Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/21/2013 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: Since we're on this topic - may I flip this around? So I've been messaging a guy for a bi...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said:

Since we're on this topic - may I flip this around? So I've been messaging a guy for a bit and things were going great - he sent me a long email about did you notice my age, are you OK with a guy with a son with disabilities, etc....all of the "don't choose me" reasons. Of course I knew all of those things and obviously by continuing to discuss things I was/am interested. Anyway, I tried to reply today and "poof" profile unavailable. He also sent me a long text after writing that asking why I didn't reply as he saw I was online (which I wasn't but my mobile app was left open best i can tell) and that he was sorry and that's why he's never open with people, etc. Wow! What did I do? Is he just freaking out? Trying to pull out not so gracefully? Scared? I don't get it! So men - give me some male insight please!!! Seems this goes both ways.........

--hide--

If his profile is gone suddenly like that, I would assume he is a scammer an let it go..

01/21/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: If you call her and get her voice mail, how many days should you wait before trying to call her again if ...
(Quote) John-220051 said: If you call her and get her voice mail, how many days should you wait before trying to call her again if you don't hear from her?
--hide--

But definitely, definitely leave a message. Drives me batty when I show missed calls but no messages. I assume it wasn't important and generally let it slip from my mind (this is with anyone).

And, I do like text messages. I would of course enjoy phone calls as well, but a text here and there throughout the day or week are pleasant little connections that can be quickly returned when time permits.

01/21/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: If his profile is gone suddenly like that, I would assume he is a scammer an let it g...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

If his profile is gone suddenly like that, I would assume he is a scammer an let it go..

--hide--

Absolutely a good point Donna. And, it is often a ploy that they use -- a widower/divorced with a child, and they often try to make you feel bad. I haven't encountered any here, but on another site I have racked up thirteen thus far. the stories are always similar in script, some are a little smoother than others, but they are there. My first encounter was a gentleman who was supposed to be in the military. . .his son was stateside in the custody of an elderly uncle -- son had an appendicitis -- they needed 1500 for the surgery -- dropped it to $350 after a day - by now I know this isn't on the up and up -- if he's military his son has excellent medical coverage, if its an appendicitis hospital will operate first worry about money after in the event there is no insurance -- etc. So I called him on it, and said, "Of course I will help, give me your son's full name and the hospital and I will call the billing office right now and set it up." that of course was not what he wanted, just wanted the money. I said I'm sorry that's the only way I can help. I then got a series of angry emails -- how could I do this to a child, etc etc.

If he is a scammer then good riddance for you. In the event he is legitimate perhaps send a simple response and offer him up in prayer.

01/21/2013 new

Hi Donna,

Long time, no see.

Well, gosh, I can think of more things to do. Heh heh.

What you do is you go into public restrooms and at truck stops and along the interstate rest stops and leave little signs that say, "For a good time call ******* at (123) 456-7890.

A reasonable girl will conclude that -- compared to all the new calls from weirdos -- that you were not so bad! Plus she'll have new friends from all over the country. It's a win-win.

And imagine her pleased laughter when she finds out about your little joke! Believe you me; girls love this sort of thing!

Donna, don't they?

I so believe in sensible answers to life's little problems.

Heh heh,

NC Jim

01/21/2013 new

(Quote) Jim-149694 said: Hi Donna, Long time, no see. Well, gosh, I can think of more things to do. Heh heh.
(Quote) Jim-149694 said:

Hi Donna,

Long time, no see.

What you do is you go into public restrooms and at truck stops and along the interstate rest stops and leave little signs that say, "For a good time call ******* at (123) 456-7890.

A reasonable girl will conclude that -- compared to all the new calls from weirdos -- that you were not so bad! Plus she'll have new friends from all over the country. It's a win-win.

And imagine her pleased laughter when she finds out about your little joke! Believe you me; girls love this sort of thing!

Donna, don't they?

Heh heh,

NC Jim

--hide--

Uhhh..Suuuuurrrrre they do Jim..Whatever you say.. rolling eyes

01/21/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Uhhh..Suuuuurrrrre they do Jim..Whatever you say..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Uhhh..Suuuuurrrrre they do Jim..Whatever you say..

--hide--

Gosh, it's almost like you don't acknowledge me as a world class relationship expert! You must go and lie down now as that is crazy talk!

:')

NC Jim

01/21/2013 new

(Quote) Jim-149694 said: Gosh, it's almost like you don't acknowledge me as a world class relationship expe...
(Quote) Jim-149694 said:

Gosh, it's almost like you don't acknowledge me as a world class relationship expert! You must go and lie down now as that is crazy talk!

:')

NC Jim

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing breathe laughing laughing laughing

rolling eyes

01/21/2013 new

(Quote) Jim-149694 said: Hi Donna, Long time, no see. Well, gosh, I can think of more things to do. Heh heh.
(Quote) Jim-149694 said:

Hi Donna,

Long time, no see.

Donna, don't they?

Heh heh,

NC Jim

--hide--
Gosh, Jim, this has always worked for me. wink laughing laughing laughing

MI Linda wave angel

01/21/2013 new

Christine, I do not understand his reaction. I would definitely prefer to see a reason for cutting off contact. I had one rather fun date in 2010, but she stopped replying to my emails after the date. I would have wanted to stay in touch with her even if there was no potential for a relationship.

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: I had an instance where a gentleman and I were emailing for about four weeks pretty consisten...
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

I had an instance where a gentleman and I were emailing for about four weeks pretty consistently. He hadn't asked for my number yet. I was running out of things to say in the emails and hearing about his day to day activities was getting a little mundane (day to day activities help to sanctify us, I know, that's not what I'm talking about). So I sent him an email stating that I didn't think that we were connecting on a deeper level and wished him the best. Well, he sent me an extremely angry email yelling at me for being disrespectful for telling him why I didn't want to communicate anymore and 'to do what regular people do, just stop emailing'. I had thought that what I was doing was the right thing and then he really spooked me--there were other things that he said. So ever since then I've been hesitant to send a 'why'. And I know that this is just one person that couldn't take rejection, not everyone.

--hide--

01/21/2013 new

(Quote) Jim-149694 said:

Hi Donna,

Long time, no see.

Donna, don't they?

Heh heh,

NC Jim

--hide--

Great tips Jim! How many ladies that this method worked on so far?

Posts 71 - 80 of 80