Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 27th 2013 new

Loretta you mean he plain left you for that? OMG The men today are very picky and that is because the woman are not!@ I to have my eye on a man from Colorado but he won't budge so I will move on even though I would love to meet him and would move in a heart beat to:)

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: Yes, they can work but you have to be dedicated to making it work. I can finally say I'm livi...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

Yes, they can work but you have to be dedicated to making it work. I can finally say I'm living proof of this.

--hide--

Brian,

I just looked at your picture! Congrats! Did you guys meet on here? What state is she from? We get to hear the success story, yes? I'm very happy for you. I'll miss you in St. Thomas Moore when you scoot to be sure!

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: (Quote) Andrew-290721 said: Of course long-distance can work, but that doesn&...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Quote:
Andrew-290721 said: Of course long-distance can work, but that doesn't mean that it is advisable or realistic for everyone. The biggest problem with long-distance relationships is that in the end, at least one party has to give up everything. That is a lot to ask of anyone, and it can result in an imbalanced relationship. If A gives up everything to marry B, is B willing to give A 100%? Will B never forget the great sacrifice that A made? Will A resist the temptation to lord that sacrifice over A? Maybe, maybe not. Other than that, I personally know of no substitute for in-person contact, lots of it. If I ever get to meet someone worth considering, I want a lot more time together before marriage than a long-distance relationship is likely to allow me. Like Joe, the realities hurt me, because it seems that all the decent ladies live nowhere near me-- but I have to deal with that. I often think of Abraham getting impatient and trying to "help" God by having a child (Ishmael) with his servant instead of being patient and waiting for God's promise to come true with Sarah. What a mess that made! When God is ready, He will send someone for me.

I agree with you, Andrew. I am one of those people who believe if you ask for God to send you what you need, He will. We just need to wait for God's time, not ours. In God's good time, I am sure he will send someone for you.

- Elizabeth

The time to act is now if you wait you will become old and uninterested in anyone because you will be use to living alone.

--hide--

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-660568 said: Can a long-distance relationship REALLY work out? We often begin relationships with a dreamy imagin...
(Quote) Joe-660568 said:

Can a long-distance relationship REALLY work out? We often begin relationships with a dreamy imagination, but in reality, there is a
necessary physical element that completes a relationship... so are people SERIOUS when they say they indicate that location doesn't matter? For example, it seems like transportation costs and travel time are forgotten about; that is, until the travel bill is $600 every time you meet the person. Then you have to plan weekends over a more squeezed schedule due to recovery from travel, etc. This, in turn, lessens the frequency of the
physical time spent together, etc. Sad, given the great pool of lovely, wholesome, and incredibly cute women on this site.

--hide--
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be happy to do a LDR with someone living in Florida or any place else warm....laughing laughing laughing

Seriously though, why not use distance to help grow in friendship first the way we are supposed to grow....it is possible.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-926029 said: Loretta you mean he plain left you for that? OMG The men today are very picky and that is because...
(Quote) Nancy-926029 said:

Loretta you mean he plain left you for that? OMG The men today are very picky and that is because the woman are not!@ I to have my eye on a man from Colorado but he won't budge so I will move on even though I would love to meet him and would move in a heart beat to:)

--hide--
Welcome to the forums, Nancy. I'm not sure which post you are replying to since you didn't hit quote and reply....just some tech advice....anyway, welcome.

Jan 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Brian-699857 said: Thanks Jacqueline! Oh, and yes w're very much on the same page when it comes to politics ...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

Thanks Jacqueline! Oh, and yes w're very much on the same page when it comes to politics

--hide--

Good! I remember from the forums that you wrote that you wanted to find someone with a similar political outlook, so the two of you can be on the same page about politics. Probably that was around election time.

Anyway, couples finding each other on this site, to the point of engagement and marriage, is a success story for all of us!

lady's handkerchief knight-errant theheart
Jan 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: There needs to be a clearcut timeline in the minds of both parties.. My ex lives here in Ind...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

There needs to be a clearcut timeline in the minds of both parties.. My ex lives here in Indiana.. He lives about a half mile from where I am sitting right now. He has been in an LDR with a woman in TX since our son was about 8...Drew is now almost 26. 'She has only been to visit here once in 16 years'. So, about every three months he gets in his car and drives to TX to see her for 10 days or so and they take a vacation in the summer which usually includes several of her Phillipino relatives.. Very weird to me.. He will be 69 this year.. I am not willing to undertake an LDR at this age that doesn't give me a clear idea that it is going somewhere.. I may as well be finding a guy on prisoners.com, if I'm still doing everything alone.

--hide--

This is a very good point. To some people, an ongoing relationship without marriage is exactly what they want.
Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-660568 said: Can a long-distance relationship REALLY work out? We often begin relationships with a dreamy imagin...
(Quote) Joe-660568 said:

Can a long-distance relationship REALLY work out? We often begin relationships with a dreamy imagination, but in reality, there is a
necessary physical element that completes a relationship... so are people SERIOUS when they say they indicate that location doesn't matter? For example, it seems like transportation costs and travel time are forgotten about; that is, until the travel bill is $600 every time you meet the person. Then you have to plan weekends over a more squeezed schedule due to recovery from travel, etc. This, in turn, lessens the frequency of the
physical time spent together, etc. Sad, given the great pool of lovely, wholesome, and incredibly cute women on this site.

--hide--

I will cross the Pacific Ocean , climb Mt. Everest if need be.

Honestly, one cannot put monetary value on love.

Jan 27th 2013 new

I think back to the stories from my Mom and my Aunts. When their "fella's" were off at war they did it the old fashion way. They wrote letters. What a wonderful art that is now becoming extinct.

Nowadays, we have so many advantages...Skype, IM, texting, emailing etc. Granted you don't have the physical touch but does the time apart not build on the anticipation of being together.

Have we become a society that is only interested if we get instant gratification. To me part of the fun of dating is the unknown, the anticipation and especially the flirting. For example: When the phone rings and you are not expecting a call and your heart skips a beat for a minute because it is a suprise call just to hear your voice or to say good night.

I was in a LDR many years ago and it was more fun LDR then when I moved closer. When I moved closer he did not put in the same effort as he
did when we were apart. I guess he figured he could see me whenever he wanted so the little extra things weren't necessary.

I guess what I am saying is that it doesn't matter if you are close by or a LDR either way a relationship takes commitment, effort and (at times)sacrifice to make it work.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Brian,I just looked at your picture! Congrats! Did you guys meet on here? What s...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Brian,

I just looked at your picture! Congrats! Did you guys meet on here? What state is she from? We get to hear the success story, yes? I'm very happy for you. I'll miss you in St. Thomas Moore when you scoot to be sure!

--hide--

Thanks Cheryl. Yes, we met on CM. Valerie took out a one month membership early last year, and then found me in her search. She's from California, and at the time I was still in Phoenix. I'll see what I can put together for a success story.

Posts 61 - 70 of 92