket list.

1. Visited the Holy Land on a parish sponsored tour. It was amazing!
2. Visited the Shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe in LaCrosse WI. It is very beautiful. My brother and I brought our parents and they loved it!

I would love to see the Passion Play in South Dakota, visit the Shrine of Our Lady IN Guadalupe. Any shrine to Our Lady would be wonderful.

Jan 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Steve-650539 said: I want to do the Camino de Santiago. Go back to St. Peter's Bascilica--...
(Quote) Steve-650539 said:

I want to do the Camino de Santiago.

Go back to St. Peter's Bascilica---this time as a Catholic instead of a tourist and visit the other major basilica's in Rome.

Visit Lourdes/Fatima/Holy Land

Go to Auschwitz--my confirmation saint is St. Maxmilian Kolbe; then visit his shrine in Niepokalanów

--hide--

I think two of the things I loved most about St. Peter's as a Catholic was going to confession and praying in the crypt under the main altar. I found out later that they discovered a tomb they believe to be Peter directly under the main altar
Jan 18th 2013 new

I have knocked two off my bucket list biggrin

1.) Go on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land (did this in November of 2011, it was a wonderful experience and I really would enjoy going again because there was so much to take in)

2.) Go on a pilgrimage to Lourdes (this too was wonderful, my group even got to go to Never where St. Bernadette's incorrupt body is as well as Paris)

Things I would like to do:

1.) Have a private audience with the Pope

2.) See the incorrput body of St. John Vianney and other saints

3.) Go on a pilgrimage to Rome

Jan 18th 2013 new
The Holy land!
Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Leah, welcome to Catholic Match. Post early and often.
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Leah, welcome to Catholic Match. Post early and often.

--hide--

Thank you Margo! Sometimes life gets in the way but I will try my best. biggrin

Jan 18th 2013 new

Camino de Santiago

Posts 11 - 20 of 31