Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 17th 2013 new

tis true! Victor is unforgettable! tongue laughing laughing

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) Kristen-878108 said: We must work from memory, heh?
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
Kristen-878108 said:

We must work from memory, heh?

Pretty much. It's not my fault you women are unable to forget me!

--hide--

Jan 17th 2013 new

I've been on CM for several years and it was during my recent 6-month renewal that I changed my status to friendship only, for

various personal reasons. Because of this change in status, I don't believe I appear as a match for anyone, but I do still continue to

get matches (not sure if it is supposed to be this way). I think the messages / views I do receive now are largely in part because of

participating in the forums, and I would suspect are from other forum posters / readers who want to know a bit more about me. I will

say, though, that any views I have received since changing to friendship status have not resulted in anyone communicating further

about, well, being friends. But that's okay, I've made pretty awesome friends here already biggrin

Blessings to all heart

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: tis true! Victor is unforgettable!
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

tis true! Victor is unforgettable!

--hide--

Yes, Victor sure is unforgiv.... oh, wait! You said unforGETtable. Nevermind....

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I am curious about those who have this as their profile status. Is this really your reason for ...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I am curious about those who have this as their profile status. Is this really your reason for being on CM, or did you by a 6 month package and have decided this during your tenure here? Or have you renewed your membership solely for the purpose of seeking friendship? Has this status impacted (positively or negatively) the number of messages you receive? If it's helping, let us in on the secret! Inquiring minds want to know!

--hide--

Gee, "friends only" got me in serious trouble with a lady I met here and now see at the new Young Adults group I attend. She still won't talk to me despite the fact I made it clear to her from the very beginning--FRIENDS ONLY. I was new to town, going through major upheaval in life, and wanted nothing of romance. Now, she won't talk to me and I get to see her and her boyfriend in Young Adults every week. Hahahahaha. Lovely. She won't ever talk to me again, and I struggle to understand what I did to her. I was only honest from the beginning. She was/is trying very hard to marry... so I wish she and her boyfriend luck, but seems like she's pushing awfully hard.

In my case, I was going through a career change after nearly 15 years on active duty. I had just moved across state to a new place, knew nobody, and didn't have direct contact with my friends across the state. I needed FRIENDS, not romance and the complications it could bring.

And, oh yes, I was NOT ANNULLED and made this very clear to her from the start. I needed friends who could introduce me to a good church, help me find a good place to live, and introduce me to many other faithful Catholics so I could build a community of brothers and sisters. Major career change, a move, loss of military career, and death of my father... all within three months. No, wasn't in a position to even consider dating!

So, those are some of my reasons for FRIENDS ONLY, for now. Ask me again at the end of the month (annulment decision expected by then, praying it will be favorable for remarriage.)

Michael

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I am curious about those who have this as their profile status. Is this really your reason for ...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I am curious about those who have this as their profile status. Is this really your reason for being on CM, or did you by a 6 month package and have decided this during your tenure here? Or have you renewed your membership solely for the purpose of seeking friendship? Has this status impacted (positively or negatively) the number of messages you receive? If it's helping, let us in on the secret! Inquiring minds want to know!

--hide--

As a followup to my previous message... I receive a good many number of messages, mainly due to participation on these forums. These relationships aren't going anywhere, but the people who take the time to write have offered encouragement and support. It has been wonderful, in addition to the amazing help these forums have provided.

I pray to be able to enter the "dating scene" within the graces of the Church soon, but the benefits of this site have been substantial... even while lacking the ability to pursue romantic relationships at this time.

Michael

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Gee, "friends only" got me in serious trouble with a lady I met here and now...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

Gee, "friends only" got me in serious trouble with a lady I met here and now see at the new Young Adults group I attend. She still won't talk to me despite the fact I made it clear to her from the very beginning--FRIENDS ONLY. I was new to town, going through major upheaval in life, and wanted nothing of romance. Now, she won't talk to me and I get to see her and her boyfriend in Young Adults every week. Hahahahaha. Lovely. She won't ever talk to me again, and I struggle to understand what I did to her. I was only honest from the beginning. She was/is trying very hard to marry... so I wish she and her boyfriend luck, but seems like she's pushing awfully hard.

In my case, I was going through a career change after nearly 15 years on active duty. I had just moved across state to a new place, knew nobody, and didn't have direct contact with my friends across the state. I needed FRIENDS, not romance and the complications it could bring.

And, oh yes, I was NOT ANNULLED and made this very clear to her from the start. I needed friends who could introduce me to a good church, help me find a good place to live, and introduce me to many other faithful Catholics so I could build a community of brothers and sisters. Major career change, a move, loss of military career, and death of my father... all within three months. No, wasn't in a position to even consider dating!

So, those are some of my reasons for FRIENDS ONLY, for now. Ask me again at the end of the month (annulment decision expected by then, praying it will be favorable for remarriage.)

Michael

--hide--

Sorry you've had such a bad experience with the term. But obviously the woman you speak of is not interested in friendship. I guess she hoped she could change your mind? Better luck to you with your future friends!

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: As a followup to my previous message... I receive a good many number of messages, ...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

As a followup to my previous message... I receive a good many number of messages, mainly due to participation on these forums. These relationships aren't going anywhere, but the people who take the time to write have offered encouragement and support. It has been wonderful, in addition to the amazing help these forums have provided.

I pray to be able to enter the "dating scene" within the graces of the Church soon, but the benefits of this site have been substantial... even while lacking the ability to pursue romantic relationships at this time.

Michael

--hide--

Awesome! Thanks Michael!

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I just put my status back on friendship only, admittedly only to test the hypothesis that there are more ...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I just put my status back on friendship only, admittedly only to test the hypothesis that there are more views when you are in this status than when you are in normal operating mode, if you will. :)
--hide--

I sent Paul a note, I am corrupting his test results. He won't know if he is getting a note because he is seeking friendship only or if its because he is on the forums. wave

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: I sent Paul a note, I am corrupting his test results. He won't know if he ...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

I sent Paul a note, I am corrupting his test results. He won't know if he is getting a note because he is seeking friendship only or if its because he is on the forums.

--hide--

Doh! How will he recover from such a blow? Now he must start the count again... boggled

Jan 18th 2013 new

I can relate to Michael's statements; and I find that it's wonderful to feel the fellowship of shared Faith here, and to find or be guided to information, resources, or perspectives that assist me in the continuing growth of my own Faith. I too, have made some connections wherein I experienced a withdrawal or rejection because I am commited to respecting the Church's teaching and position on Marriage, though I know in my heart that my Vocation IS to be Married.

And in so far as we are not (yet) "Free to Marry" then we can only truely be seeking friendship and fellowship... until or unless our status changes. And in this process, should two find friendship and later become eligilble for (re)marriage, then it can be so - and done on the wonderful foundation of existing friendship, and fellowship, and shared and followed Faith.

Posts 21 - 30 of 112