Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

01/22/2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said In the most related case, that of Emmanuel Milingo, he continued to lead a schismatic prelature e...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said

In the most related case, that of Emmanuel Milingo, he continued to lead a schismatic prelature even after being defrocked, becoming the "patriarch" of the "Ecumenical Catholic Apostolic Church of Peace," (a garage sect) the very year afterward.

--hide--

I'll have to back track on that last sentence somewhat. The sect mentioned is one of the spinter pseudo-Catholic "churches" being formed out of Old Catholic groups by the Rev. Sun Myoung Moon, a man who is also interested in having the world see him as a "messiah." Many of the Old Catholic groups incorporate Theosophy into their ideas, so this is not as farfetched as it may seem at first, and in fact he has planted several of these sects as "Peace EMbassies" in Zambia, Camaroon, Uganda, and Kenya.

barthsnotes.com

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: I'll have to back track on that last sentence somewhat. The sect mentioned is one o...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

I'll have to back track on that last sentence somewhat. The sect mentioned is one of the spinter pseudo-Catholic "churches" being formed out of Old Catholic groups by the Rev. Sun Myoung Moon, a man who is also interested in having the world see him as a "messiah." Many of the Old Catholic groups incorporate Theosophy into their ideas, so this is not as farfetched as it may seem at first, and in fact he has planted several of these sects as "Peace EMbassies" in Zambia, Camaroon, Uganda, and Kenya.

barthsnotes.com

--hide--

Didn't the Rev. Moon die a while back?

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Didn't the Rev. Moon die a while back?
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Didn't the Rev. Moon die a while back?

--hide--

He finally died about four months ago in September of last year. His businesses, including persumably his Unification Church, is being run by his children, Hyung Jin Moon and Kook Jin Moon, who are in their 30s now.

en.wikipedia.org

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: John, the most important thing you have to understand is that what you label Vatican II Policy, has absol...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: John, the most important thing you have to understand is that what you label Vatican II Policy, has absolutely nothing to do with Vatican II. The monstrosities you call Vatican II churches only connection with Vatican II was that they were built after VII. They merely demonstrate the bad taste of architects, idiot priests and even worse Bishops

Oh, Novus Ordo does not mean New World Order. Simply translated it is New Order which refers soly to the new rubrics or order for the Mass.

--hide--

I have my doubts that the architectural change was simply happenstance. I think the people who control the money make the decisions on architecture just as they did with the changes in the mass itself. From the birth of the church the Catholic Monarchies controlled the issuance of money, the relevant geographical cultures and military for defense of the church. All Roman Catholic Monarchies were abolished after WW2 by the Roosevelt administration. It is a well know fact that FDR was a central banker.

When critical thinking is applied to our history beginning with the end of the civil war, we see the birth of the American central bank take place. The central bank needs to knock out the Monarchies in order for their families to rule the world, hence, New World Order is opposed to the Old Roman Catholic Order.

The Novus Ordus mass is really New World Order run by the American central bank. They are also known historically as a den of vipers, and are Christ Killers, and, enemies of our church. The modern architecture and Novus Ordus mass are from the same root and Catholics need to know the true history of our church. The central bankers are the ones who control all religions using the cover of the federal government and through tax scheme exemptions.

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Why are you so hostile to them Peter? I'm just learning about the SSPX, the Tradition...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

Why are you so hostile to them Peter? I'm just learning about the SSPX, the Traditional movement, and the Novus Ordus mass which I previously referred to as the Vatican II mass. What I learned is that there has been many (schisms) which is now a new word in my vocabulary.

I've recently found out that the Traditional church has broke away from the SSPX which (from my understanding) was the original Traditional church under Marcel Lefebvre of France. And then there's Novus Ordus which seems to mean New World Order. I've seen Bishop Willamson on video and just from what I see (and not know about him) is that he appears to have a genuinely good character, oppposed to many (not all) clownish type Priests who perform the Novus Ordus mass.

I don't think that every Catholic knows what changes have taken place since VII.

I grew up in New Jersey which is a very liberal state or which became at one point. I remember coming into a connecting town and seeing a newly constructed church during a feast, and upon first site thought it was a Protestant church. I later found out it was a Catholic church, and was actually a replacement church for the existing one which was knocked down. I didn't know it at the time but it was a Vatican II church. Vatican II changed the architecture of the original church going back some two thousand years. The original church was shaped as a cross facing the heavens. The VII church was in a modern type of arcitecture and inside it was a semi circle. The exterior was disporportinate and I found it strange..

But eventually I attended mass there, and many years later I pulled up their website and started looking at pictures of the feast they have every year. I used to work the stands there. Well, what I found when looking at the pictures was a overall degeneracy of character. The men I once knew were clownish in their appearance. If you go back a hundred years and look at pictures of the parishinors in that same church you will find a astute charcater that is always on guard. The new character is very careless, and self centered.

I believe the metamorphosis in charcater among today's Catholic men in the church I once attended was due to the VII policy. I believe that they have no idea what actually took place or how their environment was changed for the worse. I think that the schismatics in the church are not good and I think we should not turn our backs on the now different sects of Catholism.

How do you feel about this?

--hide--

The genuine traditional Church was founded by a fellow called Jesus Christ, not Marcel Lefebvre. The SSPX has broken away from it.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: The genuine traditional Church was founded by a fellow called Jesus Chr...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

The genuine traditional Church was founded by a fellow called Jesus Christ, not Marcel Lefebvre. The SSPX has broken away from it.

--hide--

Isn't Vatican II the breakaway sect?

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Isn't Vatican II the breakaway sect?

--hide--

No, it is not a sect of any kind. It was a council.

Now I suppose if one thinks that the whole Catholic Church is a sham and that Christ abandoned His Church for a milenia and a half until the SSPX had some kind of private revelation telling them that they were going to restore the Church, one might entertain the possibility that a couple rogue bishops might be the ones holding the deposit of faith, not the Bishop of Rome.

But at that point you might as well become a Mormon. That is pretty much their claim to legitimacy as well.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: I have my doubts that the architectural change was simply happenstance. I think the peopl...

I have my doubts that the architectural change was simply happenstance. I think the people who control the money make the decisions on architecture just as they did with the changes in the mass itself. From the birth of the church the Catholic Monarchies controlled the issuance of money, the relevant geographical cultures and military for defense of the church. All Roman Catholic Monarchies were abolished after WW2 by the Roosevelt administration. It is a well know fact that FDR was a central banker.

When critical thinking is applied to our history beginning with the end of the civil war, we see the birth of the American central bank take place. The central bank needs to knock out the Monarchies in order for their families to rule the world, hence, New World Order is opposed to the Old Roman Catholic Order.

The Novus Ordus mass is really New World Order run by the American central bank. They are also known historically as a den of vipers, and are Christ Killers, and, enemies of our church. The modern architecture and Novus Ordus mass are from the same root and Catholics need to know the true history of our church. The central bankers are the ones who control all religions using the cover of the federal government and through tax scheme exemptions.

--hide--

Okay, so name all of the Catholic monarchies abolished by Roosevelt.

This is all just conspiracy nut silliness.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: Isn't Vatican II the breakaway sect?

--hide--

John, have you ever read even one of the Vatican II documents?

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: No, it is not a sect of any kind. It was a council. Now I suppose if one thinks that the whole Cat...
(Quote) John-336509 said: No, it is not a sect of any kind. It was a council.

Now I suppose if one thinks that the whole Catholic Church is a sham and that Christ abandoned His Church for a milenia and a half until the SSPX had some kind of private revelation telling them that they were going to restore the Church, one might entertain the possibility that a couple rogue bishops might be the ones holding the deposit of faith, not the Bishop of Rome.

But at that point you might as well become a Mormon. That is pretty much their claim to legitimacy as well.

--hide--

I understand VII to be a sect, it really could be seen as a schism since it came about in 1962 which is 1,637 years after the First Council of Nicaea. To my understanding the SSPX was founded in 1970 to counter VII.

Posts 21 - 30 of 200