Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

This was once shared in a homily at Mass. It was one of those perfect timing things for me, and I listened as tears welled up. Anyhow, I come back to it from time to time and find it such a comfort. Though occasionally, I'm scared by the words "that may take a very long time" laughing

God bless!

Above all, trust in the slow work of God.

We are quite naturally impatient in everything

to reach the end without delay.

We should like to skip the intermediate stages.

We are impatient of being on the way

to something unknown,

something new.

Yet it is the law of all progress that is made

by passing through some stages of instability

and that may take a very long time.

And so I think it is with you.

Your ideas mature gradually. Let them grow.

Let them shape themselves without undue haste.

Do not try to force them on

as though you could be today what time

-- that is to say, grace --

and circumstances

acting on your own good will

will make you tomorrow.

Only God could say what this new Spirit

gradually forming in you will be.

Give our Lord the benefit of believing

that his hand is leading you,

and accept the anxiety of feeling yourself

in suspense and incomplete.

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Jan 17th 2013 new

Oh patience... thanks Sarah.

Jan 17th 2013 new
I like it. Many of us over 40 never married have experienced it. It's a challenge but trust that things are moving even when we see them standing still. All we have to do is keep turning to God. Thanks for sharing this.
Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-901988 said: Give our Lord the benefit of believing that his hand is leading you, and accept the anxiety of fe...
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

Give our Lord the benefit of believing that his hand is leading you, and accept the anxiety of feeling yourself in suspense and incomplete.

--hide--

Thank you for this post. All of it spoke to me, but the above quote stopped me in my tracks. It's been a timultuous several months for me. I was supposed to be married on December 1st. My fiance ended up having a breakdown in October and needed to be in a psychiatric facility. He got out right before Christmas. It's truly come to light that as much as we love each other that he is not able to give back to another person in terms of a marital relationship. I've known him for 13 years and have invested much time and energy into this relationship. So not only am I dealing with the changing dynamic of a meaningful relationship, I now am living in suspense of my life going forward. But I truly do believe in what St. Augustine wrote about your hearts being restless until it rests in Him. We will always be in suspense and incomplete. We will not be complete until we get to heaven. I have to find solace in this because I don't know what the future holds. As much as my deepest desire is to be a wife and mother, it may not happen. It hurts to my core, but I'm sure being up on a cross just for who you are also must have hurt to His core.

Jan 17th 2013 new

Thank you Sarah.

Jan 19th 2013 new

That's a good one. I think a must read.

St Monica, Pray for Us

Jan 19th 2013 new

This is beautiful and a wonderful reminder. Thanks for sharing Sarah!

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: Thank you for this post. All of it spoke to me, but the above quote stopped me in my...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

Thank you for this post. All of it spoke to me, but the above quote stopped me in my tracks. It's been a timultuous several months for me. I was supposed to be married on December 1st. My fiance ended up having a breakdown in October and needed to be in a psychiatric facility. He got out right before Christmas. It's truly come to light that as much as we love each other that he is not able to give back to another person in terms of a marital relationship. I've known him for 13 years and have invested much time and energy into this relationship. So not only am I dealing with the changing dynamic of a meaningful relationship, I now am living in suspense of my life going forward. But I truly do believe in what St. Augustine wrote about your hearts being restless until it rests in Him. We will always be in suspense and incomplete. We will not be complete until we get to heaven. I have to find solace in this because I don't know what the future holds. As much as my deepest desire is to be a wife and mother, it may not happen. It hurts to my core, but I'm sure being up on a cross just for who you are also must have hurt to His core.

--hide--

Wow, Stephanie! This is huge. I am praying for you. It seems you have your eyes on the prize (heaven) and doing the will of God. The quote from St. Augustine says it all: Our hearts are restless until they rest in God. Sarah also has a beautiful poem to help us in this journey.

A wise priest once told me that we are hanging on the cross, between heaven and earth. This always helps me to make sense of the difficulties and sorrows that we face while on our journey. May God grant us all patience while we seek His will and while he prepares us each for the spouse he has willed for us.

Jan 19th 2013 new

Praying Praying rosary rosary

May we all remain in His Mercy and Grace to be the people that He wants us to be... Praying rosary

Jan 19th 2013 new

Thanks Sarah.

Will have to make a copy.

God Bless you for sharing it.

Posts 1 - 10 of 19