Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 18th 2013 new

Latest update on that story . . . she's real, he's the fake.
eyepopping scratchchin

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Latest update on that story . . . she's real, he's the fake.
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

--hide--

Just read this.. All seems strange.. scratchchin Seems like truth may never be known... the full story seems like a tangled web.

sports.yahoo.com

Jan 19th 2013 new

Can someone really afford to have on online relationship for that long without making sure that you see the other person in person?

sports.yahoo.com

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Latest update on that story . . . she's real, he's the fake.
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

--hide--

His acqauintance has come forward and admitted he set it up so how can you say she's real?

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Leah-246793 said: Can someone really afford to have on online relationship for that long without making sure that yo...
(Quote) Leah-246793 said:

Can someone really afford to have on online relationship for that long without making sure that you see the other person in person?

sports.yahoo.com

--hide--

We have a local woman that works as a life coach and according to her interview I heard on the radio this morning, people with serious commitment phobias can and do have relationships like this..

Look at the scenario.. He is a college football player with limited free time available to travel I imagine.. She is allegedly a young woman with cancer..There will be doctors appointments, treatments that will prevent travel.. It would be very easy to pull off a hoax like this if you have a gullible young man at the one side of it. She could hold off a meeting indefinitely.

Jan 19th 2013 new
I couldn't agree with you more Donna. Thank you for that perspective. I don't know why this story makes me empathize with this young man so much, but it does. Leave this kid alone I say. Nobody has any right to stand in judgment and we are cautioned to "judge not". He owes the public nothing. Let him be I say. To me it's all one big gossip-fest, full of conjecture, and faulty conclusions. I say let the kid be. I hope he can have a good life.
Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said:... They have determined that males don't reach their full brain psychological maturity until about ag...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:... They have determined that males don't reach their full brain psychological maturity until about age 26..

--hide--

26 for men. Should be younger for women but what age?

Read many years ago that a person should be an "adult" by age 28.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: I couldn't agree with you more Donna. Thank you for that perspective. I don't know why this story...
(Quote) John-746882 said: I couldn't agree with you more Donna. Thank you for that perspective. I don't know why this story makes me empathize with this young man so much, but it does. Leave this kid alone I say. Nobody has any right to stand in judgment and we are cautioned to "judge not". He owes the public nothing. Let him be I say. To me it's all one big gossip-fest, full of conjecture, and faulty conclusions. I say let the kid be. I hope he can have a good life.
--hide--

So totally agree. I think I empathize with him because it is hard enough to give yourself in trust to another and then to find you have been the butt of a cruel joke and THEN to have it tossed around as fodder in the media must be absolutely devastating. If he can get through this I will have so much respect for this young man that I would vote for him (if anyone'd want my vote! I'm not a big football expert smile ) for any football award. I hope he has some good people in his life who love him and will walk with him through this awful situation.

Jan 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: So totally agree. I think I empathize with him because it is hard enough to give yourself in trust t...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

So totally agree. I think I empathize with him because it is hard enough to give yourself in trust to another and then to find you have been the butt of a cruel joke and THEN to have it tossed around as fodder in the media must be absolutely devastating. If he can get through this I will have so much respect for this young man that I would vote for him (if anyone'd want my vote! I'm not a big football expert ) for any football award. I hope he has some good people in his life who love him and will walk with him through this awful situation.

--hide--

I have a lot of compassion for anyone who is the focus of national media attention. It can make a person afraid to react normally because they realize it is no longer a private matter.....not a good place to be! The media assumes everyone has a "right to know", but do they ever consider at the end of the day they are reporting on real people?

When Andrew passed away breaking news reported his death before I had time to call/talk to anyone. And a news truck was camped out at my work and the funeral home shortly there after. So yes, I guess my opinion is most likely not an impartial one even though I don't personally know this young man.....
Jan 19th 2013 new

I was at the dentist's office and CNN was on. They were analyzing the timelines and dissecting the words of other news reports, interviews and bits of information in an attempt to get to the bottom of this. rolling eyes rolling eyes This is not a public official entrusted with declaring war, raising taxes or spending public funds. With everything else going in the world, you would think that CNN would have something better to do than analyze a football player's dating life. Granted, people in the public eye face greater scrutiny than the average citizen, but the attention paid to "getting to the bottom of this" is a bit over the top.

All of us engaging in the online world of meeting people need to be aware of the pitfalls and dangers, and how hurtful those could be. Perhaps because of that, I do feel some sympathy for him. I don't need to know the timeline and what the private details of his conversations with this person were.

Posts 31 - 40 of 71