Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Mike I would never think that about you dearest. and I completely understand th...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Mike I would never think that about you dearest. and I completely understand that. I think as you get wiser with passing time the process changes. For now I like to be chased. I just think that at this stage in my life I want a guy to think that I am worth the effort of being courted the good old fashioned way.

--hide--
Hi Shara, wave I'm a little older than you, shhh laughing but I want to be chased as well. I've went the other route and it never turns out well.

Luckily, the CM gent I'm in "contact" with has done all the chasing from the get go. The first time he viewed my profile, he sent me a message and stepped up to the plate. I of course viewed his profile, sent him a return message, and the rest has feel into place nicely. He's been very clear with his intent from the beginning. No games!! The man is serious and I like it!! faint wink

Jan 17th 2013 new

I am under the impression that men prefer to initiate the communication.

I tried to do more initiating in the past and that has not seemed to work for me.

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Shara, I'm a little older than you, but I want to be chased as well. I've went the oth...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hi Shara, I'm a little older than you, but I want to be chased as well. I've went the other route and it never turns out well.

Luckily, the CM gent I'm in "contact" with has done all the chasing from the get go. The first time he viewed my profile, he sent me a message and stepped up to the plate. I of course viewed his profile, sent him a return message, and the rest has feel into place nicely. He's been very clear with his intent from the beginning. No games!! The man is serious and I like it!!

--hide--

Linda you are not old chica. heart I do think that I have realized that when guys on here are interested they make their intent pretty clear and take definite action. I am like you I like to feel to like a woman and be courted. wink

Jan 17th 2013 new

For what it's worth, here's my philosophy of how I respond to messages:

1) Message back the following night (or a day later, if something delays you) if you're definitely interested.

2) Respond to a message before the following Sunday if you may be interested, or if you aren't, but want to be courteous.

3) Ignore a message-less emotigram if you're not interested. (That may sound harsh, but I've gotten non-responses to many of my messages in the past, and ultimately it just encouraged me to put more thought into what I send out.)

Also, accept the fact that some people are going to be shy, fickle, not entirely committed to the enterprise of dating, or simply involved with someone else, and that all of these are going to prevent you from getting the response you might expect. These things happen. (And all of them have applied to me at one time or another.)

Peace,

Matt

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: .....when guys on here are interested they make their intent pretty clear and take definite acti...

.....when guys on here are interested they make their intent pretty clear and take definite action. I like to feel to like a woman and be courted.

--hide--

Shara - I've seen it too, not only on CM but everywhere IRL. When men are interested in more than just a friendship, they take definite action so the lady knows without a doubt he's looking at her in a romantic way. He steps up and puts forth the effort to show her she's special. A 'just friend' will go days without contact, and that's ok. But a suitor won't let more than a day or so go by without touching base.

I always said it would take a billboard AND a brick upside my head for me to figure out if a gentleman is romantically interested - I just think everyone is simply being 'friendly.' boggled The men I've gone out with made me feel special in their actions and words, they treated me respectfully, and let me know I was a priority. 'Chasing' will get my attention - .then definite actions, or lack thereof, will determine if they KEEP my attention. It's VERY nice to be treated like a lady - it brings out a softer side of us. I think women respond to simple chasing more than some men realize.

Jan 17th 2013 new
Thanks for all the replies so far. It's all been enlightening! Keep sharing!
Jan 17th 2013 new

I don't think falling in love in a picture and a profile is the most healthy way to go about online dating. So, I would not say that slow replies necessarily mean lack on interest, tere could be a lot of factors at play here. However, with F2F slow reply are mostly likely mean a lack of interest on the guys part.

Jan 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I think that I have learnt that on CM like in the real world that if a guy is interested he will give c...

I think that I have learnt that on CM like in the real world that if a guy is interested he will give chase pretty rapidly and consistently. The ones who delay are probably not motivated enough. You deserve a guy chasing you as a woman.

--hide--
This basically sums it up. If a man is really interested he will find a way to keep the conversation going regardless of his circumstances.
Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) James-413805 said: This basically sums it up. If a man is really interested he will find a way to keep the conversation goi...
(Quote) James-413805 said: This basically sums it up. If a man is really interested he will find a way to keep the conversation going regardless of his circumstances.
--hide--
Ding, Ding, Ding..... we have a winner....give the man a gold star!! You get a Gold Star! clap Bow thumbsup

Jan 17th 2013 new
I second Linda's response! James hit the nail on the head....Bingo!!!!!!!
Posts 31 - 40 of 105