Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/18/2013 new
(Quote) Chavel-895977 said: We're both naive...naive to believe the Manti Te'o's story and naive to belief some stories on thi...
(Quote) Chavel-895977 said:

We're both naive...naive to believe the Manti Te'o's story and naive to belief some stories on this site...but for me, I'd rather be naive then have a cynical heart...

The young man will have to live with the ridicule his whole life and so it goes...

Thanks for your post/thread....

--hide--

Perhaps too trusting is the problem???
01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Keith-926558 said: Hi Kristen, Who knows at this point, but am I correct in hearing that this went o...
(Quote) Keith-926558 said:

Hi Kristen,

Who knows at this point, but am I correct in hearing that this went on for a couple of years? I guess it's possible. Maybe people should make it a policy that after 2 weeks of chatting that they insist on meeting in public.

I have heard of some bizarre stories. One lady I chatted with told me that she was duped into meeting a guy for a date and when she got to the restaurant, the man called her on the cell phone and ran her all over the restaurant saying. "I'm in the bar" and when she went over to find him with the man still on the cell phone she told him she couldn't find him and this went on for about five minutes, until she realized that she was the brunt of a sick joke.

Keith

--hide--

Apparently this is the new hobby. I didn't know this until last night watching the news that it's called "catfishing" - MTV even has a show on about it where they have fakers meet these trusting people and reveal that they've been had. REALLY sad.

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Chavel-895977 said: We're both naive...naive to believe the Manti Te'o's story and naive to belief some ...
(Quote) Chavel-895977 said:

We're both naive...naive to believe the Manti Te'o's story and naive to belief some stories on this site...but for me, I'd rather be naive then have a cynical heart...

The young man will have to live with the ridicule his whole life and so it goes...

Thanks for your post/thread....

--hide--

Me too. Life's too short to be cynical. Thanks for your post!

01/18/2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Apparently this is the new hobby. I didn't know this until last night watching the n...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Apparently this is the new hobby. I didn't know this until last night watching the news that it's called "catfishing" - MTV even has a show on about it where they have fakers meet these trusting people and reveal that they've been had. REALLY sad.

--hide--

It is very sad....and cruel.....
01/18/2013 new
Hard to say what happened.The Paper here locally has had a lot on him.I do believe he has to

say something soon.He knew early part of Dec about it & didn't tell ND until the 24th or 25th.
01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Wanted to see if anyone else is concerned about identity issues with the Manti Te'o story. ...

Wanted to see if anyone else is concerned about identity issues with the Manti Te'o story. I know many people think he was part of the hoax, but it sounds so sad, I think he was really that naive. Just because he's a football player doesn't mean he doesn't want to be loved for who he is. Or am I the naive one?

--hide--
I got a recorded message the other day with a lady's voice. I left her a message saying, "I realize this is only a recording, but that doesn't alter the fact that I love you." Haven't gotten a response yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! crossfingers biggrin

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I got a recorded message the other day with a lady's voice. I left her a message saying, &quo...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I got a recorded message the other day with a lady's voice. I left her a message saying, "I realize this is only a recording, but that doesn't alter the fact that I love you." Haven't gotten a response yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

--hide--

wide eyed laughing

01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I got a recorded message the other day with a lady's voice. I left her a message saying, &quo...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I got a recorded message the other day with a lady's voice. I left her a message saying, "I realize this is only a recording, but that doesn't alter the fact that I love you." Haven't gotten a response yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

--hide--

Good luck with that! laughing laughing

01/18/2013 new
I can see where it would be hard for a kid to come forth about this. Honestly I think the kid should be left to live in peace. I really believe he's a victim.
01/18/2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Good luck with that!

Good luck with that!

--hide--
I'm a little too shy to have made it as a stand up comic, but I enjoy making folks laugh- especially my granddaughter when she's in a grumpy mood!

About this young football player, I wish the media would just let it go. The kid's personal life is none of our business- the only thing relevant is his future football career.

Posts 21 - 30 of 71