Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I'm not sure if there's been a Papal decree praising it as moral, but it is cert...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I'm not sure if there's been a Papal decree praising it as moral, but it is certainly in line with the Catholic teaching on sex. As others have said, it assists sex in its natural form.

Sex must take place within marriage, and the formular of marriage is procreative and unitivite. Viagara assists both procreative and unitive. It doesn't change the sex act, it doesn't remove it from the confines of marriage and into a lab, it doesn't change the body to frustrate the procretive and by assisting the man it helps the unititive.

Viagara, if anything, is morally neutral; inof itself, it is not inherently evil nor inherently good. It can be used for evil, sure, 50 year old wanting to get it up so he can do his 28 year old secretary - evil. 50 year old man needing the assistance for celebrating his 25th wedding anniversary with his wife - good.

Seeing as the only impediment to Catholic Marriage is impotence, this can help men who otherwise would find themselves facing annullment proceedings.

--hide--

I understand what your saying but a part of me is still unsure. I think I will read over the Church's teaching on sex. Also, all "good things" do come to end.

Posts 11 - 11 of 11