Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/17/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Just a thought here, but maybe you are waiting too long to move the communication to ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Just a thought here, but maybe you are waiting too long to move the communication to the next level like phone calls.. No one wants to stay in email land forever..And if you don't keep moving the communication forward she assumes you're just looking for an email buddy..

And women..When they tell you they want to hear the sound of your voice..Give up the darned phone number and let them call you..Otherwise don't complain about not having success here..

--hide--

If they did that you and Jerry would no longer have jobs! laughing laughing

theheart

01/17/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-754314 said: Hi Christine, I had been messaging this young lady since late November. At first it was tou...
(Quote) Paul-754314 said:

Hi Christine,

I had been messaging this young lady since late November. At first it was tough to read whether she was genuinely interested or just wanted to e mail but just after the Holiday's we exchanged phone numbers and a week later she stopped responding to me (both email and text) I've just figured that it's going to be 50/50 to make something work so if she isn't willing to but forth the effort to respond to my messages why should I put forth the effort to send her a message.

--hide--

MEN!!! Giving a phone number DOES NOT MEAN TEXTING.. Texting is nothing more than short message emailing.. rolling eyes

01/17/2013 new

if a person is given a phone number, it means they want to hear your voice. this will also give insight if they would want to continue in this relationship. read something about hearing actual voices helped captivate a person. cupid the chase is on! cowboy CowGirl

01/17/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-754314 said: I have recently read and commented on forum topic "Men Calling or Messaging back" Howeve...

I have recently read and commented on forum topic "Men Calling or Messaging back" However I have had a few occasions fairly recently of a woman that I have been messaging with for while (over a month) and she suddenly stopped replying to any and all of my messages I'm wondering why?

--hide--

I am sorry that happened to you. Assuming (and we know the dangers of that right? but I'll do it anyway) that she's not playing some sort of game, I would guess that either she has decided she is no longer interested or has picked up on something in one of your emails that has indicated to her that the two of you are not a match. I wish you much luck in your search!

01/17/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-754314 said: I have recently read and commented on forum topic "Men Calling or Messaging back" Howeve...

I have recently read and commented on forum topic "Men Calling or Messaging back" However I have had a few occasions fairly recently of a woman that I have been messaging with for while (over a month) and she suddenly stopped replying to any and all of my messages I'm wondering why?

--hide--

You also might think back over the last few messages you exchanged with her and see if perhaps there was some sort of misunderstanding or something that might have upset her. That could be another reason. I would like to think that women are not so fickle as to stop contacting for no reason. smile

01/17/2013 new

--hide--

Hi Paul,

I would say it could be one of five things:

She is a type that doesn't know how to do a direct statement and thinks ignoring gets a message across.

Two, she has legitimate excuse for which we do not know. So, we say a pray for her and hope all is well.

Three, she has poor communication skills and doesn't know how to communicate what she is feeling.

Four, she doesn't trust you.

Five, she's really bad with computers and the whole thing crapped out.

That would be my thoughts, I'm sorry to hear the communication dead ended Paul. Guessing is no fun.

I think I'd try a direct question asking why she ended the communication so you can move on or know.

Blessings. Andrea

01/17/2013 new

I sent the young lady in question a message last night stating "I like you and I want to get to know you. If you do not reply I will stop attempting to contact you and I will move on." I also called her and left a message earlier this evening. I have not gotten a reply from the message. It is time to move on.

01/17/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-754314 said: I sent the young lady in question a message last night stating "I like you and I want to get ...

I sent the young lady in question a message last night stating "I like you and I want to get to know you. If you do not reply I will stop attempting to contact you and I will move on." I also called her and left a message earlier this evening. I have not gotten a reply from the message. It is time to move on.

--hide--

Yep. Sounds like it. Sorry. sad

01/17/2013 new

Hi Kristen,

Thank you. I'm still fairly new to C.M. and to the idea of online dating sites in general. I can't believe that she would be this cold to just "drop" communication so abruptly after almost a month.

01/17/2013 new

Yeah, that is strange. Its not a very kind way to handle the situation on her part. Sorry, Paul.

Posts 11 - 20 of 80