Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-872788 said: I purchased a six-month membership but several months ago decided it would be best to change my...
(Quote) Patrick-872788 said:

I purchased a six-month membership but several months ago decided it would be best to change my status and use this site for Catholic fellowship only. Doing so removes your profile from all searches so it certainly does not increase your number of views or messages, unless if you post something in the forums that others find disagreeable.

--hide--

Oh, I didn't know about not being included in searches. I hope people also contact you when they find your posts agreeable too! smile

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: I changed my status once I decided that I was no longer looking on this site, and have decided t...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

I changed my status once I decided that I was no longer looking on this site, and have decided to keep this status for the remainder of my subscription. This status removes your profile from the matching system and all searches conducted by others.

Interestingly enough, my profile views and received messages from unfamiliar persons have actually increased since I changed my status. In some small but strange way it feels like I've become more attractive now that it is assumed that I'm not longer available.

--hide--

They want to know who the mysterious man is without a picture who posts in the forum! wink

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: I have a friendship only status - because I am participating in the forums for the firs...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

I have a friendship only status - because I am participating in the forums for the first time and figured I should put up a picture to go with my posts on the forum. Usually, I have my profile picture blank because either I wasn't a paying member or I wasn't truly available.

I usually sign up in a weak moment, searched and found someone interesting or someone sent me note and then I'm here for 6 months.

I think now that the forums are seen on the home page - I am more likely to get viewed by those who are also participating in the forums, lurking or posting. I don't know that it necessarily specifies interest, but curiousity about the people we are talking to.

The "Seeking Friendship Only" won't help you get more messages but the forum interactions will.

Now that I have the "Seeking Friendship Only" - I can wish people happy birthday, and send them a note that I like that they are caring for a parent too, etc. And I don't have to worry that they think I'm flirting with them.

I didn't sign up for the Friendship Only status, somewhere there was interaction that caused me to sign up for 6 months.

As long as I am on this time, I have my single brother and a local woman - awaiting a blind date. A new risk. Just call me Matchmaker

--hide--

Food for thought, Andrea. Good luck with the matchmaking!

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: They want to know who the mysterious man is without a picture who posts in the for...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

They want to know who the mysterious man is without a picture who posts in the forum!

--hide--

It is no longer necessary for me to have a profile photo. Everyone already knows who I am and what I look like. Anyone who already doesn't never will because I won't be here long enough for them to do so. Hence, why I removed my photo.

theheart

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I just put my status back on friendship only, admittedly only to test the hypothesis that there are more ...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I just put my status back on friendship only, admittedly only to test the hypothesis that there are more views when you are in this status than when you are in normal operating mode, if you will. :)
--hide--

Well, let us know when you have some conclusive results for us! smile

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: It is no longer necessary for me to have a profile photo. Everyone already knows who I am and wh...

It is no longer necessary for me to have a profile photo. Everyone already knows who I am and what I look like. Anyone who already doesn't never will because I won't be here long enough for them to do so. Hence, why I removed my photo.

--hide--

We must work from memory, heh?

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: We must work from memory, heh?

We must work from memory, heh?

--hide--

Pretty much. It's not my fault you women are unable to forget me! tongue

theheart

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Pretty much. It's not my fault you women are unable to forget me! ...

Pretty much. It's not my fault you women are unable to forget me!

--hide--

rolling eyes

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Pretty much. It's not my fault you women are unable to forget me! ...

Pretty much. It's not my fault you women are unable to forget me!

--hide--

Nat King Cole, move over... the new Unforgettable... smile

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Nat King Cole, move over... the new Unforgettable...

Nat King Cole, move over... the new Unforgettable...

--hide--
how cute, kristen CowGirl and how cute victor cowboy !

Posts 11 - 20 of 112