Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: What is wrong with the forum today. lol.
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

What is wrong with the forum today. lol.

--hide--

Ok. THAT gets posted but not my three other responses. Lol. Basically, what I am trying to say is that I feel almost no calling to the nunery. I want to get married. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. However, I am a worrier. I worry that God wants me to be a nun, but I am scared of the answer.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Ok. THAT gets posted but not my three other responses. Lol. Basically, what I am tr...

Ok. THAT gets posted but not my three other responses. Lol. Basically, what I am trying to say is that I feel almost no calling to the nunery. I want to get married. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. However, I am a worrier. I worry that God wants me to be a nun, but I am scared of the answer.

--hide--

I am praying about it, though. Almost every job I have had I have worked with kids. I want a husband and a family. What I think people may be missing is that this is more me being worried about the answer God will give me. I feel so much anxiety about this right now.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I am praying about it, though. Almost every job I have had I have worked with kids....

I am praying about it, though. Almost every job I have had I have worked with kids. I want a husband and a family. What I think people may be missing is that this is more me being worried about the answer God will give me. I feel so much anxiety about this right now.

--hide--

I am not so interested in the nunery (at least right now) that I feel I need a spirtual director.

Feb 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I am not so interested in the nunery (at least right now) that I feel I need a spirtual di...

I am not so interested in the nunery (at least right now) that I feel I need a spirtual director.

--hide--

You don't have to be discerning being a Nun to have a spiritual director. I have one who has been a blessing to me while allowing God time to heal my heart from the loss of my child....
Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: You don't have to be discerning being a Nun to have a spiritual director. I have one who has...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

You don't have to be discerning being a Nun to have a spiritual director. I have one who has been a blessing to me while allowing God time to heal my heart from the loss of my child....
--hide--

Do I need one if I were to want to become a nun to ask questions to, etc.

Feb 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Do I need one if I were to want to become a nun to ask questions to, etc.

Do I need one if I were to want to become a nun to ask questions to, etc.

--hide--

I think it is good to have one to discuss all big decisions regarding my spiritual life with. It is nice having a confessor who knows me and I don't have to rehash things with every time I go in. Father really started being more than just the Priest I we t to confession with after my loss..
Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: What is wrong with the forum today. lol.

What is wrong with the forum today. lol.

--hide--

Nothing wrong with the forum. The quoting problems with your previous posts (which I have just fixed) were because you inserted your response before the [ /quote ] tag. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the window before entering your text.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I am not so interested in the nunery (at least right now) that I feel I need a spirtual director...

--hide--

This is exactly why you DO need spiritual direction. Your desire is clearly in one direction, yet there seems to be something nudging you to pray discerning in the other.

Your desire, no matter how strong, is not necessarily what you are being called to do: if you read or listen to religious vocation stories many of them have a similar theme, where the person was leaning strongly toward marriage, refusing and fearful to accept they might be called toward religious life.

Of course, this does not necessarily mean that YOU are being called to religious life. Sometime the strong desire does turn out to be the calling, but many times it is not. This type of discernment is very difficult to do properly on your own without guidance. If you don't want to start by finding a spiritual director, perhaps you could investigate some of the religious orders and speak to the vocations contact at one or two that seem to be of interest. They have much experience in this area and will be able to provide you with some guidance.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: This is exactly why you DO need spiritual direction. Your
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

This is exactly why you DO need spiritual direction. Your desire is clearly in one direction, yet there seems to be something nudging you to pray discerning in the other.

Your desire, no matter how strong, is not necessarily what you are being called to do: if you read or listen to religious vocation stories many of them have a similar theme, where the person was leaning strongly toward marriage, refusing and fearful to accept they might be called toward religious life.

Of course, this does not necessarily mean that YOU are being called to religious life. Sometime the strong desire does turn out to be the calling, but many times it is not. This type of discernment is very difficult to do properly on your own without guidance. If you don't want to start by finding a spiritual director, perhaps you could investigate some of the religious orders and speak to the vocations contact at one or two that seem to be of interest. They have much experience in this area and will be able to provide you with some guidance.

--hide--

The only thing that "nudged" me to pray was the fact that people in this fora kept telling me to. It was almost a guilt trip (although no one's intention. The guilt trip was my own fault). The nunnery just doesn't seem appealing to me. There is nothing wrong with that. I know plenty of nuns, but it is not for me. I might do what you suggested but I am 95% certain I am not called towards it.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Am I wrong to want to get married even though I am still praying to God to help me discern? I de...

Am I wrong to want to get married even though I am still praying to God to help me discern? I desire to be a mom and a wife more than anything. However, I don't want to go against God's will and not at least pray about it because what if He wants me to be a nun? I know God will put it in my heart but my heart is hoping so hard to get married. I feel like others who say that they've known they have wanted to be married for a long time are not being criticized. Yet I am feeling criticized for not properly discerning even though I know this is no one's intention and people are trying to be helpful.

--hide--

Don't feel criticized Marita, I think your doing the right things and this will help you grow closer to God in the end. I'm no one's spiritual director, but I do know to do this right you have to truly summit your will and your Hart to God's will. This needs to be done turthly from the bottom of your heart. Then he will lead you to the path he wants you to take.

The best advice I can offer is the Mexican saying " Pray and then take action." Meaning spend sometime in deep prayer and then take some type of action ( talk to a Nun, go on a date or retreat, something)

I hope that is a little helpful to you.

Posts 141 - 150 of 200