Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Florian-626971 said: Someone just gave me a link to an interesting article related to this topic: http://www....
(Quote) Florian-626971 said:

Someone just gave me a link to an interesting article related to this topic:

www.c-fam.org

--hide--

Fascinating and heartwarming.... I hope this portends a different future than we expect..

Jan 18th 2013 new

So basically people like Reggie got tired of making the same point over and over and people like "Loretta" didn't.

www.youtube.com

Jan 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: Why do y'all think it has become increasingly acceptible in America? Why is there seemingly...
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

Why do y'all think it has become increasingly acceptible in America? Why is there seemingly much more backlash in France of all places than here in the US? Have we just resigned ourselves to the inevitability that eventually it will be legal in all 50 states?

I, myself, am not sure what to do as younger persons seem so pro-gay marriage these days. Thoughts, comments????

--hide--

The MSM is putting out false information as they always do. Most Americans reject homosexuality and 'orientation'. The civil rights laws have intimitated Americans from speaking out publicly. The SSPX is probably the reason why so many Roman Catholics in France took to the streets and have rejected homosexulity.

Jan 19th 2013 new

This is what happens when our priests fail to preach the moral truth from the pulpit. Our parish priest quoted someone who said 200 years ago, that the reason America is free is because morality was preached from the pulpit and if America ever loses its freedom, the fall would start from the pulpit.

The reason the press emphasizes the priest scandal so much is that they don't want us to preach morality. If they can smear our church because of a few, and I do mean a few, priests, then we lose the ground to hold on to our country's moral standard.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: Why do y'all think it has become increasingly acceptible in America? Why is there seemingly...

Why do y'all think it has become increasingly acceptible in America? Why is there seemingly much more backlash in France of all places than here in the US? Have we just resigned ourselves to the inevitability that eventually it will be legal in all 50 states?

I, myself, am not sure what to do as younger persons seem so pro-gay marriage these days. Thoughts, comments????

--hide--

A big part of the problem is that people do not distinuish between "equal" and "identical." They think that for two people/groups/whatever to be equal to one another, they have to be identical. The notion that marriage is something inherent to heterosexuality but impossible to homosexuality is not part of this outlook. In this world view, if the group of heterosexuals can be married to people that they are sexually attracted to, homosexuals must be able to do the same thing if they are going to have "equal rights."

Jan 19th 2013 new

--hide--

The problem is, the dumbass politians who make these laws, because they dont have the balls to stand up for what is right... Will of the people my ass...

Jan 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: The problem is, the dumbass politians who make these laws, because they dont have the ball...
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said:

The problem is, the dumbass politians who make these laws, because they dont have the balls to stand up for what is right... Will of the people my ass...

--hide--

Rough, but accurate.
Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: The problem is, the dumbass politians who make these laws, because they dont have t...
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said:

--hide--
I use to wonder what would happen in government if they weren't allowed to make any new laws. I mean what would they do ??? Maybe run thecountry right for once. I agree with Dennis too.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: (Quote) Dennis-754668 said: The problem is, the dumbass poli...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Quote:
Dennis-754668 said:

I use to wonder what would happen in government if they weren't allowed to make any new laws. I mean what would they do ??? Maybe run thecountry right for once. I agree with Dennis too.

--hide--

Thanks Thomas and Edward...

Jan 19th 2013 new

Peace be with you. Well, we have to backtrack.

Civil laws/rights are apart of a republic/demoncratic nation. So, if it is the will of the majority to allow homosexual marriage to be recognized by the state, then so be it; I will not stand in the way.

I like to see the whole monetary benefit taken away from those married. Why should you get a tax break being married while I am single? And don't give that bull of raising kids; I did not make you get married; we can just adopt millions from Africa or elsewhere so the population won't decline. Who says it is better to get married young, get divorced, and raise a kid that becomes a criminal, while I am getting better so to raise a child in a warm home if I do get married? That is why I think this movement on marriage is just a love of money.

Also, why do folks with a mortgage get a tax break on paying interest? I did not make you buy a house. I am renting and got to deal with the tryannical property managers. If that tax break is taken away, then you are more apt on the LIBOR fraud and elsewhere. I mean it is like: please come into my home and rob me, just don't break anything. Geez.

Second, our brothers and sisters fighting for civil rights are having a fuss on estates and inheritances. Look, if you have to pay a tax or fee to get back what is yours or your parents, then it is not yours! Get that through your head. The state owns you. You got a SSN, then you are a slave. Period. Get back to common law and out of the system. That car you pay property taxes; guess what you don't own it! If so, then why pay property tax? Please answer me that question. I do know those that have the actual title, not a certificate of title, and pay no taxes and get may be harass by the cops on occassion. You see cars without plates? May be breaking a law, but why is it that there is no rule telling a cop to pull-over a car with no plates. Ask a cop that question the next time you see him. You guys need to start filtering the camels out of the cup, before you talk about civil rights.

Posts 11 - 20 of 23