Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Roe v. Wade

01/19/2013 new

Working at a small Catholic school, I find it mind-boggling that so many of my middle school students are clueless as to what Roe v Wade is. Even more so, many don't even know the basic facts about abortion. I am not talking about details here either. I knew the basic facts by at least 1-2 grade.

What is your experience? Do youth, or even adults, you encounter know about this devastating and pivotal point in our history? Do they realize the extent of this astronomical 'holocaust'?

01/19/2013 new

Roe VS Wade rolling eyes Another great gift from the 1960s. rolling eyes

01/19/2013 new

(Quote) Jeanette-848045 said: Working at a small Catholic school, I find it mind-boggling that so many of my middle school s...
(Quote) Jeanette-848045 said:

Working at a small Catholic school, I find it mind-boggling that so many of my middle school students are clueless as to what Roe v Wade is. Even more so, many don't even know the basic facts about abortion. I am not talking about details here either. I knew the basic facts by at least 1-2 grade.

What is your experience? Do youth, or even adults, you encounter know about this devastating and pivotal point in our history? Do they realize the extent of this astronomical 'holocaust'?

--hide--

What many people don't know is that Jane Roe didn't even have her abortion. She converted to Catholicism. A priest spoke at a Texas Right to Life or Alliance for Life (I forget which one) Banquet and said he had the priveledge of baptising her Catholic in 1998. She is working to end abortion.

01/19/2013 new

(Quote) Jeanette-848045 said: Working at a small Catholic school, I find it mind-boggling that so many of my middle school s...

--hide--

I knew when I was about 9, but my parents told me about it and we went to Right to Life Rallies and Masses for the unborn. I think the only way the children will get the information is if their parents tell them or the teachers tell them. We can't rely on secular media to teach it.

01/20/2013 new

(Quote) Jeanette-848045 said: Working at a small Catholic school, I find it mind-boggling that so many of my middle school students...
(Quote) Jeanette-848045 said: Working at a small Catholic school, I find it mind-boggling that so many of my middle school students are clueless as to what Roe v Wade is. Even more so, many don't even know the basic facts about abortion. I am not talking about details here either. I knew the basic facts by at least 1-2 grade.

--hide--

I never heard the term "astronomical holocaust" before but it is the best term for it. I'm probably becoming more aware of it from being here, plus the cause and effect it has on everyone. It is an desensitizing act which has spread into our government who have little respect for us. And their contempt for us is rarely seen or understood by the masses. Hopefully men will begin to understand their responsibilities and have remorse for their past.

01/20/2013 new

--hide--

Believe it or not Jeanette, there are adult women who believe that anesthesia is used and are not aware of how painfull and graphic the procedure of abortion is to experience. I know of too many who will tell you that they were awake and even saw their babies being sucked up in a tube. One young woman had a miscarriage 2 and 1/2 years after she went through with having an abortion and the pain of loosing that baby brought back memories and feelings of guilt.

Not only do many think you go to sleep and when you wake up it is all over, they are not aware of how many women and teenagers who have lost their lives do the complications caused from this procedure that was performed in clinics, legally, by licensed doctors.

01/20/2013 new

--hide--

I have been in education in the past year.In Catholic settings to the best of my knowledge, this is not taught about and is something no students seem to know about. Older students in public schools seem to know they have the option to have an abortion. No one talks about it as a moral issue or as an issue. When I was a teen and it wnet through, no one spoke about it openly in my Catholic Schools- ever. It is hard to believe. I think they did not want to darken our minds or harm us, by any mention of it.

01/21/2013 new
Jeannette, I've been working with teens in our religious ed program for the past 15 yrs and what I have seen is that all they hear about abortion in the public schools is the planned parenthood version. They teach that all it is is a bunch of cells and not a life. When they hear the truth about abortion, they tend to have a whole different view of it. I think awareness is the clue here, as this issue is discussed more and more you are seeing the pro life movement grow. There is a reason why 80% of the participants in the march for life are teens and college age students. The tide is turning and it is through the younger generation that it is. I do believe that some day soon Roe v Wade will be overturned, but in the mean time we have to keep working on public awareness of protecting all life from the moment of conception to the end of natural death.
01/21/2013 new

--hide--

My daughter has know what abortion is since she was pretty young (5 I think). She heard the term and asked what it meant. I kept it as simple as I could, "When a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she kills the baby inside of her". My daughter thought that was awful and asked why anyone would do that.
I don't think I have ever talked about Roe v Wade with her and she is now 11. So if she was asked about that court case she would probably be clueless.

I think most of the girls and younger women I am around would be pretty clueless about the case itsself. Some might know it as the abortion case.

I know I never learned about Roe v. Wade at the Catholic school or public high school I went to.

01/22/2013 new

55,772,015 Abortions in America Since Roe vs. Wade in 1973

The United States marks 40 years of legalized (legal cover) abortion in all fifty states at any time for any reason throughout pregnancy on January 22nd, the anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision. Since that time, there have been approximately 55,772,015 abortions that have destroyed the lives of unborn children.

An estimate published by the National Right to Life Committee this time in 2011 indicated there have been an estimated 54,559,615 abortions since the Supreme Court handed down its 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision allowing virtually unlimited abortions.

In the document, “Abortion Statistics: United States Data and Trends,” NRLC education director Dr. Randall K. O’Bannon estimates that there have been 54,559,615 abortions since 1973 based on data from both the Centers for Disease Control and the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, a former Planned Parenthood research arm. Guttmacher receives numbers directly from abortion centers themselves and is the prime source for more current figures because the Centers for Disease Control has never tabulated accurate numbers of abortions. The CDC relies on figures from state health departments, some of which rely on voluntary reporting — and it hasn’t had data from some states such as California and New Hampshire for more than a decade.

www.lifenews.com

Posts 1 - 10 of 16