Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 17th 2013 new

biggrin Rock on Tara and Shara! YEp I agree! Thanks....does anyone know how to delete messages received....? Im really not that dumb...honest! embarassed Thanks....

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Rock on Tara and Shara! YEp I agree! Thanks....does anyone know how to delete messages received......
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Rock on Tara and Shara! YEp I agree! Thanks....does anyone know how to delete messages received....? Im really not that dumb...honest! Thanks....

--hide--

You can archive communications from a specific user so they don't appear on the active list, but messages can't be deleted nor can individual messages be archived (i.e., if you were to send me five messages, I could arhive all or none, but not only the first three).

Jan 17th 2013 new
As my intentions are clearly stated that i am looking for friendships; my take on this is different id guess. But i do try to respond to all emots and messages unless there is an obvious romantic intent ( not a playful flirt). Those i have to say i deal with on a case by case basis.
Jan 17th 2013 new

If a women does not reply within two days, then she must not be intrested. Move on. tmcc

Jan 17th 2013 new

Giving my two cents... I'd say my behaviour shows what I look for: I look for a woman that likes to communicate, so I will certainly try to get a nice and easy conversation going from the beginning. Maybe if I wasn't a 'talker' myself, I would be also less communicative in the beginning.

If I'm not interested, I will still reply to a personal message (if I can be online soon enough), just to be polite. Often though, I see my effort reflected in the interest I have.

And 5 days waiting can show a lot: It could be that someone is just not interested (but then I wouldn't care to reply so late - either asap or not); or it could mean somebody has been praying over it; or that someone is busy (however I think it's always possible to squeeze in some time for a short reply if we deem it worthy).

I think it's the Catholic side of this website that urges us to stay polite and respectful, to entrust people we are personally not interested in, to God.

I also think the man should take initiative, but that's another discussion. Of course I'd like it if a woman sends the first message if she feels attracted toward me (one example: my 'search' does not always show up every woman I could be interested in - so there's a chance I'd miss up just exactly the one 'for me'). I think the 'male initiave' rule, which is both a Christian and a natural one, should define the relationship as a whole, but not force some strange rules upon us like "Oh, I really like this guy... if only he'd react to me."

Jan 17th 2013 new

yes, same old story

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-924110 said: This site reminds me of CYO dances of my youth. Guys on one side and girls on the other.
(Quote) Mary-924110 said:

This site reminds me of CYO dances of my youth. Guys on one side and girls on the other.

--hide--

Yes, same old story

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I think that I have learnt that on CM like in the real world that if a guy is interested...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

I think that I have learnt that on CM like in the real world that if a guy is interested he will give chase pretty rapidly and consistently. The ones who delay are probably not motivated enough. You deserve a guy chasing you as a woman.

--hide--

AGREED!

Jan 17th 2013 new
Shara! You're a trip! I know this has been a burning question for some women, so I just had to ask the guys!
Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Shara-929649 said: Mike I would never think that...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
Shara-929649 said:

Mike I would never think that about you dearest. and I completely understand that. I think as you get wiser with passing time the process changes. For now I like to be chased. I just think that at this stage in my life I want a guy to think that I am worth the effort of being courted the good old fashioned way.

Hi Shara, I'm a little older than you, but I want to be chased as well. I've went the other route and it never turns out well.

Luckily, the CM gent I'm in "contact" with has done all the chasing from the get go. The first time he viewed my profile, he sent me a message and stepped up to the plate. I of course viewed his profile, sent him a return message, and the rest has feel into place nicely. He's been very clear with his intent from the beginning. No games!! The man is serious and I like it!!

--hide--

Ditto here..I want to be chased.. It makes me anxious to be the one initiating contacts because then I'm not sure if he's responding just to be polite.. I need to be hit over the head with a baseball bat of interest from him..

Posts 41 - 50 of 105