Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 2nd 2013 new

I dare speculate that nearly all Catholics witnessing JPII kiss a Koran would not originally and immediately jump to the conclusion that he was, in some way, betraying the Catholic Church. I think they would want to know more of the situation and the context of the action. I would think that they would wonder if perhaps there were some valid reason why JPII did this action. It seems like rather conspiratorial thinking (to me) that the first thought would be that the leader of the Catholic Church is somehow betraying it.

Ed

Feb 2nd 2013 new

I have recently watched and read up on subliminal messages in television and art. I came across a video which stated that the San Damiano cross has a phallus hidden on the stomach of Christ.

en.wikipedia.org

After watching and reading up on subliminals I took my crucifix off the wall and started to examine it. I found a phallus on it too. I also found a skull on Jesus's right hip which was hidden in his loincloth, his feet of were unusually long as were the toes and resembled the feet of Satan. I came to the conclusion that whoever made the cross put those messages there deliberately to mock Jesus.

I bought the cross in a small Catholic shop Via della Conciliazione which means 'way of reconciliation' in 1987 when Pope John Paul II was the Pope. Subliminal messages have been used for thousands of years and historically Popes would have to examine all artwork to search for these very dangerous types of hidden messages.

What type of Pope does not check artwork for this very serious crime?.. I think that alone should convince anyone that he was not a good Pope, and when examining him further one can resonably conclude that he was not a good man either.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Do you not know that the original San Damiano Cross (Crusifix) was created around the year 1100 AD? All San Damiano Crosses since then are copies/representations of the original. By your logic, that would mean that there has been not "good pope" (your words) since 1100 AD... since this cross has existed for over 900 years. Is that what you believe?

If you look closely at the clouds passing by your house, it is possible to see animals, silly things, evil things and sexual things.... if you just look hard enough.

One can find evil and conspiracy around every corner, under every rock and within every person.... if he just looks hard enough and has made up his mind that he will find it.... even when it doesn't exist. I have come to the conclusion over the years that it is nearly pointless and futile to change someones mind when they are determined to find evil and conspiracy in everything.

It is also impossible to convince someone that we landed on the moon in 1969 if that person is determined to believe that the moon landing was a staged event created on a movie set.

It is also impossible to convince someone that humans created the pyramids of Egypt if that person is determined to believe that the pyramids were the work of aliens from outer space.

And finally, you wrote that the icon of Christ (in the San Damiano cross) had feet that "were unusually long as were the toes and resembled the feet of Satan". I've never seen a photograph of Satan's feet and I really doubt that one exists. scratchchin Given that, how you know that Christ's feet and toes (in the cross) resembled those of Satan is completely beyond me. rolling eyes If you study a lot of religious icon artwork you will notice that physical human features are no necessarily exactly a average dimensions.

Ed

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: What type of Pope does not check artwork for this very serious crime?.. I think that alone should ...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

What type of Pope does not check artwork for this very serious crime?.. I think that alone should convince anyone that he was not a good Pope, and when examining him further one can resonably conclude that he was not a good man either.

--hide--

In addition to supporting Ed's comments, I'll put forth two practical problems:

While an international network of crucifix inspectors might go a long way to helping reduce world-wide unemployment, the cost of same would all but guarantee that most people would be unable to afford a crucifix.

Iutside of Vatican City, what authority would said inspectors have to inspect every crucifix, much less prevent the sale of those found to be objectionable:

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I dare speculate that nearly all Catholics witnessing JPII kiss a Koran would not originally and imme...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I dare speculate that nearly all Catholics witnessing JPII kiss a Koran would not originally and immediately jump to the conclusion that he was, in some way, betraying the Catholic Church. I think they would want to know more of the situation and the context of the action. I would think that they would wonder if perhaps there were some valid reason why JPII did this action. It seems like rather conspiratorial thinking (to me) that the first thought would be that the leader of the Catholic Church is somehow betraying it.

Ed

--hide--
You are probably correct.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: I'm sorry but I cant agree with , well anything you have said. You are basically s...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

I'm sorry but I cant agree with , well anything you have said. You are basically saying if you don't convert to Christianity you are doomed. That means everyone before 32AD is in Hell. Gandhi is in Hell, every Moslem, Jew Buddhist, Taoist, Confussionist is dammed. Thats not correct or morally right.

As to Dylan the answer is himself, as it is with all of us thats basic Catechism. Even Hitler and Stalin could be be in Heaven if with their last breath they asked for the Forgivness of God and meant it then the slate is clean and they get to spend eternity in Paradise.

All so you may wish to remember that Hitler, Himmler, Gorbels, Goring and Speers were all raised Catholic, as was Henry VIII who was so devout was given the Papal Honour of Defender of the Faith. The fact that the Church cursed the Jews as the Murderers of Christ for a thousand years doesn't make the Jews evil. JP2 rescinded the decree and publicly apologised to the Jews for the that belief and persecution in Jerusalem in 1998.

It is our duty as Christians to convert by example as many as we can to belief in OUR LORD JESUS but that belief is NOT a precondition to salvation, In the City of Heaven St Thomas Aquinas supports this view as does St Thomas More.

As Christ said judge not lest thee be judged, and again more things happen between Heaven and Earth than is every known to Man.

Remember what the Prophet Micah says. The way to Eternal Life is to love tenderly, life justly and walk humbly with your God. He makes no insistence that your god has to be THE GOD, salvation lies with your life and your choices, and your adherence to your faiths laws and beliefs.

All faiths from Confucius to Christianity believe in One Supreme Being its the Name that differs Allah, Yahweh, God is still GOD THE GOD OUR GOD He Who Is, He goes by MANY NAMES

--hide--

God is the judge, and all will be revealed at the end. But, everyone in Heaven, by definition, know by sight that Jesus Christ is God, and as one hierarch put it, how would you spend eternity knowing that...and not give praise and worship to Him as God?

Thus, there will only be Christians in Heaven.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: I originally viewed Pope John Paul II's act of kissing the Koran as a betrayal of our church. ...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

I originally viewed Pope John Paul II's act of kissing the Koran as a betrayal of our church. If I'm wrong I would like to be debated on the points of my argument. Let the debate on the kissing of the Koran be centered on the act of indifference, and compare the warnings of Pius X to JP II. There are many types of indifference and I would like to reach a better understanding.

--hide--
Here is a response I found in which there may be doubt that it was a Koran at all! Yikes.If true, time me for me to go to confession!Again! tombstone The Internet rumor mill strikes again! www.freerepublic.com

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: God is the judge, and all will be revealed at the end. But, everyone in Heaven, by defi...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

God is the judge, and all will be revealed at the end. But, everyone in Heaven, by definition, know by sight that Jesus Christ is God, and as one hierarch put it, how would you spend eternity knowing that...and not give praise and worship to Him as God?

--hide--

How and who are saved is up to God, but all who are saved will be part of the Church Triumphant. That's all that means.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: A Pope kissing the Koran is Shocking to a Cathol...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

A Pope kissing the Koran is Shocking to a Catholic.Just saying.

Just curious: why is that shocking TO YOU?

I am not judging just looking for information.

--hide--
Now there may be doubt that it was a Koran after all.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: God is the judge, and all will be revealed at the end. But, everyone in Heaven, by defi...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

God is the judge, and all will be revealed at the end. But, everyone in Heaven, by definition, know by sight that Jesus Christ is God, and as one hierarch put it, how would you spend eternity knowing that...and not give praise and worship to Him as God? a

--hide--
I would say Pope Benedict XV new the problems in the church as early as 1917 and Maybe this is why our Pope now choose to be Benedict XVI. Read this encyclical from 1917 and see if you agree. I think it is spot on, at least here in the USA,www.vatican.va

Posts 121 - 130 of 200