Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Hmmm. I guess I'll know when/if I meet the one. I don't feel called to the clergy, but I don't know if ...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Hmmm. I guess I'll know when/if I meet the one. I don't feel called to the clergy, but I don't know if I'm called to stay single. So, if there isn't a husband out there for me, I'll have my answer!
--hide--

How is the arranged marriage you were going to talk to your mother about going? rosary
Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-149694 said: Here in Western NC we whine over our beer. It's too cold -- though I do appreciate tha...
(Quote) Jim-149694 said:

Here in Western NC we whine over our beer. It's too cold -- though I do appreciate that the cold, dark and windy days so closely match my mood. People say, "Hi, how are you?" and I can just wave my hand at the sky vaguely and say, "Like that".

Of course if you ask a lady here how she feels about you she can wave at the sky and "like that" to you so you have to be careful.

:')

NC Jim

--hide--

the Crosses that each of us must bear Jim, the Crosses each of us must bear biggrin If i can put together a Central FL meetup,, i'll def send you an invite. biggrin Praying

Jan 23rd 2013 new

I knew at some point in my 18th year. it was a recurring vision as if already fact. I still know that is my Vocation.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

thanks to John for his comments on marriage.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Honestly, I don't know for sure. I have a sense that marriage is the vocation God has in mind for me, but it's hard to discern this without someone to discern WITH. I think it would be much more clear if there was a face on the mystery man of my dreams.

In the meantime I'm seeking to give God every opportunity to introduce me to my spouse. Additionally I will be living at a Dominican convent for two weeks in May. Trying to keep my heart open!

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-894237 said: Honestly, I don't know for sure. I have a sense that marriage is the vocation God has in ...
(Quote) Christine-894237 said:

Honestly, I don't know for sure. I have a sense that marriage is the vocation God has in mind for me, but it's hard to discern this without someone to discern WITH. I think it would be much more clear if there was a face on the mystery man of my dreams.

In the meantime I'm seeking to give God every opportunity to introduce me to my spouse. Additionally I will be living at a Dominican convent for two weeks in May. Trying to keep my heart open!

--hide--

That is beautiful Christine! May the Lord bless you in both endeavors and reveal His plan through your JOY.

Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I'd like to hear from a widow/widower who has actually gone through marriage.
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I'd like to hear from a widow/widower who has actually gone through marriage.

--hide--

I guess we don't know ourselves that well. Only God knows our perfect match. Given all consideration-- even finding that perfect match may not lead to a life of marriage and happiness. if marriage is a mystery, then we'll all have to be brave and find out.
Jan 23rd 2013 new

I do not feel I am called to the sacrament. I feel it is distrubing as a man for me to want to get married. There is so sort of perversion if you seek out such a vocation without the other's permission. HOWEVER, I do feel I cannot keep my light under a basket. With the gifts the Lord has given me they appear to be suited for marriage. I build those traits so if there is that moment then I am fully ready. There will be so many obstacles either missing or reduced in a marriage with me on the lessons I have leared from the married.

My life has been to develop the traits for a husband instead of that of a religious or parish priest. I meet regularly women several years older than me and younger than me that marriage probably would have been great if that age difference was not there. I will be that age someday and she will get older too. So I just keep Jesus as my focus and put effort into meeting a woman who is running the race the same as me. My face is set like flint; so rejection is not a hurdle.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

When and how did you come to realize that you were called to the Sacrament of Matrimony?

--hide--

I think deep down we all have a desire to be loved and to share love.

One quote I came across that rang so true to me when I was feeling so heartbroken was the following :

"To Love and Be Loved is the greatest happiness"

I realize we can be instruments of God's love outside of marriage but sometimes a little help from another human being can help.
I pray for all of us singles to find that true and pure love that comes from God and to spread it with others.

Blessings ...
hug theheart
Kathleen Praying

Jan 23rd 2013 new

I just thought I'd share this link that I find very inspiring from Vicka, the reported Medjugorje visionary, regarding marriage... for anyone interested
:)
www.medjugorje.org

Posts 81 - 90 of 200