Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 22nd 2013 new
Well said, Bob.
Jan 22nd 2013 new
These numbers, John, never cease to stagger me. Yet, I was telling my students the other day, I am guilty too. Do I remember moment to moment that a baby is being torn limb from limb or burned to death every few seconds? No. When I stand before the judgment seat of God, I want those hundreds of millions of babies to be witnesses for the defense not the prosecution. So, how are we to change our daily lives so as to end this astronomical holocaust? How am I going to bear witness to this forgotten multitude of innocents?
Jan 22nd 2013 new
Jeannette, these 55 million are our " Holy Innocents" we need to pray for the unborn, also for the mothers and fathers who have given them up, and especially for the conversion of our country from a culture of death to a culture of life. That is happening, young adults are becoming more and more pro life. What we also need to do is educate our young people about the truth of abortion and the lies of organizations like planned parenthood. Look up Lila Rose and see what she has done to expose these lies, and show them to your students. I've been attending the March for Life for the last 12 yrs, and each year I am so encouraged by how many teens and young adults are there.
Jan 22nd 2013 new

A new NBC/WSJ poll, currently on nbcnews.com, says the majority of Americans want abortion to be legal.

If true, there's still a lot of Pro-Life work to be done. Even at my Church, when abortion is mentioned, it sometimes sounds like abortion has become so desensitized, that it is almost considered inevitable. Saw a bumper sticker recently, that over a 24-hour day in the US, that an abortion is done every 24 seconds

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: A new NBC/WSJ poll, currently on nbcnews.com, says the majority of Americans want abortion to be leg...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

A new NBC/WSJ poll, currently on nbcnews.com, says the majority of Americans want abortion to be legal.

If true, there's still a lot of Pro-Life work to be done. Even at my Church, when abortion is mentioned, it sometimes sounds like abortion has become so desensitized, that it is almost considered inevitable. Saw a bumper sticker recently, that over a 24-hour day in the US, that an abortion is done every 24 seconds

--hide--

What gets me about those bumper stickers is that it pains us who fully except the Church's teaching regarding the sanctity of life whenever we read them, but to the majority who wants abortion to stay legal those bumper stickers serve only to popularize this ongoing slaughter of the unborn.

Jan 25th 2013 new

After Tiller: Meet the only four doctors in the U.S. who still perform third-trimester abortions despite constant threats to their lives

Only four doctors in the U.S. offer third-trimester abortions, knowing they risk their own lives every day to carry out such controversial procedures.

These doctors are the subject of a documentary screened at the Sundance film festival last weekend, forty years after the legalization of abortion in the U.S. and four years after Dr Tiller.

Physician George Tiller was a prominent practitioner of late-term abortions shot dead by an extremist in 2009.

The documentary After Tiller is named for him and focuses on the few remaining doctors who perform abortions in the third trimester of a pregnancy. The Supreme Court granted states the right to limit abortions in the final three months of a pregnancy.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Posts 11 - 16 of 16