Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Apparently my last post was too preachy and stalled this thread out. I apologize for letting my...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Apparently my last post was too preachy and stalled this thread out. I apologize for letting my "Present Moment" fervor get out of hand. I realize sometimes my spiritual insights do not translate to other people's lives - that's why they're my spiritual insights. Sorry!

Well, the jury's still out for me on whether "seeking friendship only" is the way to go. Sounds like it might help one to get more people to view your profile, but since as Donna said, this moniker is only displayed when a person views your profile, this leads me to the next question: does posting a status of "Seeking Friendship Only" make one more attractive because you no longer care what people think and start posting what you really think in the fora? Perhaps you just become more comfortable with being yourself because you are not impressing anyone? (I obviously don't have any such concern anyway - I've been posting what I think and am probably annoying people. Oh well! ) I'm asking because why else would people know to post on your profile?

Anyway, I wouldn't change my status anyway, because it wouldn't be honest. I am looking for more than friendship - although I'd love some more friends too! One can never have too many friends!

--hide--

Kristen, the only problem with your previous post was the apology for being too preachy; otherwise, it is right on the money. Keep in mind that: (a) you can't please all of the people all of the time, and (b) when people don't like what you have to say, the problem may not be what you said, but rather how it was interpreted.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Eloise-899090 said: Victor,After being on CM for awhille now, I think you are correct in your evaluation...
(Quote) Eloise-899090 said:

Victor,

After being on CM for awhille now, I think you are correct in your evaluation applying to some, but not all I hope. I did not know about this mindset when joining CM, and was not my purpose for joining. Yes, it's a bit scary, however I'm willing to take the leap.

--hide--

The problem with asking questions of this nature (i.e., "Why do people do 'x'?) in the forums is that thae responses reflect the opinions of a relatively small number of people who may or may not be representative of the CM membership as a whole. Even if there are a reasonably complete spectrum of answers one still has to determine which possibility(ies) applies to the person(s) they are interested in.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: She was probably really hurt when she stopped talking to you. People can't stop ...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

She was probably really hurt when she stopped talking to you. People can't stop their feelings, not matter what someone says or post on thier profile. She is probably totally over it now...but it would be awkward to start talking to you again after a long spell of not talking.

Probably that simple.

--hide--

Laura,

Thank you. I figured as much, but it helps to hear it from someone else. I'd not wanted to put her off, nor wanted to hurt her. That simply isn't the type of guy I am. Still, having experienced the hurt of a similar situation, I can understand. From my side, with someone who just wanted friendship only with me, that relationship has blossomed and helped me grow (and both of us recover from the hurts of spouses who did not cherish us.) My friend at the Young Adults group is always welcome to talk, if she chooses to. I cannot change her heart, but have told her I pray that God will have her reconsider her choice.

I don't like any sort of cutting off of communication, especially among others who share this Catholic faith. It just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

Jan 19th 2013 new

Victor,

I remember what you look like. You are a very handsome man. I can only believe that many other women remember your face also. Plus even though I have only been on CM for a short time this time, your wonderful personality comes through in your posts. So I am not sure that the unattainable makes you more desire-able, I think it is just you being you that makes you more attractive. wink

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: Victor,I remember what you look like. You are a very handsome man. I can only believe t...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

Victor,

I remember what you look like. You are a very handsome man. I can only believe that many other women remember your face also. Plus even though I have only been on CM for a short time this time, your wonderful personality comes through in your posts. So I am not sure that the unattainable makes you more desire-able, I think it is just you being you that makes you more attractive.

--hide--

Awww, shucks! knight-errant

theheart

Jan 19th 2013 new

This is definitely why some people do online. I've heard guys say that they've never had a date, and I'm like, Hmmm.... But then obviously this is a Catholic dating site, and that's why I'm here. :)

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: This is definitely why some people do online. I've heard guys say that they've never had a...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

This is definitely why some people do online. I've heard guys say that they've never had a date, and I'm like, Hmmm.... But then obviously this is a Catholic dating site, and that's why I'm here. :)

--hide--

Yes, that is a good point - it's called catholicmatch, not catholicfriends - although friendship can be an added bonus!

Jan 21st 2013 new

HI I am not sure how or where the status is listed- any help? New to CM and jsut started to explore forums. Great discussions!

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: HI I am not sure how or where the status is listed- any help? New to CM and jsut started to e...
(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said:

HI I am not sure how or where the status is listed- any help? New to CM and jsut started to explore forums. Great discussions!

--hide--

Welcome to CM, MaryBeth!

When viewing a profile, the status is at the bottom of the list to the right of the photo. For an example, click on this link to view a profile with the Seeking Friendship Only status

www.catholicmatch.com

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: HI I am not sure how or where the status is listed- any help? New to CM and jsut started to ex...
(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said:

--hide--

In your profile click on 'Edit Profile' and relationship status will pop up..

Posts 41 - 50 of 112