Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Jan 23rd 2013 new
I think this is a beautiful prayer to say after receiving The Holy Eucharist:

Anima Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me

Body of Christ, save me

Blood of Christ, inebriate me

Water from Christ's side, wash me

Passion of Christ, strengthen me

O good Jesus, hear me

Within Thy wounds hide me

Suffer me not to be separated from Thee

From the malicious enemy defend me

In the hour of my death call me

And bid me come unto Thee

That I may praise Thee with Thy saints

and with Thy angels

Forever and ever

Amen.

theheartthehearttheheartPraying
Jan 26th 2013 new

Yes, Valentin, I love this prayer too... thank you for sharing. Love it all, but in particular love the line, "Blood of Christ inebriate me!" It reminds me of the "Wedding Feast at Cana" which prefigures the "Wedding Feast of the Lamb" and the "New Wine" in Song of Songs :)

And, also the line, "In Thy Wounds hide me." That is such a consolling from. I love to crawl into the wound in Christ's Heart to rest there :)

blessings :), in the Sacred Eucharistic Heart...

Jan 26th 2013 new
(Quote) Marie-933144 said: Yes, Valentin, I love this prayer too... thank you for sharing. Love it all, but in particular love the line, &...
(Quote) Marie-933144 said:

Yes, Valentin, I love this prayer too... thank you for sharing. Love it all, but in particular love the line, "Blood of Christ inebriate me!" It reminds me of the "Wedding Feast at Cana" which prefigures the "Wedding Feast of the Lamb" and the "New Wine" in Song of Songs :)

And, also the line, "In Thy Wounds hide me." That is such a consolling from. I love to crawl into the wound in Christ's Heart to rest there :)

blessings :), in the Sacred Eucharistic Heart...

--hide--

Yes, those two lines are very special.......I don't think I could pick out one line over another.....I think they are all so very special.

Another very beautiful prayer to say after receiving the Holy Eucharist is the Magnificat:

Luke 1:46And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord.

47 And My spirit hath rejoiced in God My Saviour.

48 Because He hath regarded the humility of His Handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call Me blessed.

49 Because He that is mighty, hath done great things to Me; and holy is His name.

50 And His mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear Him.

51 He hath shewed might in His arm: He hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.

52 He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble.

53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich He hath sent empty away.

54 He hath received Israel His servant, being mindful of His mercy:

55 As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to His seed for ever.

theheart theheart theheart Praying
Jan 26th 2013 new

Without Holy Communion, I think I would die!

Jan 28th 2013 new

Amen Susan :)

Jan 28th 2013 new

Marie: I had to share this with you: www.youtube.com.

I don't this can be explained with emotion or intellect, it is simply so much more.

Jan 28th 2013 new

My source, my summit, my nourishment and strength, my all in all. theheart

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: Marie: I had to share this with you: www.youtube.com do...
(Quote) Josephine-611497 said:

Marie: I had to share this with you: www.youtube.com.

I don't this can be explained with emotion or intellect, it is simply so much more.

--hide--

Josephine, WOW!!! That is so touching... Thanks so much for sharing. And anyone else reading these posts should watch it biggrin theheart .

I'm going to put it on facebook and send it out on my email list. Thank you :)
Marie

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: My source, my summit, my nourishment and strength, my all in all.
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

My source, my summit, my nourishment and strength, my all in all.

--hide--

Bless you Alice... Thanks much! wink

Jan 29th 2013 new

Oh, my! All I can say is: How Beautiful! Are we just so very, very blessed to be CATHOLIC?!

Posts 21 - 30 of 32