Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: On a related note, here's one of my favorite quotes: “People are often unrea...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

On a related note, here's one of my favorite quotes:

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.

If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

- Posted on the wall in Mother Teresa’s convent in Calcutta

--hide--

Very nice posts Kristen!!
Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Kirsten, I think there is such a genuine hunger for people to connect and the online arena is a prime pla...
(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Kirsten, I think there is such a genuine hunger for people to connect and the online arena is a prime place for those with cruel intentions to prey on people who are lonely and vulnerable.
--hide--

The more things change, the more they stay the same... St Augustine had it right so long ago: restless are our hearts until they come to rest in God's perfect love.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: On a related note, here's one of my favorite quotes: “People are often...

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

--hide--

Thanks Kristen, I love Mother Teresa and her wisdom. As far as Manti, I can definitely see him being sucked in, and I think the entire cancer thing was an attempt to remove her from the situation, she had to pass on the same day as his grandmother, or the gig would really be up for the perpetrator of the hoax. . .because surely the woman he loves would want to be there for him at such a time, but given she was a made up profile, she couldn't be. It makes me sad that so much time and energy is being expended on this.

It is most probably in an effort to disparage him in the first place and it definitely embarrasses not only him, but his family, his school, his friends. Leave the boy alone and if we are going to talk about this, lets talk about the fact that there are so many people vulnerable to such relationships in the first place.

Scammers abound who attempt to prey upon people who are lonely, want desperately to be loved, etc. And, kids are doing this "catfish" thing all over the place. I think one of the young women who recently committed suicide after a round of cyber bullying included the bully creating an online boy who became the boyfriend of the girl in question, then broke up with her in an ugly way, etc. It isn't funny and it isn't right, but it happens. And, yes, they can carry it on for quite awhile.

Makes me sad for him and for everyone else that this happens to.

Jan 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: On a related note, here's one of my favorite quotes: “People are often...

--hide--

Hi Kristen! I so love this!! I had it posted on my kitchen wall before I moved. Thank you for reminding me of it! Chelle

Jan 20th 2013 new

Okay Donn, let me explain . . . scratchchin . . . I WAS JOKING!

duck duck

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Okay Donn, let me explain . . . . . . I WAS JOKING!
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

Okay Donn, let me explain . . . . . . I WAS JOKING!

--hide--

thumbsup

Jan 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Wanted to see if anyone else is concerned about identity issues with the Manti Te'o story. ...

Wanted to see if anyone else is concerned about identity issues with the Manti Te'o story. I know many people think he was part of the hoax, but it sounds so sad, I think he was really that naive. Just because he's a football player doesn't mean he doesn't want to be loved for who he is. Or am I the naive one?

--hide--

Well, this evening I received a collect call from the local prison for an individual named. I did not accept this call. He was on the current inmate registry as arrested yesterday for drug possession.

I believe I received this call because of my easy home phone number and after some reflection decided it was not due to any interactions here or on Facebook.

However, the reality is, guarding our identities and address is important.

And as to whether there could be fake women or fake men on this site - Manti Te'o story would prove that it is possible.

Jan 20th 2013 new

If online dating could possibly get a worse rep this guys gone ahead and done it. My son told me a fuuny joke though, What's the difference between Tebowing and Te'oing? People believe God exists.

Jan 20th 2013 new

Learning A Lesson From Manti Te’o's Fake Girlfriend

www.catholicmatch.com

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said:Learning A Lesson From Manti Te’o's Fake Girlfriend www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:Learning A Lesson From Manti Te’o's Fake Girlfriend

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

Nice article. Thanks Brian.

Posts 51 - 60 of 71