Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: You're giving me a lot of homework Chelsea lol thanks for the post ED.
(Quote) John-711000 said:

You're giving me a lot of homework Chelsea lol thanks for the post ED.

--hide--
There are two FSSP chapels in Colorado.Colorado Springs and Littleton, Co.www.fssp.org

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: No accusations, just historical facts according to the timelines. FDR was an enemy of the...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

No accusations, just historical facts according to the timelines. FDR was an enemy of the church as are all central bankers who have not only infilitrated but done quite a bit to damage and weaken our church.

The Muslim immigration into Europe and threat to the church is very real and should be a concern to any Christian. The Monarchies worked as a group united in Christ. If one falls then they all fall. All the RCM were always aware of this.

--hide--

The reverse is true; accusations are the only thing that have been made, you have not entered any (relevant) historical facts into the discussion.

You made the following statement:

The Roman Catholic Monarchies were always under attack by the enemies of Christ. It's a known fact that FDR was an central banker, and satanic cult member. The historical timeline 1940-46 strongly indicates if not proves the Roosevelt administration abolished the RC Monarchies of Europe.

When asked to list the Catholic Monarchies abolished by FDR, you were unable to come up with so much as one single example (and no, a monarchy that was not abolished until after FDR was dead does not count!)

You accuse FDR of being a member of a Satanic cult with no evidence to back it up whatsoever. Even if it were true, it does not prove he had a hand in the demise of any monarchy anywhere.

You accuse FDR of "being a central banker." Even if that is granted, it does not prove that he had the hand of any monarchy anywhere.

The Muslim immigration into Europe proves nothing about who is responsible for the fall of any monarchy anywhere.

Your contention that "the Monarchies worked as a group united in Christ" is also completely unsupported by the facts. They spent a tremendous time warring against each other.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The Leonine prayers (No. 4) were recommended by Pope Leo XIII to be said after every lo...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

The Leonine prayers (No. 4) were recommended by Pope Leo XIII to be said after every low mass for the intention of the liberation of the Vatican from the control of the Italian govt after the conquest of the Papal States by Garibaldi and the Masonic forces that fought for a united Italy under a secular government. After the Concordat with the Italian government that instituted Vatican City as an independent nation, the prayers were said for the conversion of Russia.

Thus, there is no reason at all for a priest so inclinded not to be able to do the Leonine prayers as a devotion after a low ordinary mass along with the faithful. Given every other "innovation," I'm surprised nobody has, other than for the reason that it wasn't one to begin with.

--hide--

Again, they were never an official part of the Mass. Even using your own words, Leo XIII recommended but did not require.

And I stand by what I said and I did end saying there was nothing wrong with using them, just they are not now nor were they ever an OFFICIAL part of the Mass.

I would also add, that they were not and have not been used in any church I ever attended in my youth or my adulthood. Obviously I am not saying that their use did not exist, just that were not used in my church going experience, even in any church I attended in Italy, Rome in particular, or in the seminary.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Only for one of three years in the ordinary form, if that. The ordinary form uses a thr...

Only for one of three years in the ordinary form, if that. The ordinary form uses a three year Lectionary for the Sundays, and a Two Year one for the Feria days.

--hide--

Get real, my point was and is that a person who bought a Novus Ordo missal when that form was introduced could still use the missal for the readings today. Or for the whole Mass for that matter. The English Translations may have changed but even that is not that different since most of the old translation at least conveyed the basic meaning of the Latin. The worst of the translation was the moronic attempt in using inclusive language. And that problem still exits to some extent with the latest approved translation.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-41230 said: Well Paul # 4 does read "The prayers after a Low Mass". But wit...
(Quote) Mike-41230 said:

Well Paul # 4 does read "The prayers after a Low Mass". But with that said the Leonine prayers are in my Ecclesia Dei Latin-English Booklet Missal for praying the Traditional Mass, right after the Last Gospel. It was printed in Oct. 2007.

And no Paul, the readings from this year's New Saint Joseph's Sunday Missal that we use at the Novus Ordo Mass for tomorrow, the 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time are not the same readings from last year's New Saint Joseph's Sunday Missal for the 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time. I have them both opened in front of me right now. But like Steven says, I'm sure if I kept the New Saint Joseph's Sunday Missal for the year 2010 the readings would be the same as what are in this year's. No big deal though, every parish around here sells the upcoming year's New Saint Joseph's Sunday Missal just before Advent for about four bucks.

--hide--

I will repeat my point; a person who bought and used a missaql when the Novus Ordo was introduced, can still use that missal today. The three year cycle for Sundays and 2 year for week day masses does not change that fact.

OH and you contradicted yourself. You said the prayers were said after the dismissal. Now you are saing that the missal booklet you refer to paces them after the second Gospel.A seconf gospel does not exist in the Mass, either in the Extraordinary Form of the Mass or the Novus Ordo. A Novus Ordo Misaal is some cases presents a long and short version of the day's gospel that can be used at the celebrant's choice.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+ It's a bold faced lie. What he did was stupid but he never denied the Holocost. H...
(Quote) Joseph-2737 said:

+JMJ+

It's a bold faced lie. What he did was stupid but he never denied the Holocost. He disputes how many died and how. Historically he's not the only one who questions the "official story" but since he's a bishop it gets a lot of air time.

--hide--

I dont know what JMJ means but never mind. Remember thet to the Germans the Holocost is a serious thing, a bit lat I know but they are trying. And they take any denial or apparent denial, whether by act deed or speech intended or not by ommission or commission very very seriously.

So a bit of Christian forebearance would be well exercised here. Different countries differnt laws for different reasons.

And when it comes to the Holocost Catholics are perhaps not really the best people to saying much.

Some of the Vatican Administration were committed to helping Nazis escape justice, several Preists were co-operative with the Nazis in the extermination of Orthodox, Jewish and Romany peoples in the Balkans. The best two examples are Poland and Croatia, especially Croatia where Preists blessed the Croat Einstazgruppen Polizi Units as they were seen as ridding the world of the Killers of Christ, and the Heretics of the Orthodoxy.

So its probably best we let the Germans soothe their consceince in their own way.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: The reverse is true; accusations are the only thing that have been made, you have not ent...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

The reverse is true; accusations are the only thing that have been made, you have not entered any (relevant) historical facts into the discussion.

You made the following statement:

The Roman Catholic Monarchies were always under attack by the enemies of Christ. It's a known fact that FDR was an central banker, and satanic cult member. The historical timeline 1940-46 strongly indicates if not proves the Roosevelt administration abolished the RC Monarchies of Europe.

When asked to list the Catholic Monarchies abolished by FDR, you were unable to come up with so much as one single example (and no, a monarchy that was not abolished until after FDR was dead does not count!)

You accuse FDR of being a member of a Satanic cult with no evidence to back it up whatsoever. Even if it were true, it does not prove he had a hand in the demise of any monarchy anywhere.

You accuse FDR of "being a central banker." Even if that is granted, it does not prove that he had the hand of any monarchy anywhere.

The Muslim immigration into Europe proves nothing about who is responsible for the fall of any monarchy anywhere.

Your contention that "the Monarchies worked as a group united in Christ" is also completely unsupported by the facts. They spent a tremendous time warring against each other.

--hide--

I see John the earth is still flat. But I have to agree with you here "

Your contention that "the Monarchies worked as a group united in Christ" is also completely unsupported by the facts. They spent a tremendous time warring against each other."

But FDR did actively support the British before 1941, so one CAN argue that he supported a monarchy The Brits.

But my main point is not just to you but to others is this sub thread what has any of this to do with a bishop convicted for denying the Holocaust???????????????? FDR, monarchy and bankers, Satan and money, the Latin Mass? How does that tie into the original thread as posted?

Cant we stick to the point? Did he or didn't he? was the punishment just? Does anyone care? Surely if you dont want to discuss the originators point the these threads should be raised in a new thread in a relevant post.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: JMJ -- Jesus, Mary, & Joseph, I believe.

JMJ -- Jesus, Mary, & Joseph, I believe.

--hide--

Thats blasphemy and swearing Mr Moderator. I refer to those who need reference to refer to the Dictionary of Slang and Swearing. University of Oxford Press 3rd Edition 1997 Oxford.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: You're avoiding the question. The accusation was made that "FDR abolished...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

You're avoiding the question.

The accusation was made that "FDR abolished all the Catholic monarchies of Europe."

When challenged for example, the only one given was a man who didn't assume the throne until after FDR was dead.

Wilson's actions do not address this issue.

--hide--

I don't believe FDR did, nor did I raise Wilson to say FDR did. I simply pointed out the actions of Woodrow Wilson.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Thats blasphemy and swearing Mr Moderator. I refer to those who need reference to refe...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Thats blasphemy and swearing Mr Moderator. I refer to those who need reference to refer to the Dictionary of Slang and Swearing. University of Oxford Press 3rd Edition 1997 Oxford.

--hide--

Only if it was meant to be denigrating to them. If it was meant as prayer, as it often is (most famously the blackboard of Fulton Sheen, where "JMJ" was often on top), then it is not.

Posts 61 - 70 of 200