Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: Does anyone know of a website where you can go to fulfill someone's need?I saw on the ...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

Does anyone know of a website where you can go to fulfill someone's need?

I saw on the news a little boy dying of cancer, and all he wanted was a card from a police officer, and he got a lot more than just that: visits from hundreds of officers, the secret service, all kinds of cool gadgets to play with, etc. His Christmas wish went viral and the outpouring of supprt was amazing.

It made me think: I wonder how many more are out there? So does anybody know of a website/database where I could write to someone, send them something, or just do a little something to make them feel better? I don't have a lot of money right now, but I will be starting a very well-paying job soon, and when I was employed, one of my favorite things to do was to send my friends in need boxes of stuff (food, gas cards, whatever they didn't have), donate, Toys for Tots, hospital care packages, and help out my family when they needed it. I would really like to work my way up to that again, but for now, is there anywhere I can just do a little here and there? Kids, foster families, hospital patients, otherwise disadvantaged? I also loved my job at Disneyland where I helped make "magical moments, and set up experiences for kids and adults to make their Disney dreams come true- it's just who I am!! Thanks in advance.

--hide--

Not sure if you have seen this done in your area but I wil listen to KTIS which is a Christian radio station. Anyways, they will have something called the Drive-Thru Difference. I have done it before and it is makes you feel all good inside knowing that you have done something nice for another person. What it is, is basically, when you are in the drive-thru at any restaurant you pay for the persons bill behind you (as well as your own of course, unless it was paid by someone already). Here is the link for it, to anyone who is interested www.ktis.fm

Feb 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-583970 said: Does anyone know of a website where you can go to fulfill someone's need?I saw on the news a little ...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

Does anyone know of a website where you can go to fulfill someone's need?

I saw on the news a little boy dying of cancer, and all he wanted was a card from a police officer, and he got a lot more than just that: visits from hundreds of officers, the secret service, all kinds of cool gadgets to play with, etc. His Christmas wish went viral and the outpouring of supprt was amazing.

It made me think: I wonder how many more are out there? So does anybody know of a website/database where I could write to someone, send them something, or just do a little something to make them feel better? I don't have a lot of money right now, but I will be starting a very well-paying job soon, and when I was employed, one of my favorite things to do was to send my friends in need boxes of stuff (food, gas cards, whatever they didn't have), donate, Toys for Tots, hospital care packages, and help out my family when they needed it. I would really like to work my way up to that again, but for now, is there anywhere I can just do a little here and there? Kids, foster families, hospital patients, otherwise disadvantaged? I also loved my job at Disneyland where I helped make "magical moments, and set up experiences for kids and adults to make their Disney dreams come true- it's just who I am!! Thanks in advance.

--hide--
Don't know if this the type of thing you are looking for, but here's a few ideas which involve pediatric patients...

1. The Beads of Courage (for pediatric cancer patients) - www.beadsofcourage.org

2. Your local Ronald McDonald House - Anything from collecting pop tabs www.rmhc.com to cooking meal for the families to donating surprises for the children. www.rmhc.com

3. If you contact the Child Life Department of any pediatric hospital, they may be willing to specify unique needs/requests of current inpatients.
Posts 21 - 22 of 22